Author Topic: How is Your Roleplay?  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
How is Your Roleplay?
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:27:10 PM »
During an open discussion night, impromptu, I brought up a topic of how to liven up your roleplay, enrich it, become more indepth with it so to speak.  I asked for ways and what Ihave compiled is a list of it all, shortened for easier filtering.

More Interaction
Keeping OOC out
Lead by example
Clan Roleplay
Interclan interaction - (like how one clan may need something provided by another)
Storylines - (good one here, like involving all in a storyline where imagination is key)
Improv - (can be added to storylines)
Take it a more personal emotional level rather than always a conflict of arms or natural disaster
No More Drama for yer momma
Realism to location - (how can you greet from a wagon across the camp and conversate through walls?)
Personal Character involvement - (know indepth your character and bring it out a bit)
Training - (Anykind of training)
Camp layout and inner workings - (Large camp, try to add realism of location and how the camp works as a whole)

What do you think will help your roleplay?  I would like all to read and think on this and perhaps something is listed here that you may need some work on.  We all have faults and no one is perfect, except me of course...*grins*, but everyone can use this to help sharpen their edge so to speak on their roleplay.  Post any suggestions comments etc you may have on this topic.

Raz

Offline cat{MTC}

Re: How is Your Roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:33:17 AM »
greetings Master

cat is unsure about her r/p cause she really not r/p
is who she is what she write..
sometime cat feels like an outsider..cause not sure how to r/p and please the Frees with it ..
if not greeting from down the river feels bad about it and feel cat been rude ..
if greeting..then cat loose that focus of what or where she was ..
she is sorry to not be  a good r/p in camp..
she would love too..she would love have some direct guidance ..
or help in any area she need it..
this is first time for her to r/p
she walways been One's slave r/t and v/t and all was about what she did r/t  she never r/p in rooms ..
and must confess when she is clamsy is because in r/t she actually is clamsy..
not sure if expressing  herself well..
but what character cat is?
when she is not playing a character but been herself ?
she did learn alot about gor and tuchuks ..
when she  in camp..
is not cat rp but is veronica herself ..
cat and vero are same ..so what she may do to r/p better and help..she feels sometime like be the stupid of the village ..
and vero do know to not be a stupid girl..but sometime she feels like that cause know her rp is not good ..
she is sorry for it..what cat may do to do it better?

vero/cat

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 05:54:51 PM »
I will say this, being shy r/t is the cause of non-interaction from me... I tend to have foot in mouth disease, and will just do things on my own... That may or may not change with the addition of my Brother's return, we will have to see how that goes...

As for doing too much OOC, I have tried to do better and not do so much... but I can see where it's a major distraction to those around me when others do it, so if I have to, I will talk to whomever in PM, or if it's a major rti I will post that in (( )) and either ghost or leave... ~smiles~ Just toss me a friendly reminder if I break rp with OOC, and I will stop, honestly, I will...

Leading by example is something I have tried to do, and somewhat fail at... Going back to being shy again, doesn't allow me to really mingle and get into things much...

I have no problem with Clan roleplay, heck it's the only time I can get lost in what I love to do and find out that I can write novella type posts... ~laughs~ hey, I don't do that often, and the other night was a first for me... but I was describing what I was doing, what tools I was using and trying to show through my words what you would see me doing...

Kaylani and I are working on that... if I can be in the room during the same time as her, we always seem to be missing each other... ~grins~ but I am working on expanding to other clans, just give me a little bit of time...

ummm... my long lost twin brother appears after being gone from my life for two years... this can be an interesting storyline for everyone, especially him ~evil laugh and grin~

Drama sucks and drains the creativity out of those around you... and it will also make you the fastest loser in all those around you if you insist on constant drama, if you have to have drama in your roleplay 20 hrs a day, 5 days a week, then you have other problems that you need to work out in your rt, before coming into vt... ~smiles softly~ I speak from experience, it's not the way to garner friends or attention, because after the upteenth time, you will lose those friends, and the attention....

I have gotten lazy in my greetings, this I fully admit to and will correct in the future... it's not realistic, unless everyone is right there on your wagon porch, because the darn thing won't hold everyone without crumbling and crashing to the ground...

