Author Topic: We Go.  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Terran

Re: We Go.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 08:03:35 PM »
Entry Ten

Terran

I took watch after relieving Cassius this evening.

With still no word from Ubar or the Scouting Party, the order was given for the wagons to move again just after nightfall. With only small stops to hydrate and repair, it has made for a long day. Man, Woman, animal...everyone was worn out but in order to get through this rough patch, we have to continue to move forward.

The herd bosk had taken it upon themselves to not move when the column began to move out, which caused problems of their own. The herd bosk, at one point, began to mingle with the column to the movement was halted in order to cut the herd from the column. The herd being there was not only dangerous, but it also was taunting the team bosk.

The problems with the herd caused us to lose some time, but we should be out of this barren terrain and settled onto more hospitable ground by daybreak.

Once on better ground, we rest hydrate and make sure the bosk get the grasses they need. 100 bosk have been set aside to suppliment food supplies. Fifty will be cooked and the othe fifty set aside if they are needed.

Maintain general orders.

*End Report*
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one just some are louder than others.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 11:11:22 PM »
Entry Eleven

Cassius

The wagons were unable to cover much ground this night. After consulting with Raziel and Terran, it was decided to halt, allow the bosk to graze in place, and for half the remaining water supply to be given to the team bosk. They need the water badly. They will be unable to gain the amount needed from the grasses.

Ubar has not yet returned, nor has any of the Scouts that went with him. Until we know otherwise, no news is good news.

With luck the next watering will hold fresh, clean, cool water. If not, then more drastic measures will have to be taken.

Any tarsk appearing to be unable to continue for another day or two will be slaughtered for consumption.

Any verr appearing to be unable to continue will be fed to the kaiila.

Collect the blood from slaughtering in a proficient manner and it is to be given to the sleen.

The herd bosk will wish to drink as well. Double the Outriders to contain them and prevent them from entering the wagon column. The herd bosk have not expended the energy the teams have and can maintain on grazing.

Check the wagons and all gear at first light. Wear is making itself known on some of the older wagons and harnessing.

End Report

***NOTE... When we begin Saturday night we will role play migration during daylight hours instead of night.***

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
Entry Twelve

RAGNAR

Where to even begin?

The Scouting patrol proved advantageous. We pinpointed the location of the Paravaci's Northernmost herd South of the column's position. They are well rested, and in good condition. Tuchuk must now alter course heading due West to reach good water. This will unfortunately add an additional long day to our travels to reach Turia. There was no choice in the matter. An extra day is better than risking all.

The Commanders were briefed upon my return and general orders issued.

The course change forced Tuchuk to take a long upgrade. Not steep, but long that will weigh heavy on the teams. Roughly halfway up the grade one of Taryn's wagons lost a wheel causing a shift in the wagon platform. There is no way of knowing exactly what transpired inside the wagon, but within moments the wagon was ablaze sending dark smoke high into the air. If none knew where Tuchuk was, they certainly do now. The wheel rolled down the grade as did several empty water barrels. Resulting damage from the rolling debris was thankfully minimal. The bosk team was freed from the wagon and aside from being singed they are well.

Tuchuk scrambled to clear an area around the burning wagon to avoid the fire spreading to other wagons. Sod was cleared to create a fire break around the wagon to also contain the fire. Out of concern the wagon could begin a backwards roll down the grade, axes and spades were put to use to create the firebreak and to render the remaining wheels inoperable. This was accomplished.

There were casualties. I have not received a detailed Healers report but such will be forthcoming as time permits. It seems Tomar was badly burned, many suffered from smoke inhalation and blistering and burns. A dozen thralls were put down by Mercilayne and others having been deemed too badly injured to waste valuable medical supplies on when needed by the free. Most injuries were superficial thankfully, and preliminary verbal reports lead me to believe no more than ten or fifteen free are under immediate Healers care for anything serious.

By the time the flames were dying down and order restored it was approaching nightfall. Tuchuk remained in place to tend the injured, inspect and repair any damage and tend the stock.

Do remember to block the wagon wheels on the grade. We do not need anymore losses.

A bakers dozen bosk and four kaiila fully tacked were brough home from my patrol... having relieved some Kataii of their burden of rounding up some of their herd stragglers. The kaiila will be given to any in need as the Scouts all agreed to forgo their usual share of spoils. The bosk will be slaughtered for food before our Tuchuk bosk. The Scouts have agreed to accept the hides of the bosk as spoils, and adding the horns, hooves, bones, and nose rings to Tuchuk stores.

My goal for the day is simple. Doublecheck the teams and wagons... make it over the grade and down the other side. We can halt on the flats and rest, eat, and recover before the push to the river. I am not thrilled with losing travel time due to the incident on the upgrade, but it is something we must accept.

