Author Topic: We Go.  (Read 3631 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
We Go.
« on: August 28, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

(20:17:57 ) ST

: Tuchuk has been a flury of activity all day. Even now, a short tine before the sun sets the camp is still busy prepairing to head South.

(20:19:06 ) ST

: The teams have been sorted and the wagons are ready. Just before daybreak the bosk will be yoked and harnessed. 

(20:20:57 ) ST

: The sleen cages have been loaded and the commissary packed, as well as the paga wagon and bathing wagons. Outriders tend the herds and slaves tend the herds of verr and tarsk. The makeshift pens have been taken down and loaded onto large freighters for the journey.

(20:22:17 ) ST

: The dung wagons are fully loaded and the supply freighters, what little there is in them, have been secured and await their teams.

(20:27:36 ) ST

: All but a few Clan wagons have been secured. The Cobbler wagon still has several crates of sandals left open on the wagon platform. They are not the custom, unequaled quality all have come to know, but rather generic... for lack of a better term, for those without the funds or the goods to purchase or barter for the finer quality goods. But at least none will have to go without, at least until supplies run out.

(20:32:01 ) ST

: The Warriors make their last moment preperations, checking their gear, tack, and weaponry as well as their mounts from head to claw. A few seek out supplies to replenish what they may be short us... nmely to top off their quivers of arrows.

(20:40:34 )
:::::: Taryn Iona ::::::

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: having gone to check on the bosk one last time, I had gotten word to pass onto either Ubar or the Commander about the status of the heffer and for once it was good news... as I walked through camp, my pale blues were searching here and there for either of them, as I knew this news was important

(20:41:26 ) ST

: Even the Children are busy helping. They polish Father's saddles, oil bows, help their Mothers pack away cooking and relaxation items for the journey. They help with privately owned stock and even help brush the coats of the privately owned bosk.... always under the watchful eye of one or both Parents.

(20:46:12 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan
MTC
O

[ Secondary Locations ]
in/at my wagon
says to ALL
: she slid from under her wagon, a last check of the undercarriage on it as she had finished securing her belongings inside just before she had started on it. as she dusted herself off, she looked around and rolled her neck as she stretched slightly. everything had been settled and the harnesses checked and oiled earlier as well on her wagon so all was in readiness. which was a good thing this time around! she took the bota of water from her wagon porch and took a long drink of it, finishing it off before she tossed it to the kajirae to be taken and refilled

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
Re: We Go.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:36:15 PM »
(20:50:16 ) ST

: RAGNAR is busy wherever he is seen. A million and one questions, reports, details large and small. Already he looks tired and haggard. One might even think once Tuchuk is on the move, the Ubar will actually be able to focus on less matters.

(20:52:27 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: as I walk around camp, I stop to help a few with getting their wagons ready, though as I got close to my own wagon lot, I saw a clump of thralls hiding under a wagon, two laying down as the others were taking turns pouring water over their heads... Storming over, I get close to the platform and the closest thrall and without a sound or thought, I kick my right booted foot out and under the wagon platform, hitting the soon to be skinned alive thrall in the top of his head, and then I drop down and grab another with my right hand, by his long hair and yank him backwards toward me, my voice hard as stone get out from under there now, or I will skin all of you where you sit and lay

(20:54:13 ) ST

: The Watch Commander searches the main area calling Mercilayne's name.

(20:55:59 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: she moved from her wagon's area, intent on heading toward the main camp then the clan wagon to ensure it was all ready as well for migration as we seem to be on the move in the morning. which will be good for us all. she moved from there into the main camp area. seeing a very tired looking Ubar. having a feeling that his work was just starting as during Migration he would be just as jammed up as he was now. she snagged a kajirae and sent her after a fresh bota of cool water to take to the Ubar as he seemed to need it then paused and canted her head as she heard Tayrn's voice. she turend til she found the area that it was coming from and curiousity alone propelled her to go in that direction

(20:56:03 ) ST

: Most of the thralls Taryn admonishes take off running to get back to work. The one whose haor she has grumbles as it is pulled.

(20:56:33 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: and she gets stopped about that time and blinks, hearig her name called..least it wans't yelled Coming!! she turned once more and started toward the Watch Commander

(20:57:10 ) ST

: The girl takes off to get Ubar some water as commanded by Merci.

