Author Topic: Victor Watters Found Not Guilty  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Bridget Martin

Victor Watters Found Not Guilty
« on: April 26, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »
Good evening, Bridget Martin, Channel 2 CBS News reporter
April 26, 2006

On Wednesday afternoon I sat in the back row of the courthouse with Lindsay watching the Victor Watters murder trial. Judge Helen Gamble was presiding on the bench, Nelle Porter the prosecutor and Tara Wilson of Crane, Poole and Schmidt for the defense.

The trial lasted almost three hours and the witnesses for the prosecution were pretty convincing regarding the way that volleyball coach treated women, particularly his students. You had to feel for April Storm, who was eight weeks pregnant when she was viciously strangled to death.

But Tara did a good job, hammering away on the fact that there were no real witnesses at the scene of the crime and that they just couldn't prove that Victor was there after midnight when the medical examiner said the death took place.

The jury foreperson was none other than Emily Addison, an attorney that just entered the race for the Bronx council seat against incumbent, Anne Heche. She delivered the verdict of not guilty and Judge Gamble released Mr. Watters.

There are rumors that Watters might lose his coaching job at Columbia after the world has heard about his affairs with his young students. Stay tuned, we'll be following this closely.

Offline Omar

Re: Victor Watters Found Not Guilty
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:53:30 PM »
[[Omar-in-OOC says:

"I can hire him to host pool-party-volleyball, yahoo!"  :P

Cool murder case evolution everyone!  ;) :)

But if Diego Farina finds out what you did with his daughter Vicypoo, I'd have to surmise that it's not going to be a pleasant future that waits for you~  ;D :P]]