Author Topic: Looking for a theif....(as Jason)  (Read 2016 times)

Offline quiet one

Looking for a theif....(as Jason)
« on: June 13, 2005, 07:34:31 AM »
It was a hot and muggy day as he set out...he had a few leads...and well he had seen the look in the woman Kate's eyes when she talked about her stuff that was stolen...yeah sure he probably caused a great deal of those looks for other people but there was something about this woman that had intrigued him...it was the same intrigue when he looked at Elisha...two woman who stirred something in him more than he cared to realize or understand at this moment...he didn't have room in his life for any of this...he chose his lifestyle and he would live with it...

There had been a few other jewel thefts in the area...a few small time ones at that...nothing that he would have even bothered with...but when he noticed a pattern well then he thought why not check things out...this one...the theft of Kate's and the girl from the university happened close together...very close actually...

It hadn't taken him a lot to find out what he wanted...there was a small time hauling business that was run by a Mr. Jimmy Sinclaire...and Jason had heard that Jimmy tended to charge one price and then hire drivers and trucks and guys to work who were not bonded or insured...and of all the jewel thefts he had looked into so far he found that they all had this in common...interesting...very interesting....

Jason had managed to slip into Kate's building with apartment ease...which surprised him considering it was supposed to have one of the highest security ratings...no the less he made his way to Kate's floor and slid a note underneath...the note was typed...and there would be no finger prints found...the note had even been typed and printed at the public library...nothing would link Jason back to this letter...nothing at all...

Miss,

I think if you look into the hauling company you used a few weeks back you might be surprised at what you find, make sure to check all employees.

And that was it...simple and to the point...Jason didn't want to be one who gave actual names that might give the cops reason to look more into the note and perhaps make his next job a little tougher...though his job was weeks away he was still always aware of his environment and didn't want to rock the boat so to speak....

Easily making his way out of the building having avoided all the cameras...yes...he was slick...new his job well and was good at it....though it was getting tired and boring...perhaps he would consider something different after this one last job...perhaps...

...the power to do good comes from deep within your soul...

Offline quiet one

Re: Looking for a theif....(as Jason)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 08:16:27 AM »
He had heard from his contact at the PD that they were looking for some kid.  Jess something or other.  That was one of the names he knew from Working at Jimmy's.  The kid had apparently stolen that college girls ring.  So he set out again.

If that kid knew the cops were onto him he would be looking to get rid of the jewels.  After calling a few pawn shops and a few people he knew that would be into such items he came up with nothing.  Perhaps the kid still had the stuff but Jason knew he would be making his move soon.  Kids like that don't keep the stuff for no reason.  A quick buck and they got the money.

It was only a matter of time before Jason or even the cops found the kid and got back that Kate's missing jewelry.
...the power to do good comes from deep within your soul...

Offline Katie

• Kaitlyn Rose
Re: Looking for a thief....(as Jason)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 04:01:21 PM »
When I returned from work yesterday evening, I found an anonymous note slipped under the apartment door.    Wrestling with myself whether or not to turn the information over to Lts. Bertolli and Friday, or to investigate on my own and risk withholding evidence (and probably getting myself disbarred), I set out to talk to Dr. Harris.  I don't know him well, but I trust his judgement.  We had pizza and beer since he hadn't eaten, and he was painting models of a battlefield that were remarkable pieces of work. 

Before I went to work this morning, I turned over the note to the Lieutenants. 
She had a need to feel the thunder
To chase the lightning from the sky
To watch a storm with all its wonder
Written in her lover's eyes
She had to ride the heat of passion
Like a comet burning bright
Rushing headlong in the wind
Now where only dreams have been
Burning both ends of the night....