It has been reported to me there is nothing left in our food stores save for our beasts, some salt, and pepper. Water is at a premium and the remaining juices have been cut with water to make them go further.

Maintain discipline and do what must be done. We will reach water soon, and will then push on to Turia for resupply. I know it will not be easy, but I am confident we will succeed.

End Report

** Again, when role play resumes we will be using daylight hours instead of night.**

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »
Entry Thirteen

Soong

The wagons continued up the slope and then down the other side without further incident.

The teams are exhausted after the grueling pull followed by the negative holdback down the other slope to the flats. Ubar found it best to stop and rest and tend the stock even though there was still some light yet to travel by. I disagree with his thinking, but I follow my orders. Hopefully the extra time of rest will do us all good even though water is an issue.

Taryn's slave stupid, was living up to his name. Raziel commanded him to walk behind his wagon until time permitted for him to "skin him alive" as Taryn has requested.

I would imagine by now Salem and his Unit have reached the river and have secured it for our use. I cannot help but think of how nice cool clear water tastes, feels, and even sounds. They are either engaged in defensing the ground they hold or they are enjoying the water and all it provides.

Healer's report from the fire is still pending.

Ubar is spending the night with his lead bosk BERAT. He is giving the great old bull his personal attention. The old bull is not doing well this migration. His age is really showing. BERAT is the epitome of a Male of the Plains in my estimation. His heart and spirit is one of youth and determination, but there comes a time when the body has had enough. As it is with the Mother of Tuchuk, so it is with us all. I will keep watch over Ubar, as he has refrained from using any water for himself, instead giving it to his bull. Never before have I witnessed BERAT lay down in harness... until now. There is still hope as the bull still eats and drinks. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day after a good rest.

Maintain the usual general orders and at daybreak make ready to move.

End Report.

** Again, when role play resumes we will be using daylight hours instead of night.**

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 12:24:02 AM »
Entry Fourteen

RAGNAR

We have reached the river held by Salem and his unit. I was informed Sarant's kaiila severely injured a thrall and Mercilayne finished him off. I think Mercilayne enjoys that aspect of life. She is certainly a spontaneous Woman.

Nothing of import transpired along the way to the river.

BERAT seems much better after rest and the intake of what water I had left and some fresh green grass. I am greatly relieved at this improvement. Still... he will warrant watching until I am comfortable with his health.

Water and tend the stock well. Though the water level is not what it normally is, there is plenty for all of our needs and then some. Tend the stock downriver from the wagons, and bathe downriver from where the stock drink. I have assigned additional Units for security. Being located on the flats we are in plain view for pasangs. The upside of this is anyone approaching is also visible for pasangs.

I feel it best we remain at the river until the stock is fully rehydrated and rested. This should be reasonably accomplished in a day... two at the very most. Bathe the bosk and check closely for any wear, abrasions, or injuries from yokes, harness, or terrain on hooves. Keep your teams together but allow they to graze in the vicinity of your wagon. Should the need arise to move quickly, I have no desire to be slowed down by having to round up the teams.

I wish to allow the kaiila to hunt, but it does present a problem. All riding kaiila will retain one mount to be fed in the wagons. Others may be sent to hunt upriver of our position. Check over mounts well to ensure good health.

I believe it is safe to once again to thin the tarsk and verr from our herds. Those not in the best shape, all things considered, will be slaughtered to feed the innards to the sleen and the rest to those kaiila remaining in the wagons.

Wash all water containers and refill them. We should be fine now but I wish to take no chances.

Tend to the wagons and make sure they are in good enough shape to reach Turia. There, as usual, they can be repaired and made right for another season.

There is more than enough water to bathe and wash clothing. USE IT!!!

I have had 100 bosk culled from the herd to be slaughtered to help feed Tuchuk. Their innards to also be fed to kaiila and sleen. Eat and rest when the work is finished. It may not fully fill all our bellies, but those having stock of their own may also use it. By sharing and eating light, all will get a reasonable amount of meat... slaves included.

Thrall losses thus far have been lighter than normal. BE ADVISED... any thrall found slacking before the work is complete will be used to feed the sleen.

Be sure to water the vulo well and issue them a double ration of grain.

Maintain all the usual general orders.

Once settled in, it is also my wish to cut the usual duty of Warriors in half so all may enjoy more rest and still maintain the highest level of security. Naturally this means relieving the watch more often, but also more downtime. All Warriors and trainees will stand watch so others may seek rest. Salem's unit is the exception. Since they rode ahead and secured the river area without a break following their patrol duties... they will be stood down during our stay.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:56 PM »
Entry Fifteen

RAGNAR

We have been moving for two days throughout the night as well to make up lost time. There were periodic halts to water the stock, let them graze and to tend the wagons. Thus far all is well and during this leg of the journey we have been without incident.