In the days and months ahead, you will learn more about Taryn, as she opens herself up a little bit at a time, or yells accusations at her brother...

No you aren't perfect either, Raz, just as you said no one is... though we all like to think we are, we aren't, because that would mean we lived in a perfect world, with perfect parents and all that other perfect stuff... ~grins~ I am not even close to perfect in my roleplaying, but I do work hard to try to look better than I am, I truly suck at it... there's nothing perfect there... but there are things here that have me thinking and will try to incorporate in my roleplay, but no promises...

Diane/Taryn Iona

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 10:46:14 PM »
Amber Dragonsfury
Painters Clan Elder
OO
First Daughter
MTC
: She stands outside of the wagon that holds Her honor for helping in the Kataii raid. She wasn't sure if She should just go rooting around in there..if She should have the things moved...or what She should do. She didn't want to seem greedy by taking the things that were given to Her too soon. She shifts Her weight and nibbles Her lip before walking up the steps and into the wagon.

: She peers into the darkness of the wagon before remaining on the porch. She really did not want to offend by going inside. That was the last thing She wanted to do.

: She goes to step inside, and then stops. Shaking Her head softly as She backs up a few paces on the porch. She nibbles Her lower lip as She stops at the very front edge of the porch, staring at the doorway.

: Her eyes return to the wagon doorway. She inhales a deep breath and holds it as She marches across the porch and into the wagon. She exhales slowly as She looks around. Her eyes alight on all of the possessions gathered and She steps a little bit closer before sinking to Her knees and pondering quietly to Herself.

: She may as well. No time like the present. She gains Her feet and turns on Her heel to leave the wagon. Going down the steps She stands at the bottom calling to smith and wesson, the two ex-Kataii warriors..who are now Her thralls. they come running, knowing better than to disobey, their backs had felt more than one kiss from Her whip already since they had been gifted, and it truly sucked to disobey Her.

: She nods and turns and walks back up the steps, the thralls heeling as they should. She turns at the top of the porch. smith, laterns. She looks at wesson. you...follow Me. She turns and walks back into the wagon, looking over the possessions again. She knew Terran would receive the weapons and trophies, and most of HIs clothing, and a few more of the more personal items. The rest, as far as She could figure..were creature comforts for a wagon.

: She settles on Her knees, Her leather covered flesh pressing to the rich fur laid there. smith brings about the lanterns, filling the wagon with bright light as She begins to sort through all of the possessions, putting aside what Terran would want from the wagon. All of the domestic things, like the pots and pans, cooking skewers and such, She puts into Her own modestly neat pile. She get's to a chest with gems inside of it and pauses. She knew what it would have been used for. She chews Her lower lip before dividing it all in half. She places one half in a smaller chest, and places the other half in a chest of the same size. One chest goes to Terran's side, while the other one goes to Her own. She sighs softly. She didn't want to do this, but it was Her Fathers wish..and KutaiKahns wish as well, She couldn't disappoint.

: She get's into a chest that holds clothing and just recloses the chest, leaving it be. It would be Terrans now. She only hopes the Warriors clothing fits Her skinny brother. She smiles a little thinking of Terran swimming around in a bigger Man's clothing. She shakes Her head softly and begins to sort through the next phase of possessions.

: She comes across a small leather folder. With her curiosity piqued she opens it slowly and nearly drops it as she gasps. Inside were sketches on rence paper. Sketches of her to be exact. Her sapphire orbs admire the detail and the great amount of attention poured into the sketches. It was her all right. Astride ImInnocent..braiding her hair...painting her Father's shields by the fireside. Her fingers trace over the sketches, a single tear racing down her cheek and splashing against her thigh as a light blush comes to her cheeks. She was alone, so the blushing didn't count, but still. She had been rather clueless as to his intentions, to his interest. She felt bad that she never noticed this man who had been watching her for quite some time. She closes the folder and tucks it into her pile. She was keeping those.

: She goes back to the chest she had found the gems in and begins sorting through the precious items placed in there. It felt odd to her, going through these particular items. These were items most would offer for a brideprice, and she now knows who it was for. She lifts out a hair comb carved from bosk bone, her fingers running over it lightly before she settles it onto her lap and takes within her hands the matching hair brush made with kailla hair bristles. She strokes each piece and looks back into the chest. Lifting up a fine gold chain she admires the charms attached to it. It was about the length of her waist if it weren't round. She sighs softly and her fingers dance over the carvings of wagons, sleen, kailla and bosk in the sleen teeth attached to the chain. She lets it slither from her fingers to rest into her lap along with the comb and brush.

: She peeks into the bottom of the chest and takes within her hands the last item within it. She lifts up the tabuk horn back scratcher. Her head tilts and then her lips curve into a soft smile as she thinks of all the nights she wandered off to scratch her back against the corner of a wagon somewhere. She shakes her head softly and murmurs. Sneaky sneaky Man. Always watching. She settles all four of the items back into the chest and nods to smith and wesson to move the heavy chest closer to her pile. She rises from the kneel and moves further into the wagon.

: She resettles on her knees, once more pressing them to a lush fur that lines the floor. Her fingers run over it as she looks to the walls. Her eyes slide by the weapons, shields and trophies, knowing that she..personally..does not have permission to touch a Warriors weapons. She would leave them there for Terran. Since this was His wagon now, He could move them when He was ready. Instead her eyes fell upon the exquisite tapestries. She stands and moves to one, admiring the rich detail of the plains scene picture there. Her hand goes out to run down the length of it, the materials it was made out of were soft to her skin. She smiles a little and turns in a small circle, admiring the other tapestry works on the walls. One by one she moves down the length of the wagon, slowly untacking the tapestries and rolling them carefully to be placed within the possessions that will be moved to her wagon.

: She moves on, feeling a little bit better with the passing time. Each and every item would be loved and cherished, used as they would have been should KamKhan had lived. She begins to pick up the plush furs, brushing them off, fluffing them up where they have been stepped on. Half go to her pile, the other half go to Terrans. She knew some things would have to stay for Terran's own living. She moved next to the ornate braziers. Having smith and wesson rearrange those as well she turns next to the crockery that was left behind, elegant, yet simple. She smiles, if she could explain her life..it would be with those words..elegant, yet simple. She lifts and moves the dishes to her pile and nods to smith and wesson. I believe you can begin moving things now. I'm not quite done here, but at least you can get started. She leaves the two thralls to their own devices on how best to move the things belonging to their Mistress now. She turns slowly in another circle, her sapphire orbs scanning what is left and what can be moved, what must not be touched.

: She stops in front of a wall mirror. Her head tilts to the side as she studies her reflection there. A hand automatically goes up to smooth out a few stray locks of hair that are sticking up. She turns this way and that in front of it, admiring her Tuchuk proportioned body. She grins softly, thinking about the city women she had seen, how tiny, how frail they appeared to be. And she thought they were weird for appearing to be such. She makes note to have the mirror moved to her wagon before she moves on again. She picks up two lamps from Turia and moves them to her pile as well before turning to look at the casks of tharlarion oil. She moves half of the lamps to Terrans pile and makes a note to leave half of those casks here, and the other half be moved to her wagon along with the lamps.

: She comes to the last chest, on top were sitting a wash basin and pitcher. Her eyes move to the door wondering if Terran would want it. Then she remembers he doesn't bathe nearly as often as she does and she moves the pitcher and basin to her pile. She opens the chest after she's moved those two items and peers down inside. Blinking softly at the contents before she shuts the lid and settles back on her heels. She chews her lower lip thoughtfully as she sits there and ponders.

: She rises up to her knees again, opening the chest lid again. She wanted to close it back up and keep it just the way it was, keep it the way the last time KamKhan touched it. Within the recesses of the chest..were the Warrior's memories. Each scrap and piece of His life that he thought was important..was in this chest. She sighs softly and peers down at the assorted items there. It was like peering into someone's soul. She settles back on her heels again and crosses her arms over her knees as she stares at the chest, not sure what she should do.

: She sighs softly and something catches her eye. She sits up straighter and she reaches into the chest. She pulls out a large piece of rock, it's edges and sides smoothed out by many years of water running over it. She just gapes at it, her fingers running over the rather crude painting there. She shakes her head. He kept that? All these years and he kept her first piece of art? She blinks a few times. The love struck ramblings of a five year old with a severe crush on just a boy then. Just a few years older than her. Her heart pounds in her chest as she flashes back to when she was that young. Remembering the feeling of being starstruck, imagining the day he would ask to court her...and they would ride off into the sunset on the day of their FCing. She shakes her head, her blonde waves falling over her shoulders. Her fingers traipse over the picture of the girl and the boy, hand in hand. It wasn't very good, she was only a child then. She closes her eyes and breathes in deep. She had almost forgotten that day, so much had happened since then, and with time, and as training and duties took him away from her, the crush had fallen dormant and then was forgotten as she grew older. She had always loved him, there was no doubt about that. She opened her eyes and clutched the rock to her chest, pressing it to her heart.

: She holds it there for many heartbeats, her eyes reclosing as she listens to the silence in the wagon, just her heartbeat in her ears, and the silence of a life that had ended. She takes the rock from her heart and looks down at it again, sapphire orbs filling with silent, unchecked, and unseen tears, mourning for a love lost, a friend who would never again smile at her. She didn't pity the loss, oh no, she treasured it in a way. His life for the Camp..Her Family..Her Home. That would never be pitied, never be forgotten. Not by her..Not by anyone. She rests the rock in her lap before she peers into the dark depths of the chest again. Every bit of his life was here. Every cherished memory was in this chest. She saw things that touched her deeply, personally..things he had kept..childlike things she had given to him as gifts. A piece of colorful glass that she just thought was the most exquisite thing when she was seven. He had even kept the braided thong when she first learned how to twine the leather together to make a braid. She shakes her head and her emotions trip all over each other. It was sweet, a rare thing seen by most from Warriors. She knew him, he would never show this side in public, but in his heart he had had a soft spot for her. The spoiled rotten Ubars daughter. Her lips curve into a wry grin as she whispers into the air, as if he were still there, lingering..watching her. Brat..

: She barely registers the sound of bare feet upon the wagon boards. She turns to peer at smith and wesson before placing the rock back into the chest and closing it softly. Her hands caress the well cared for wood before she nods to it, turning her gaze back to the two thralls. Her voice husky with the emotions running rampant, trampling all over her heart. This one comes with me as well. She clears her throat softly and stands, moving away from the chest with quiet ease. There were only a few things left now, and that was mostly pillows and other finer things that Terran would probably destroy accidentally and unintentionally. Soft pillows, ornate tables, she leaves a few for Terran to enjoy, but the majority goes with her. She moves and steps out onto the porch again. She breathes in deeply before sinking to the stairs and sitting there. She didn't want to leave yet. She wanted to remain in this wagon forever, surrounded by the familiar scent of KamKhan. She looks over her shoulder back inside the wagon and smiles before shaking her head at her silliness. But then again, it wasn't really silly to cling to the memories of loved ones who have moved on. She turns her gaze to the camp then, a hand coming up to rub at her eyes, banning the tears from them. It was a private mourning, not a single soul but her and KamKhan needed to know about it. That's the way it should be.

: She rises from the steps of Ka...Terrans wagon and begins to make Her way towards the main fires. She wrapped her arms around her waist as she walked, her step light, her heart heavy. She really had been blind to quite a few things her entire life. She shakes her head and runs her fingers through her hair. Really blind. She doesn't watch where she is going, she counts the steps from the wagon out of habit rather than need. Many had already done it several times over, and she was doing it now. 5..6...7.. She thought about the items left in that chest. She couldn't keep them all, as rightfully, they belonged to KamKhan... 18..19..20..And not only in a physical sense..but a mental and emotional sense..They were his memories that he cherished..why not let the O/others who shared those memories..know that? 41...42...43.. She nods to herself. Yes. The memories would be shared. She would find those who shared those memories with him..give them the memories in physical form..let them know what they meant to KamKhan. It would be so. It was her will, her way, her determination. 76...77...78..

