Author Topic: Information about pregnancy  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Information about pregnancy
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
"If using only a traditional stethoscope, you will need to wait until around week 20 to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat -- and still it might be very difficult to find. You will also need to distinguish between the fetus' rapid heartbeat and mom's much slower rhythm."

This is for information, so I dont see anyone saying they hear a baby's heartbeat at 2 months again.

Raz

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Information about pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:41:13 PM »
But if the stick the mother's legs in the air and wrap her ankles in foil, they might be able to tune in some Metallica!!!

Offline CinaSinclaire

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 06:12:24 AM »
 Walks up to the board..

Hey Now  if that were me,, my baby would tune in Barry Manilow.. Nods lots

Walks back out
Cina

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:34:04 PM »
now I have a question.... are we counting weeks in gorean hands or in earthen weeks?

because 20 earth weeks is 28 hands....

and vice versa.... 20 hands is only a little bit more then 14 weeks.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:17:11 PM »
From our very informative Webpages....

" However, the Free Woman's pregnancy will run full term in real time measurement of gestation. That means nine months of role-playing a virtual time pregnancy. MAKE THE DECISION TO BEAR YOUNG A WELL THOUGHT OUT ACT!!!"

So, in all accounts, preparations and checkups will be applied according to realtime measurment.

Raz

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:27:55 PM »
good to know, thats what Amber and I assumed -grins-

Offline CinaSinclaire

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 04:00:11 AM »
hey Folks

Making sure I have this right..If Cina is about two to two and ahalf months along that would make birth around nov maybe  early  dec.. Right??

Ok second thing is  the child can be role played by Only the parents in  type form/and yes I know  Talon and I wont be the  child  but we can Type about the child..

No slaves  taking care of said  child..
At what  vt age  does the child then get taken over   r/t by a R/t person coming  to the room taking  that Role on?? And No one touchy   child  till child of legal age Nods lots. Weather its male or  female makes no diff on that issuse

I hope I have this   clear and   fully understand  it.. please  clear up anything that I may need  further info on 
Thank You..
Cina..
Talons   still in the dark he  dont know  Yet, He will be in tonight  Grins..

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 05:37:27 AM »
Shoko, there are 52 weeks in a r/t year, and there are 52 hands in a gorean year... So, 20 weeks equal 20 hands...

Cina, more than likely early to mid December... ~smiles~ You can NPC the child until the person you have to take over the child is fully ready to do so... It can happen in as little as a week or a couple months... But when they are taken over, they are 18, having survived growing up they will also have earned their name... As most children born in Tuchuk are not named until they earn their names... ~smiles~ I hope this helps...

Offline CinaSinclaire

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »
Hey Ragnar.....

If Ya love /Not Barry Mainlow  Bet Bobby Vinton  would  really make Ya do a happy joy joy Dance..

Cina

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 07:28:14 AM »
just curious...

do kajira ever bear children here?  i have read about the 'breeding' in the Gorean novels i have read so far, the girl never knows who the father is since she is hooded during the 'procedure'.  is the offspring also a slave?

again, just wondering.

amanda
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 10:00:27 AM »
No... No slaves in Tuchuk will ever be allowed such, this is why you are given slave wine... If a man wishes to get his slave pregnant, he has to free her, FC her then she may have children, after being given the breeding wine...

It's in the webpages... ~smiles~

My suggestion to you is this... read the webpages completely, and the only book we follow is "Nomads of Gor" as that pertains to all the wagon camps, but mostly Tuchuk... but the most important thing to remember is that the webpages have an abundance of information that goes on in our home, which is the most important thing...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:02:30 AM by Taryn »

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 10:15:35 AM »
thank You, Mistress.

this girl keeps reading the Tuchuk pages, and there is a lot to digest.  <smiles>  and this girl enjoys learning more and more about our home.

'Nomads' will be the next book she will read, she has almost finished 'Captive' and 'Dancer'.  <the latter in order to get inspiration for dancing, so this girl may hopefully be able to test up to 'senior mat' soon>.

again, thank You for Your help and encouragement, Mistress.

amanda
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

kelsey

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
Raz

Would there be a special ob stethoscope we might have? 

Kels

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »
Raz

Would there be a special ob stethoscope we might have? 

Kels

A miners helmet and carbide lamp..... and a Woman who is not bloodthirsty?

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 09:13:46 PM »
Shoko, there are 52 weeks in a r/t year, and there are 52 hands in a gorean year... So, 20 weeks equal 20 hands...

Cina, more than likely early to mid December... ~smiles~ You can NPC the child until the person you have to take over the child is fully ready to do so... It can happen in as little as a week or a couple months... But when they are taken over, they are 18, having survived growing up they will also have earned their name... As most children born in Tuchuk are not named until they earn their names... ~smiles~ I hope this helps...

Ahem...lets get some advice down for everyone.  Please.....

READ THE WEBPAGES....

For instance, there are not 52 weeks in a gorean year...20 weeks is not 20 hands.  20 hands is 100 days in Gor.  20 weeks is 140 days on earth.  Why?  Because an earth week is 7 days.  A Gorean week is a hand which is 5 days.  12 months in a rt year....12 gorean months in a Gorean year.  A month in Gor has 5 hands or 25 days.  Then there is the passage hand of 5 days between months.  So technically you can say that there are 30 days.  That makes 360 days in a Gorean year.  360 days divided by 5 is?  72.  72 gorean hands in a year where there is 52 weeks in a year on earth.

Nomads of Gor is also not the ONLY book we use...it is the book that we base our lifestyle around but we utilize all the Gorean books.

And Kels...

That kind of technology would more than likely not be available to us in camp.  For something like that we would have to wait till we were on migration and hit Turia to visit the medical cylinder and the Caste of Physicians.

Thank you for tuning in to the very informative GBS, Gorean Broadcast Service.  This concludes our program schedule for the day.  For the best in Gorean information, stay tuned with GBS in Tuchuk.  We will return on the air tomorrow with more of your favorite programs.  And now, our national anthem....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUwfXoyTSI