Author Topic: Men of and in Tuchuk  (Read 2606 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Men of and in Tuchuk
« on: December 11, 2005, 08:10:19 AM »
please post what this means to you and how it may pertain to your rp.

" ‘Tomorrow,’ I said, ‘you fight on the Plains of a Thousand Stakes.’
‘Yes,’ he said, ‘so tonight I will get drunk.’
‘It would be better,’ I said, ‘to get a good night's sleep.’
‘Yes,’ said Kamchak, ‘but I am Tuchuk--so I will get drunk.’ "
Nomads 111

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Re: Men of and in Tuchuk
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 10:31:21 AM »
Why do you change for the sake of another day?  Be who you are and what is in you to be and live that day as if it was your last.  If you were to worry about everything all the time, you would have your grave reserved.  Meet each day knowing you are true to yourself and who you are.  Able to look in the mirror without any regrets.  You dont have to break the norm of your life because you think it will make a difference.  If you really wanted to change, you would have already done so.  No last minute heroics here.

Celebrate the life you have.  You never know when it will end.  Live each moment as if it was your last.  Live for you, live for honor, live for your family.  If you die, then you die knowing you really lived.

As Tuchuk is my family, and my honor is here, thus is my life.  And I live it as a Tuchuk and happily would die on the morrow because I know I have lived.  I would leave no regrets and live as I do, each day knowing I may not wake up.  My family is my life and I would die to protect it.  I live to see it prosper and live on, I will.  That is who I am.  That is how I rp.  That is Raz

Raz
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 10:35:42 AM by Raziel »

Offline Haldir

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:47:42 PM »
I find what it means to Me .that I will live My life one night and celebrate and if I die on the plains than so be it...but one does live from day to day out on the plains and life is harsh...Haldir will mostly do the same thing..as He always does..also in the other hand...one does not change who He is for one day of battle.or one nights rest,,for it may just be His last..after all as He said"I'm Tuchuk..so I will get drunk"...if I die..then I die..and will have a mighty pyre...and Raz..that's deep...
certainty of death? small chance of success?
what are we waiting for?

Offline LordNecron

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 07:01:48 PM »
The next day for all Tuchucks is in my mind a day of survival as each day is, each night is celebrated that the day had not taken us to the CoD.  I see Tuchucks being strong men, sturdy to physical harm and a celebration of life that lies within us.  A man is a man of his world, though a man is a man untoo himself, he is also a man of his home, one proud of his origins and one who follows it's traditions.  Men's ways is ken to that of wolves where they have their pack, their order, and each their place, but when an elk is killed they all eat in the same order and fasion.  A man who changes who he is for one event, or denies his origins for one thing may perhaps loose himself to it.  I know not how to further speak  on this quote as to me it is pretty much straight to the point of one should be who he is and not be anything different for any other, one should be true to himself.

Offline Faramir

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:27:11 PM »
The Old Man wove the skein of Our lives when We were born,  Our destiny is preordained.  Even so, We know not what tomorrow may hold for Us, good or ill, We can not change it so why change Our habits.  The old addage, 'Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow We die' holds true.  Let Us hurry to meet Our death before someone takes Our place.  The die has been cast, the hand dealt, play it as best You can and live as if each day is Your last.