(20:58:58 ) ST

: The Watch Commander walks towards Mercilayne and meets her about halfway. "Mercilayne of the Vintners Clan... Orders from the Ubar. You are now the Vintner Clan Elder. Arlon remains of the Clan but is relieved of duty as the Elder. Take over and good luck!"

(20:59:39 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: yanking harder on his hair I growl at him before I spoke again, my voice still hard as stone I know what the lot of you look like and if I see even one of you sitting back and relaxing while the rest of the camp is working, I will see to it that you spend half of migration chained to the back of a wagon, and the chain will be 3 feet long.. without waiting for a response, I push him away from me and back to work not wanting to see him in my line of sight for sometime, as I wasn't sure if I would be as kind as I was right at this moment

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »
(21:02:30 ) ST

: The thrall Taryn dealt with grumbles as he walks away to tend to his duties.

(21:04:35 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: and and.......she stopped dead and blinked at the watch commander. sure for a couple ihn she had heard wrong, but the look on his face showed that the Watch Commander was rather serious. she blinked a few times and had to work her jaw once before she could speak yes Commander.. And thank you. she thinks! she just yep... that wasn't expected in anyform or fashion

(21:06:59 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: as I came around to the main area of camp, I saw Ubar being bombarded with dozens of people, and I saw the look on his face, then I saw the Watch Commander talking with Merci, and that is the direction I head, to give the news to the Commander, so he could pass the information on to the Ubar at a later time

(21:11:46 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to :::::: Taryn Iona ::::::
: she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would see the look on her face once you came close enough to them to speak with the Watch Commander. her features were arranged in a shocked look and she was in all honesty! she saw your movmeent and nodded to you, trying to get her features back into a semblence of order a she gave you a quick grin Tal Tayrn.

(21:15:09 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to Mercilayne Vintner Clan
: as I got close to you I noticed the look on your face, quickening my steps I got to you a bit more quicker Evening Sis, you have enough water with you? because you look like you are about to pass out... my brow crinkles a bit as I get worried about you

(21:18:46 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: I just finished a bota and was on my way to the Clan Wagon when the Commander stopped me. no the passing out is from shock, nothing more. I just recieved orders from the Ubar to take over as Clan Elder and I'm really..Yeah it's shock is all. Didn't mean to worry you. she ran a hand over her features quickly Is all well with you, I heard your voice threating to skin someone alive..

(21:20:00 ) ST

: RAGNAR drinks the bota of water sent to him greatfully. He was actually going hoarse from all the talking he has been doing.

(21:24:19 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: as you explain the reason for the way you look, my worried look shifts to one of happiness Oh sister, what wonderful news... you deserve it, as you have been working very hard on getting that clan back up and running and no worries about worrying me, the reason for your shocked look was from good news, not bad.. smiles and I step forward and give you a giant huggle, then pull back and laugh, as I turn to see if the Watch Commander had a moment or two for a message from me to the Ubar

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »
(21:27:36 ) ST

: Flatbed wagons aredrawn through the entire camp. As they move through the rows, people place upon them items they no longer need or no longer wish to haul across the plains. Packing crates and chests, Old weaponry, shields, old saddles, crates of empty bottles, and other assorted goods. If someone needs something, they may take it. If they do not need it, they give it away. In this way, Tuchuk helps Tuchuk.

(21:30:05 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: she watched the look on your features shift from concern to happiness then she got enveloped in a huge huggle, which she returned with a low laugh Thank you Taryn.. for once she wasn't sure exactly what to say or how to say it, so she was at a loss for words, something she seldom is. it would take a while to settle into her mind on it. she smiled still as you turned to the Watch commander to get him to deliver a message. noting that the kajirae had delivered the water and the Ubar had drunk.. he was one that we didn't need falling over

(21:31:57 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ST
: as I turn away from Merci I watch the flatbed wagons going through camp, I had sent george and alexis with several trips of things to add to them of things I no longer had a use for, then turning back to Merci

(21:32:59 ) ST

: The Watch Commander approaches Taryn to inquire as to the readiness of the med wagons.