: She reaches the main fires. Looking out over the F/family gathered as she clings to a shadow. She leans against a wagon before beginning to scoot around the outter edges of the firelight, flitting from shadow to shadow unconsciously, trying to remain unseen. She wasn't in a bad mood, but she wasn't in a good mood either. She was caught in the middle, torn between wanting company..and wishing to have none. She didn't know what to do with Herself. Well She did, but that would mean a few more days straight of exhaustive painting. She already had been up for days, painting the inside of Her wagon, She still hadn't moved to the outside. She could do a few more days before She'd fall into an exhausted heap, but at least, exhausted her mind couldn't traipse over memories.

: Unseen, unheard, unnoticed, just as She had wished to be, she settles upon her own wagon steps, leaving quite enough room for smith and wesson to get into her wagon and place the items she was having moved. She settles her chin into her palm, her sapphire orbs brooding quietly as she remains silent, but still observant. Her eyes on the here and now, but her minds eye on the past, watching ghosts of images stalk across the main fires. Her eyes follow things that aren't there. People who are no longer with her. Strong proud Warriors stride across the open space. Women, their hair bound in braids move about quietly. She blinks, banishing the images of time past back to her mind, except for one. A ghost that would never be gone from her, one that was never noticed in life. KamKhan still watched her from a distance.

I don't have much to say.  I wanted others to see it that didn't have the opportunity to see it as it was played out in the room. -slips off quietly-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 11:00:59 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!!

VERY well done!!!

:-* ;)

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 07:58:56 AM »
okies i am probably goin to open a pandoras box here but i think that it needs pointing out

Realism to location - (how can you greet from a wagon across the camp and conversate through walls?)
here we run in to problems with the training of the slaves, we are trained from the moment we are collared a specific way to greet and if we dont follow that, well i have seen heads chewed and spit back out, how are we to deal with this? should we greet in (()) and stand the chance of breaking rp?
Keeping OOC out
or possible the rules of OOC?

i can see this as being an out to some who dont want to serve All as they should, they will be able to put themselves in a place of camp where they wouldnt even have to greet,

perhaps, an exception to the OOC and greeting across camp and to those in wagons should be waivered for the slaves ((and yes this would take a moment from the free to acknowledge with a brief greetings as well when the slave greets them)) this is where the Interation clause could and would come in to effect

and i could very well be just speaking out my ass here -cheesey grin-

but i thought that this needed to be addressed

Yetu

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 10:04:45 AM »
I try and keep ooc down to the barest minimum that I possibly can. when I do have a question about something that as the Typist I dont know, I pm S/someone and ask. if its greeting and within viewing capabilities I try and do it with the (( )). Im sorry if I step out of the bounds for ooc.

Im trying to improve on where I post My location when I move. I just found the map again this morning and am starting to use it for refference as Ive put it into My favorites and now have regular access to it.

if I do something wrong, S/someone please tell Me and I will try My best to improve. I apologize for the slowness of Yetu's learning of General Gorean language. rt situations that dont hinder My coming into the room, are having an effect on the leanring She needs to do still.

now that the brick molds have been found, I've gotten started in making bricks. once the ovens are built for cooking I will make more for the construction of the pottery oven. unless there is going to be a regular gorean style kiln brought in. let Me know on this please so I know how the pottery will be baked as they are being made

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 12:33:45 PM »
Hey Yetu, I need to get togehter with you some time to discuss yer kiln/ovens.... I have a moneymaking scheme for us.... *eg*

Yetu

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 02:29:36 PM »
OOC: okie dokie

IC: *jenny, My translator, tells Me what You've said. a grin briefly comes to My lips and I nod, speak to her and she tells Me what letters to put on the note* ok. just let Me know

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 08:00:29 PM »
here we run in to problems with the training of the slaves, we are trained from the moment we are collared a specific way to greet and if we dont follow that, well i have seen heads chewed and spit back out, how are we to deal with this? should we greet in (()) and stand the chance of breaking rp?

