Author Topic: FW 12-24-06  (Read 1702 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
FW 12-24-06
« on: December 24, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »
Lets hear your views and concerns regarding this...

The Gorean girl is, even if free, accustomed to slavery; she will perhaps own one or more slaves herself; she knows that she is weaker than men and what this can mean; she knows that cities fall and caravans are plundered; she knows she might even, by a sufficiently bold warrior, be captured in her own quarters and, bound and hooded, be carried on tarnback over the walls of her own city.  Moreover, even if she is never enslaved, she is familiar with the duties of slaves and what is expected of them; if she should be enslaved she will know, on the whole, what is expected of her, what is permitted her and what is not; moreover, the Gorean girl is literally educated, fortunately or not, to the notion that it is of great importance to know how to please men; accordingly, even girls who will be free companions, and never slaves, learn the preparation and serving of exotic dishes, the arts of walking, and standing and being beautiful, the care of a man’s equipment, the love dances of their city, and so on."
Nomads 63

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
Re: FW 12-24-06
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:49:26 AM »
I'll reply more in depth later when I've had a chance to think on it, but my first thought was, "GOD I'm glad I don't live in a city!!!"

Camp women have a heck of a lot more freedom than city women do, and while yes, I know that there is always the possibility that I may get captured and enslaved, it's certainly not a constant thought like it is for those in cities. I lived in one once... *shudders* As for one of my own Family attempting to capture me in my own wagon.... I don't think any of them are stupid enough to deal with Rag's wrath if ANY man in Tuchuk ever tried forcing a woman to submit. *wrygrin* altho.. would be interesting to watch.... 

Do I know that men rule Gor? Yup. Do I keep an eye on my tongue and make sure I don't cross the line? You betcha. However, in Tuchuk, that still leaves a lot of room for freedom and self expression. In a Camp, we don't have to tremble in fear around a man, we can treat him, not as an equal, but certainly close. And those that we become friends with, we can be familiar with in ways we can't with those we don'tknow well. And I'm talking about teasing here, so get yer minds out of the gutter! Could I be a slave? Well, I honestly don't know. I know that if I tried, I would not be a very good one. I don't know how to be beautiful. I don't have the turn of phrase that so many of our amazing slaves possess. Honestly, if I were ever captured, and for some reason, was not ransomed back Home, I would likely kill myself.  Maybe I have too much pride, I don't know. I know I MAJORLY respect women who can be, and love to be, a slave. I can't.  It would literally break me and I would no longer be the person I am right now. Does that mean, that because I don't know "how to please men", that men are less likely to be interested in me as a FW or a Companion? Probably. Do I care? Nope. Been there, done that, bought and burned the tshirt.

What's interesting is that oh... 5 or 6 years ago, had you asked me these questions, I'd have had a very different answer. Back then, I was much more a "Lady", wore dresses (yeah yeah, stop clutchin yer heart), was much more feminine than I am now. I've changed... become more assertive. More cynical too, but that was just a side bonus. *chuckles* For years, Rags has always told me I need to be more assertive, more in command... *chuckles* so it's all his fault.

Ok, so I guess I answered this now... *laffs* once the thoughts start, it's hard to stop them.

Kitya