(21:33:19 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: Sis, I have a favor to ask of you, if you are able to do this, I would appreciate it, if not, then no worries, I will get the information to Ubar before we head out... I needed to go check on a few things in the medical wagon, then my own wagons before I went to my wagon to grab a few ahn of sleep, or else I would be of no use in the coming days

(21:33:46 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: never mind sis... turns to the Watch Commander

(21:37:58 ) ST

: A Woman orders a thrall onto the flatbed. She is tired of feeding him and has no wish to deal with a sale. Any who want him may have him. He sits down dangling his legs off the platform with a beleagured look on his face.

(21:39:14 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ST
: I formed the words in my head first then spoke them The medical and surgical wagons of both the inner circle and outer circle wagons are ready, I only need to check on a few things to make sure things are fully set before we head out.. I go quiet as I run through a few things in my head for a moment then continue, a slight smile on my face but we were able to get some last ihn things at the point, so we are set in things we will more than likely be in need of, as well as a jar of powder for the Outriders and ASKARI will be given out before we head out, it's to help with the heat rash that some of the men have been dealing with, and if that doesn't help and it's worse than originally thought, come see either me or Amber and we will give you some salve that will take care of anything more severe.. nods a few times as I go back over the list in my head of things that I need to tell either him or Ubar, then I remember one last thing Ubar's heffer bosk will be able to pull the wagon this migration, she has healed well and there were no adverse effects of her punctured stomach... she is eating well and is more than ready to get out of here and on the way to cooler lands... 

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:41:13 PM »
(21:42:29 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: she can't help but chuckle as you said to nevermind. she would have carried the message had you wanted her to, but the Commander had returned to ask you of something. and you ended up able to give him the message of the bosk that had been injured as well. she wasn't really listening just then, only with half of an ear as she noted the Woman who had tossed the thrall into the flatbed. her head canted for a ihn and she excsued herself quietly and moved over to the flatbed. 

(21:42:37 ) ST

: The Commander makes note of all Taryn reports. He smiles at the news of the Ubar's bosk. He does offer a hint to check the Outriders that just returned from the field. They have been out for 30 days and all of them are walking funny. So they may already be well beyond the powder remedy. After treating a hundred of them there will likely me much less to pack for the journey.

(21:47:05 )

Taryn Iona
Senior Healer
OOO
MTC

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ST
: nodding as I head about those who have been out for a long period of time, I make a note to have alexis and george to round them up and bring them to the medical wagon so we could treat them now, so they could something substantial to eat and then get some much needed sleep I will have them brought to the medical wagon to be tended to, and thank you for letting me know.. 

(21:48:21 ) ST

: The Commander knods, smiles, and heads back to relay the reports to the Ubar.

(21:52:28 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: she asked the driver to halt a second as she motioned the thrall down from it. he gave her a look and scrambled down. at least she hoped it wasn't one that had been yelled at by Taryn a few ehns ago. as he slid from the wagon to her feet, she pulled his head up and inspected him carefully, looking over his form as she left him at her feet and slowly walkd around him, looking him over for signs of weakness or sickness as well as marks. finding none and he seemed to be in good health. which she can't complain of. and she had need of a thrall, but to help with keeping her own wagon as well as clan work

(21:54:29 ) ST

: The younger Children slowly begin to vanish. They are dead tired and are seeking their sleep. The Older Children are fading fast and will also soon be seeking sleep. There is still a great deal of activity taking place, and mostly it is Men and slaves still at work as Mothers tell their Children stories and tales of migrations past. Some single Women are also still at work since they have no Man to tend their needs.