Keeping OOC out
or possible the rules of OOC?

i can see this as being an out to some who dont want to serve All as they should, they will be able to put themselves in a place of camp where they wouldnt even have to greet,

perhaps, an exception to the OOC and greeting across camp and to those in wagons should be waivered for the slaves ((and yes this would take a moment from the free to acknowledge with a brief greetings as well when the slave greets them)) this is where the Interation clause could and would come in to effect

and i could very well be just speaking out my ass here -cheesey grin-

but i thought that this needed to be addressed

A simple greeting in (()) has never broken my roleplay.  As long as it is kept to the greetings and no further like "my day sucked because I had to work 14 hours and Im so bushed I could scream, how about you sister?" The question you should ask is is it a bother to everyone else.

And placing themselves in a place away from the main of camp where they would have to roleplay is what we are trying to avoid.  Hence livening up the roleplay to make it so everyone enjoys coming to camp and actually wants to participate.  All in al, its not really a pandoras box if we are trying to solve problems like those you suggest.

Also hun, you seem to forget the real topic.  Its not about how this will affect others roleplay but, how is your roleplay and what can we do to make it better and help.  We know the problems, hence the discussion, what we want is solutions.

Raz
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 08:05:23 PM by Raziel »

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »
~re-reading the post she made just a few months before and notices a few things~

Okay first of all I thought this deserved to be bumped up and everyone should take a look at the questions that Raziel posted and seriously think about them... I am not perfect in my roleplaying, but I have been working hard on making a few adjustments here and there, and I have just about cut out all r/t comments posted in the room... there might be a few things that I might toss out that is important, but for the most part I stick to roleplay in the room...

The one thing that seems to be sticking out lately is that Tuchuk just finished with the worst migration in many years... work with this storyline that has been laid out to us, work with it, don't ignore it and laze around your wagon or the fires, get up and roleplay, don't think that since migration is over so's the storyline, it's not...

Just think through on some of  the points that Raziel posted, throw your ideas and suggestions out, find ways to start making the room more alive with activity...

Offline Amore / Daniella

• Justice is a fragile thing.
    • Amore's Inner Sanctum
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 09:06:13 PM »
I actually read this before life fell apart in the real world and started working on a response to this.

I can't help but feel that something is directed toward me, because I do roleplay with realism, or at least as much as possible.  I know Gor well. I taught Gor.  There are times I feel I am being condescended to as an idiot that doesn't know what I'm doing. Why? Based on my roleplay, as amore thinks about things and learns her new home, there are those that take it not as roleplay but because the typist doesn't understand or know what she is talking about.

Roleplayers tend to think that when someone comes to their home, it is up to only that individual to acclimate to the new home, while, in truth, the members of that home must as well, learn to acclimate and learn about the new arrival equally so.  EVeryone has the responsibility to learn about each other.  Amore is no different from anyone else.  Yet, in many ways is unique because she is a strong woman with strong convictions of her slavery, and isn't afraid to display it or her sensuality or sexuality. 

I'm a diehard for detail and my posts are pretty defined, which is a struggle itself, but the reasons that are quite personal.   Emotions for that particular day, the way the light might hit me, washing up before I even make an appearance all make up that first entry post. 

It's not done to avoid anyone or to not serve.  Serving is my passion.  It is what makes me tick as a slave.  I don't mind serving free women either.  Yes, slaves would rather serve men, but we are required to serve everyone, commanded to do so by men.  I'm used to being in rooms/homes, where two entry posts minimum were required before actually coming upon anyone to speak to.  The exceptions would be waking up in my Master's home chained to His couch, or among other slaves chained in kennels, that sort of thing.   

Back to my roleplay.  As I said, I am realistic as much as possible, such as, when I enter, my post is waking up in the kennel wagon and finaled up by stepping outside.  After this post, I'll greet OOC though I don't like to.  I used to be whipped to shreds for speaking OOC by an ex Master.  But, I've had to make adjustments here in MTC so not to offend.   