Tuchuk has halted to rest for the night. Tend the stock and the wagons as usual. If all goes well we should arrive at Turia by tomorrow night.

I was not happy with the resupply efforts at The Point. Perhaps a greater effort will be made in Turia. If not, it is going to be a long stay before we migrate once again.

Personally, I look forward to a venture to the baths of Turia, a sound night's sleep, and to eat exotic foods until I feel I could burst. More than a few drinks may pass my lips as well. It depends on my mood. I hope others will be as happy to reach Turia as I am.

The watch will awaken Tuchuk before first light so we may be on the move when the sun rises. I expect a long day.

The watch should be on the alert for Turian Patrols. We are on the outskirts of Turian Territory.

End Report

**When roleplay resumes it will be daylight and Tuchuk is already moving.**

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
Entry Sixteen

RAGNAR

We have reached Turia and are in our usual place outside the gate.

Tend the stock and inspect the wagons. Any wagons needing more attention than we can provide under migration conditions should be taken to the repair yard.

Our supply wagons and freighters for supplies are empty. All Clan Elders will see to it they are fully stocked on their Clan supplies.

All Women of camp will see to it that camp food stores are filled.

All Men will see to it all weapons stores are filled.

All slaves will assist in all stores.

Slaves of Masters without a Companion will also see to it their Owner's wagon is stocked.

Everyone has a duty to Tuchuk to do their share. DO IT!!!

We shall be here for a few days so it does not all have to be done at once... but it does have to be done.

Our time in Turia is work... but do remember to have fun. Treat yourselves. Pamper yourselves. Just try to stay out of trouble.

Funds are available as usual for those in need.

All slaves of the main area have been gifted with 10 copper by myself to enjoy.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 11:35:46 PM »
Make ready to move out!!!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »
Entry Seventeen

RAGNAR

The wagons pulled out around midday. Nothing of major import occurred. There was the usual shakedown upon moving out of discovering loose items and having to better secure gear.

The same duty assignments Raziel assigned prior to our arrival have been continued by the Warriors.

Commendations to Mercilayne, Sarant, and Taryn for their tireless efforts thus far during migration.

We we travelled until just before dark and will set out again at first light. We are close to our lands where we shall make camp. I am anxious to arrive and settle back into normal day to day life.

I was informed there were no major issues in Turia. Cassius did report breaking up a tavern fight between a Warrior of his command and an off duty Turian Guard. No serious injuries reported. Just bruises, sore knuckles, and bent teeth.

The Rear Guard has been informed to be on the watch for any strangers who may decide to follow us from Turia and to ascertain their intentions.

All the usual general orders are in effect.

End Report.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 09:16:30 AM »
== Healer Update/Report ==

Taryn Iona

Even though the temperatures have cooled down a bit, the restrictions that were in effect before we reached Turia, are still in effect and will more than likely stay as such until we reach our new lands. This means, no alcoholic beverages, any type of jerky and no drinking of tea. There is no more rationing of water, as there was enough gathered after our stay at the river a hand earlier, and during our stay at Turia.

The Clan of Healers would like to remind everyone that if you find yourself sweating profusely, feeling lightheaded, fainting, cramping or nauseated/vomiting, please find a healer, as you may be showing signs of heat exhaustion. Getting medical attention at this stage is best, if you wait until you stop sweating things can quickly go downhill and could lead to your death. So we are asking that everyone still keep a bota of water on your person and we would suggest that you drink at least one (1) bota of water every 1-2 ahns. If you would like to have juice, that is fine, but be sure to drink two (2) botas of water per each bota of juice.

If any men are still in need of powder, a couple of batches were made up during our stay at Turia, as well as more salve, but that is only going to be given out to those who are not getting any relief from the powder. Though as we move into the cooler climate of the southern plains, the powder and salve should not be needed as much anymore.

== End of Report ==

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 06:07:34 AM »
Entry Eighteen

RAGNAR

We made good time and covered good ground. The wagons halted for the night and there have been no incidents reported. The herd has continued onward through the night and unless I miss my guess, they will be grazing where they have chosen our camp to locate.

With luck we shall arrive in that location sometime this day.

End Report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »
Entry Nineteen

RAGNAR

(Personal note... not feeling well, will not be in tonight. Will make the report to maintain the continuity of the role play)

The wagons travelled all day and rejoined the herd early eve. Migration is complete. The wagons will most likely spend the rest of the night taking their assigned lots and begin early morning setting up camp in ernest.

There were no further incidents to report, and all is well.

The camp will once again form from the center outwards until all are in place.

We are located two long days Southeast of Turia by kaiila. By wagon, three. We are one good day from the Southern coast of the Thassa.

End Report.