(22:02:58 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
: she came back to stand infront of him once more and spoke simply. having noted that most of the children were up and heading to bed as well as a lot of the women. she would be one of those that worked well into the night as she had no one to tend to and her own wagon was in readyiness for migration. it left only the clan wagon to be checked over once more I have need of a thrall.. You will tend to my own wagon as well as help with the Clan wagon as needed.. she saw no reason to threaten or anyting else as she motioned for him to stand up Are you ready to get to the work? at his nod she sent him for a bota of water for himself as he would be working thru the night as well.. and inquired of his name that he was called. jayant.. very well, once ore she saw no reason to change the name of the thrall as she watched him leave off quickly to get a bota of water then report to the Clan wagon

(22:13:23 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Main Locations ]
in the main camp area
says to ALL
: she gave herself a mental shake and turned to walk to the clan wagon. skriting past the Warriors who were still preparing as well as the kajirae and thralls that were working intot he night as well. her steps carried her past the wagons and out of the main camp area, down toward Clan Wagon Row. she moved down it quietly, half in her own thoughts as she wasn't sure just how well that the Clan would take to the new appointments, remembering Sara's words of sme of the clan grumbling about such a young person being in charge, she expected the same. and would deal with it as it came up. 

(22:15:20 ) ST

: The springs around camp are very low. So much water has been drawn they will take time to refill.

(22:18:32 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

in/at the Vintner Clan Wagon
says to ALL
: just hopefully it didn't come up too much either. she moved the short pace down the Row and came upon the Clan wagon. her steps taking her up the stairs to the Clan wagon and onto the porch where the last of the harnesses were being doublechecked once more. it looked in order and in the morning in the better light she would take a last look over the undercarriage of the wagon. pushing the flap aside, she stepped in. moving to grab a bota of water from the hooks where they had taken to keepign them in this heat as she took a long draw from it. she took the older ones of the clan that were in there just now over to the side to speak to them even as the others were moving around, going over and finishing last minute preperations

(22:28:59 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

says to ALL
: of course relaying the orders from the Ubar came with some grumbles from the men, but she just gave a quick shrug and an even qucker answer If you have a problem with it,take it up with the Ubar, he's not hard to find, just look for the large group of people and a very annoyed very tall man in the middle of it. some reason that alone caused them to hush with their complaints quickly though. out of them all, teh oldest of them, Stark, was still complaining even on her words, insisting that there was some mistake on it. after about the 3rd time of hearing it she finally gave up and growled right back that he needed to simply suck it up and deal with it. she turned then as the jayant came into the clan wagon as she moved over to him to get him accustomed to this particular wagon she put him with one ofthe more experienced thralls here and sent them both on their way to doublecheck and look over things as wel as to show jayant where things were

(22:29:02 ) ST

: Ubar's kaiila are brought around one at a time and chained to the rear of the wagon platform. They look to be in fine shape. Their coats brushed glossy, claws and teeth well tended. Two always saddled and tacked out in case f need. Even BERAT is ready to go, his hooves shines and coat brushed to a sheen that reflects the torchlight. His gold ring and other adornments shine in the firelight. His horns polished, reflecting the light.

(22:31:19 ) ST

: A Warrior on watch, spoken to by the Watch Commander peers in through the doorway of the Vintners wagon... a precaution of sorts just in case. He smiles and slips away seeing Mercilayne has matters under control.

(22:36:15 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

says to ALL
: she caught site of the Warrior that had peeked his head in and gave a sharp whistle to get his attention. when he poked his head back inside, she handed him 3 botas Larma juice, as cool as we can get it just now. Give one to the Ubar to keep his temper down, the second to your Watch commander, and the other is yours. Thank you. she appreciated the Commander sending someone to check on her as she turned then, hearing her name called by someone else farther inside of the wagon. she moved back into the wagon, seeing one of the women near the far wall where the mallets and things were hung, a few of them had been rearranged and one missing. word had spread quickly it seemed, not sureif that was a good thing or not as she set the Woman and a couple of slaves to be looking for it, it could not have gone too far

(22:36:26 ) ST

: A Vintner walks into the clan wagon with a crate of empty bottles salvaged from the discard wagon. Setting the crate down and walking back out to see what else he might find.

(22:38:53 ) ST

: The Warrior accepts the gofts greatfully and heads off to locate the Ubar and Watch Commander.

(22:41:24 ) ST

: At first light, the Tuchuk standard and lanterns will be packed for the move. All of the torches and oil lamps will also be gathered and packed. It is in Ubar's mind to begin the journey come the morrow.