My next post is one of making my way to the main fire, where people are normally gathered around.  In that post I'll arrive, kneel and begin with the greetings "in person".  If no one is at the fire, my next post is perhaps wandering off to begin chores --- but ---- though there might be people in the medical wagon, I realistically wouldn't know that.  So, in order to keep both realistic and proper, on my way to tending chores, I'll pass the medical wagon, or commissary wagon, or animal pens, or whereever people are, and "discover" them there. 

As for my roleplay, and how I treat roleplay in general and see roleplay in general, and who the character amore is....    -Takes this from my personal roleplay message board to insert here-

Roleplaying is something that is unique to each individual. It is something you can learn from others and help develop you yourself as a character. This uniqueness is something that should be respected by others as well.  One of my most firm beliefs -- and annoyances -- are the attention seekers, the drama queens.  Not always having someone in a roleplay room pay attention to me I take advantage of to help build my character and grow within my role.

It's also my firm belief that the only way you can truly be interesting if you apply yourself in roleplay; and that doesn't mean crawl on someone's lap or rub yourself on someone who hasn't asked you to do so just to gain their attention. It will earn you maybe a few moments of sexual attention, but that's it.    Candy is cheap and easy.   While a dessert wine takes time to age and simmer, the taste lingering and demanding another taste.

In my roleplay, I express my feelings or thoughts in my posts. For example, I had been punished the day prior by my Master, and today I am feeling several emotions, perhaps remorse, perhaps anger.   As with those times I'm hanging out with my friends in the real-world and inflect, I add that visualization to my roleplay as well, such as a furrowing of brow, or a hand moving.    I might suddenly laugh at a thought that crosses my mind.  I do that in real life, thinking of a joke, or something silly one of my children might have done.  It's embaressing though if that happens when I'm with one of my clients.  -wry grin-

One of the most frustrating things I have found in roleplaying are force postings -- especially when first meeting someone but they know your name [it's in your tags, they'll say],  -- that isn't realistic.  Sometimes mind reading a person's real name in the real world would be nice, but, instead we have to rely on introductions.  Or, in this case, roleplaying offering a name or asking for one.   

Another common force posting is the ability to read the thoughts that are posted. For example, I might be sitting with a worried look on my face, or walking around a bit nervously and thinking to myself various things. The good roleplayer would respond to me by asking if something was wrong, noting the etched worry on my face. However, many simply speak to my character in exact reference to my character's thoughts.

Amore is a proud woman.  Born a free woman of a High Jarl of Torvaldsland, amore grew up in a lofty arrogant surrounding.  Even the bonds were arrogant creatures.  In brief, without inserting my whole bio here, amore became a panther girl after fleeing a companionship to a man who betrayed her family and had them killed, allying themselves with Kur to usurp amore's father's holdings.  Amore was very good, even lead her lair for awhile.  Many men captured, still amore never felt her revenge against men sated, which she thought was her destiny in life.  When amore was captured and made slave, it was a struggle between man and woman, dominance against dominance, until amore came to realize that she was indeed a slave.  It was a long, emotional struggle for her, as well as physical, but she ultimately resigned herself to this knowledge.  Amore had a nice life for awhile, then became fodder for those that lacked responsibility and left her abandoned, or simply lacked the skill of mastery altogether.  It left amore feeling an anger return against men.  It was a day amore had intended to head out and find her old lair, that amore was captured and brought to another new home (MTC).

While amore might harbor this anger, it doesn't mean that amore can't feel anything else.  Amore is used to being kept away from others, locked in private rooms, or cells, so there is a shyness to amore.  The viciousness that she has is really a defense mechanism, created to keep the hurts in life not so painful.  Of course, it's an empty defense, and amore knows it. 

Amore knows her place before frees, respects it, and adheres to it.  Amore lives for the thrill of a master's leather to kiss her flesh.   Amore is strong in her convictions as a slave and because of that, a strong master's  touch is what molds her perfectly.     

But even a mistress can elicit those feeling of submission too.  A different sort it is, but it's submission nonetheless.  Amore sees them as women who deserve respect for who and what they are.