(22:42:45 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

says to ALL
: under the direction of the other thrall, jayant takes the crate of bottle and goes to wash them to put them into storage for now until Migration is over with and production could be resumed once more. it wasn't long til the mallet had been found by the searchers as it had fallen and kicked up under one ofthe benches. it was retrieved and once more they were all secured in their places, none of us wanting to have to clean up if the hammers got lose during migration. a few approached to see fi there was anything else as they had to finish up in thier own wagons. she shook her head as she let them go. making a mental note of her own to get her kaiila from the pens and to her own wagon before she sleeps this night

(22:46:40 ) ST

: RAGNAR accepts the gift from Merci, and dismisses the crowd for a few moments. He crosses his legs and sits down Tuchuk fashion and drinks the larma juice slowly, savoring his weakness for that particular drink. Even during the few moments of respite, he still sorts details in his mind.

(22:51:20 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

says to ALL
: she made a slow, deliberate round of the wagon once more. checking the securing onthe larger vats as wlel as the crates and varied barrels. all was secure and for now there was nothing else to do besides keep watch to ensure that none snuck in before or during the migration to try to sneak the alcohol for their own drinks. it wasn't needed just now and would do more harm than good. she took another drink of the water from the bota at her side and slipped outside onto the porch. pausing to speak with a couple of the Women there for a few ehns that were finishing up the harnesses. noting that the bosks responsible for the wagon were in readiness as well, what she could see from the wagn porch at least as she looked up at the skies for just a couple of ihns before her gaze returned to the camp

(22:59:10 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

on the pathway of Clan Wagon row
says to ALL
: she rubbed teh back of her neck, both dreading and looking foward to this migration. they all offered hazards and excitment. and after a while, cooler weather at least! a second long drink from the bota as she made sure that everything was in order in the Clan wagon and she knew that the others knew her wagon and to come find her should anythign hahppen as she gathered jayant and went down the stairs to head down the row toward her own wagon at the end of the camp. she would get him aquainted with it then go retrieve her kaiila,w hich she had finally named after so long

(23:01:18 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Sleen Breeder/Trainer Clan Elder
Elder Woman
OOOO
: has been sighted rounding the sleen pens and heading down the path toward the main fire....

(23:03:10 ) ST

: Jayant follows his new Mistress, his eyes looking her over from head to toe. Really easy to look at. His last Mistress was an old dour Woman with no sense of humor at all... and built like an old bosk heffer. No doubt a beauty in her day, but he felt that day came and went long ago. Now he has a new Mistress. He is unsure how it will end up, but for now all seemed well enough.

(23:03:12 ) Serinna Nightblade : has been sighted...

(23:07:39 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: I stop and rub my back as I stretch....then continue down the path. The wheels are on the sleen cages and they are ready to go......

(23:12:13 )

Mercilayne
Vintner Clan Elder
MTC
O

[ Secondary Locations ]
in/at my wagon
says to ALL
: she came to the endof the Row and skirted the wagons and the quickly moving people as she made her way to her own wagon. feeling jayant's eyes on her form, but she let it go for now as she knew that this would all be new to him and a change. she went up the stairs to her own wagon and let him get his bearings here in it as wel as what and where her things were. she wasn't one to gather a lot so she didn't have a lot of things the wagon, but it was enough for her. which til now there was no one else. she left him there and vanished into the camp to retrieve her kaiila and return then to her wagon

(23:13:54 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: finally passing the main fire and arriving at my wagon, I trudge up the steps as I eye the water barrels lashed to the porch railing....I walk over to the barrels and pop each top. Each barrel is full, so the tops are replaced securely and the lashings are checked....We will be needing all the water we can carry....

(23:23:54 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: I step inside the wagon and immediately turn to the right....another barrel is lashed to the inside frame....I pull on the ropes to make sure they are tight....There is no need to open this one...It contains jerky for the trip...I supervised to placing of the pungent strips of meat myself. There should be plenty for the entire trip....

(23:27:58 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: looking against the wall, I note the clothing trunks that are also lashed to the wagon frame...there are plenty of garments for Me and for the slaves....I lean down and pull on the ropes....There is very little give. They will hold well until we stop the first time and can be checked again....

(23:32:22 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: the temperature in the wagon is sweltering...raising my arm, I wipe the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand....Leaning and reaching over the trunks, I pull open the window flaps to allow what little breeze there is to slip through the windows and hopefully make the heat more bearable....

(23:33:49 ) ST

: The camp is mostly quiet now. There are still some working, making ready here and there, but most have retired for some sleep before an extremely hard period of time begins.

(23:35:44 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: once more exiting the wagon, I make my way down several of the steps and settle onto one of them, using the one above as a back rest....I stretch my legs out and yawn....

(23:37:04 ) ST

: The natural springs are still refilling. By morning they will once again be filled and the filling of barrels and casks will begin once again.

(23:39:46 )

NightStorm
MTC Council
Elder Woman
OOOO
: the night before migration begins usually means restless sleep....taking in a deep breath, I peer deeply into the darkness beyond the lights that dot the outer circle.....the shadows dance as the light and darkness play tricks on my vision....Even then, the plains are strangely comforting....

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »
Entry One

RAGNAR

Migration began as well as expected. Dust had become an issue due to the dry spell we have been enduring. The camp broke up according to plan and the wagons now encircle the empty campsite with the lead wagons pointed Southerly.

Flatbed wagons carrying the watering troughs will return to the springs around the empty encampment and fill them with water and return to the column. First the stock will be watered, then the people may share the remaining water to at least rinse their faces and wring out their dust scarves. It is not recommended to drink what is used to rinse with... but... to each their own. The trough wagons will run until just before daybreak.

Check the wagons well and make sure the axles are properly greased. Secure any loose loads and rest when able. Tomorrow the real challenge begins.

End report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
Entry Two

RAGNAR

The wagons moved on just past nightfall. Aside from the heat and dust the going as not been bad thus far. I would say for the most part... uneventful. Uneventful is good. But care must be taken not to slip into carelessness or security into mediocrity.

The wagons travelled through the night, stopping shortly before daybreak to tend the stock and perform whatever chores were needed before the heat of the day came on. Take refuge beneath the wagons whenever possible for shade. Inside the wagons the heat can build up and dehydrate without much warning.

We are halted in the short grass close to the edge of our territory limits. Come the morrow we will cross into open range. Additional Outriders will be needed for security while maintaining the current security around the wagons.

Rest as much as duty will allow. Now is when migration gets rough.

End Report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »
Entry Three

RAGNAR

Our journey continued though at a much slower pace due to an increase in temperature during the day. The heat dropped very lil during the night making the stock and us more sluggish. A short halt was called in order to water the stock. A less than full ration was issued to the teams. Enough to keep them going yet not enough to cause performance issues. Once the stock was tended the wagons continued onward once again.

In the short grazed grasses, the remains of a Warrior were recovered. From the markings on his quiva, it was a Kataii. Not much left really. Bones and the remnants of a rusty quiva in the tatters of a sash and unusable attire. All that was salvageable was his helmet, spurs, and a single quiva. The skull was damaged in the facial area, but it is impossible to say if the damage was the cause of death or if it was done by grazing bosk after his death. Out of respect for a Warrior the bones were gathered and placed in a sack to be stowed in the medical wagon until they may be burned or returned to any Kataii we come across. I would surmise the facial damage happened prior to his death as his mount nor tack was in the area... nor was there any arrows, or quiva found in the remains as one may find after the decomposing process. I believe he was wounded or injured elsewhere and this is where he finally fell from his saddle.

A close watch need be kept on our water supply. I have no doubt the small river we will cross on the morrow will be nothing more than a dry bed. The herds are doing well. It is the team bosk I am mostly concerned with as they are exerting more energy at work than when just moving.

We should reach tall grass on the next leg of our journey. At least this should help cut the dust compared to the grazed short grasses we have been dealing with.

Tend the stock and one grass freighter will be opened so the bosk may graze on cut grasses since we are in a grazed area. Be sure to check the axle grease as dust can build up and act like abrasive. Check harnessing well as the leather has soaked up a great deal of sweat and may be stretching. Adjust as needed.

Daybreak is not too far off now and I have turned the Watch over to Raziel so I may at least try to rinse the dust from my eyes and hydrate, and walk around to get my blood flowing again and give my ass a break from the saddle. At first light I shall relieve my True so he may do likewise.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
Entry Four

RAGNAR

The wagons are just about right where I expect them to be at this leg of our journey. We got out of the grazed area and crossed what is usually a small river, but is currently a bone dry gully. We have entered tall grass again and the stock are able to graze and the dust should be lessened.