And ----  amore is not perfect either -smiles-  When amore has made a mistake, she doesn't need sugar coating or private lectures.  Amore is a strong woman and can handle corrections and take her punishments without complaint.  The PKs know that amore has many many many times, endured punishments, or just simply beatings just to remind her of her place.  Many which probably would cause some to faint.  -smiles- 

As for me the typist, I don't need sugarcoating either.  If I've done something wrong in my roleplay, I like to be corrected in roleplay, rather than a whisper in PM.  I'm not ashamed of correction.  Humility and humbleness are a necessary part of a slave's growth.  PM's don't provide that.  Plus, they get convoluted.  Not to mention, I have a hard time talking in PMs and keeping up with roleplay in the room.  I run my browser with as many minimal options as I can to not cause the disturbance that causes painful synapses in my sight. 

In roleplay, while some might see a girl appearing snobbish, perhaps it's really a girl who feels unsure of herself, has been made to feel unsure of herself.  In real life, I'm a shy person (shut up talena), and take a while to get to know someone.  But I don't dislike people.  Once I feel comfortable, I'm really quite friendly. 

Amore is that way too.  Amore is a skilled thief, once owned and trained by one.  Amore has lived mostly among men who are a bit ---- dark.    So, amore knows tricks. -grins- And will share them, in roleplay, lifting an article from an unsuspecting free, only to widen her eyes and "catch" it as it falls from the person's ear, or... "Did you lose this?" with a saucy smile and twinkling eyes.  Or finding some pebbles that make good bina, and rather than giving them to another slave, "finding" it on the girl herself "magically" and plucking it off to hand to her.    That's usually how amore will introduce herself among slaves she doesn't know well.  Gauge their reactions to her.  Amore calls slaves she has not met "kajira" or "kajirus".  Gorean slaves do that.  It's proper.  It's real.   Amore doesn't bounce or giggle.  Never have and never will.  Long, intense training and never allowed to do such.   Another assumption that amore is indifferent to others because of the no-giggle factor.  However, amore does laugh and smile.  Can even crack a joke.  -grins-

Amore is simply adjusting to so many changes in such a short time span.  Abandonment she should be used to.  It was harder still to be captured and collared and brought to a home and abandoned there, left to fend for myself.   A lot of amore's roleplay centered around learning of a strange people she had only heard whispers of.    Rather than have a master to help acclimate, amore was dumped and left alone.  It's not a good feeling.  But the ice in amore was chipped away by a Ubar that cared what happened to her.  It's a first in a very long time amore has felt that.

Rarely does amore bite.  -grins-  Unless commanded. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:25:15 PM by amore {MTC} »

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 10:44:21 PM »
bite, kick, scratch... it is naught good foreplay if it does naught require a trip to the ER!!! ::) ;) :-*

Offline Marylynn

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 11:05:31 AM »
*reads all of this I can't RP here but wishes I had paid more attention to Raziel because without a doubt in all I have seen in places he may well be the best there is or ever has been in roll play.

Often his has brought tears to my eyes in real time. His wrath, well known by many is famous , but it is the grief and empathy he displays when he loses men or there is a lose of life that enriches and adds a magic dimension, that for me anyway shows amazing depth. Words on the screen can fill space or they can paint a picture, not of just actions, but what the writer is wanting to share. When he speaks he teaches, each word has special meaning if one will listen with their heart and just try to be open to the wisdom and insight he offers.

I don't know how to write like that but I know good writing when I see it.

Raziels compassion and empathy, Ragnar's control and authority and devilish humor, the total concentration of Vala and focus on what she does never ceases to amaze me.

The amazing enterplay of all in camp, when a story line is unfolding, is what makes MTC what it truly is. The greatest RP Room on all of Gor. It is just a shame I didn't realize what I had until it was gone.*
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:06:28 PM by Marylynn »

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 10:03:07 AM »
amore, my friend, all i can say is..................... your roleplay inspires me, and i think you're too damn sexy and yep, i'm jealous!  lol... but i won't hate you coz you're beautiful...... makes me want to do better is all it does.....

i think you make a wonderful example of roleplay in action.....

as far as hating you... you bet i do!  ~lol~  we still have our past to uh..... resolve..... ~grins~ can't wait to proceed with that roleplay too! 

~simply talena