I caught wind of several Outriders being tended by Taryn, with assistance of Sarant and Mercilayne for eye problems due to the dust. They were Outriding with the herd and were out of water. Unable to rinse their eyes it seems it has impaired their ability to remain on active duty. I expect a Healer's Report at any time regarding their condition and treatment. I have dispatched a small flatbed wagon and two large water barrels to the herd to replenish the Warrior's supply and to allow them to at least rinse their eyes and faces. The water is not to be wasted on actual bathing.

Under the current conditions, I am forced to order a water restriction in order to preserve our water supply. With some luck we may find a few isolated natural springs along our line of march. They are small but should at least offer some degree of fresh cool water for the medical wagons useage. When we cross the River of Tears. I do hope to find it flowing well. We shall know soon enough.

Please use the barest minimum of water. If you bosk or verr are still giving milk, use this when possible in place of water. If you do have rinse water, reuse it. Do not discard it.

Rest and conserve your strength during the day and try to remain in the shade beneath your wagons if not on duty. Complete chores and needed work in the dark if possible when stopped or in the early morn before the heat builds.

Use your heads. Think smart, stay alive and functional.

We shall hopefully be able to move out again just before nightfall.

End Report.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 03:36:55 PM »
== Healer Report ==

Taryn Iona

All of the Outriders who came back to the wagon column last evening were tended to by myself, Merci, Boris and a few other healers. Using a few bottles of saline solution and tubing, we were able to rinse the dirt encrusted eyes clear, only a small handful who had corneal abrasions, in normal terms it means that the injury was to clear dome-shaped surface that covers the front of the eye, caused by them trying to rub the dried dirt from their eyes. While a handful of others were placed on IVs to rehydrate them when it was determined that it would take more than just water or fluids to do so. They will more than likely be able to leave the medical wagon this night, after I do my rounds and check on their progress.

As water is being rationed at this time, I have the bottles of juice that were made just before migration started by Merci in my possession, which I will be watering down the juices that we have remaining. I also will be giving out milk from my own bosk to those with children who might be in need of extra.

The food supply is also being rationed as much as possible, the only thing we have on hand is the very last of the vegetables, fruit salad, which was made up last night, but will be handed out quickly as fruit will not last long without being chilled or cooled in some way. I am also slicing up the meat we have into thin slices and handing out in 3 to 4 slices per serving, it is not seasoned.

I do not want to see anyone eating any jerky, as it is made with a lot of salt, which will cause you to want to drink more water, and with that being rationed, you will find yourself as a guest in the medical wagon for heat exhaustion or worse. This afternoon I am making up pouches of 3 pieces of peppermint candy, I am also going to place a limit to how many can be eaten during the night time hours, that I will explain when I hand them out.

== End of Report ==

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »
Entry Five

RAGNAR

The wagons have stopped on the Northern side of the River of Tears. The river contains running water, but far less than I had hoped. I suppose I should be grateful though for good omens that there is water at all. The river has been reduced to roughly fifteen gorean feet give or take and on average about a gorean foot to a foot and a half deep. Some spots are more shallow as some are deeper, but nowhere near what I had hoped for. The herd is on the South side and is making the best of the water downriver of the wagons.

Water the stock. Limit them at first before allowing them to drink their fill. We need no downed stock at this time.

I am not happy at the resupply done at The Point. Given the situation additional barrels and casks for water should have been obtained. They were not. Additional food stores should have been obtained and they were not. Forsight for this migration was all but missing.

I am undecided if we will press onward or remain here another day and allow the stock as well as my family to rest, make the best of the water situation, and make ready for the next push. I will know when I know.

I, as well as i am sure the Healers, will recommend bathing while we can. Even if soap and other finery's are missing, a good washing will go far to maintain health, morale, and overall comfort. Just do so downriver of the wagons and where our wagon stock are. Any soap used, and anything washed from the body will be long dissipated before reaching where the herd is located.

I have commanded twenty bosk be slaughtered and are cooking for consumption. Do note, this is not meant to feed the vast numbers of all of Tuchuk. It is supplement to whatever remaining food stores people have, and to feed those who have run out. I have additional bosk on standby should they be needed. None will go hungry. Everyone will eat now while we have water and minimal comforts.

Healers... if you need water for medical purposes, I have already arranged for water to be boiling in large cauldrons at the cookfires.

Tuchuk... use care in the river. Many items are left visible, but where the water is are still dangers. Bear in mind the loss of goods, equipment, and life during crossings. If you happen upon physical remains, please place them in a clean sack and submit them to a Healer for safekeeping. Anything else discovered falls under the heading of "finders keepers".

I have dispatched Scout Patrols ahead to bring me back information as to what may lie ahead for us. As yet they have not returned.

I have secured a spoon, and have opened a salt wagon. While we are at water, each person, slaves included, will be issued one spoonful of salt to help replace what their bodies may have lost. Use it sparingly, but use it.

For now, enjoy what conforts we do have. We still have a long way to go.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 05:45:03 AM »
Entry Six

RAGNAR

I decided to remain at the RoT for a time to allow the stock to rehydrate and graze. Though it cost us time, it has helped in the areas of health and morale.

My Scout Patrols have returned and given their reports. I still ponder if the news is good or bad. Time will tell.

Prepare to move on. Double double check the wagons, harness the teams and carry as much water s possible. There has been plenty of bosk cooked, so pack any leftovers to be consumed along the way.

If you have not bathed... do so. Some of you smell worse than the ass of a dead rotting tharlarion.

Once the work has been seen to, relax and wait for the command to move out. Remain in the shade and pay close attention to the young.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 09:57:01 PM »
Entry Seven

RAGNAR

Tuchuk made the crossing of the Rot without any true serious problems. It took most of the night and as I make this entry I can see the sun slowly starting to show itself.

Tuchuk has stopped on the Southern side. Repairs must be made and wheels checked closely. Looking back over the river bed I can see leather wheel wraps, lots of splintered wood from wheels, a set of steps someone will be looking for soon. Check the wagons over closely. We do not need wagons to be breaking down due to damage left unchecked.

Tend the stock well and inspect all hooves and paws. The rocks and gravel bed can cause injury as well as swelling from strains and sprains. Inspect the harnesses and yokes. They were placed under great strain moving up the Southern bank.

When all has been seen to, rest, hydrate, and stay in the shade during the heat of the day. Since none of the smaller stock was lost during the crossing, 100 tarsk may be slaughtered and cooked to supplement food supplies.

I hope to move again before nightfall to get a jump on the next leg of our journey.

I have sent Scouting patrols ahead to report back their findings.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »
Entry Eight

RAGNAR

(Not feeling so hot this night, so make the role play match the log entry.)

Tuchuk began moving well before nightfall in order to be sure all repairs are done well. Thus far all is well.

The Scouts have returned, and one Or relayed information to me that I must see for myself. I have ridden ahead with the Or to look over the situation. While I am away refer to the Ranking Commander available on duty.

The heat was not as bad this day. This tells me we are slowly moving below the belt of the worst heat and soon will enjoy normal temperatures for us. I soon hope the dry spell soon becomes a thing of the past as well.

I shall return by mid morning along with the Or and will make plans accordingly.

The wagons may take a short break halfway through the night if needed to rest the stock and dispense some of the water stores to them. Use sparingly for it is unknown just how long the water we carry may have to last. The wagons should find a good grassy area to stop before daybreak. Tend the stock and recheck repairs. Then rest, eat, hydrate, and hold fast until my return or unless cause arises that the Watch Commander deems it necessary to move.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »
Entry Nine

Cassius

Ubar has not yet returned.

I have the watch after relieving Terran so he could get some much needed rest.

The wagons have entered the rocky broken ground area and are advancing at a slower rate. This is necessary to try to avoid needless damage to wagons and injury to the stock. I will periodically pause to rest, hydrate the stock, and move on again in order to make up lost ground due to the slower pace. Tuchuk must keep moving due to short supplies.

The Hunter Clan is short one thrall... reportedly dead. I await a supplemental entry from Sarant to shed more light on the matter.

Maintain the usual general orders.

End Report