Author Topic: Message Board Av Rule Clarification Request  (Read 1814 times)

rep

Message Board Av Rule Clarification Request
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
Yesterday, it was 'suggested' to me to remove my board av depicting a Hillary for President sign with the letters crossed out with a white marker, with the caption above the sign stating 'I wanted Hillary' and below 'but I'll be voting for OBAMA'

I was told the av was overlooked the past two days because I was only posting on Gor message boards but when i posted on another board (a song association reply somewhere) the suggestion was made for me to remove the av to what i had prior to it.

I understand the 'suggestion' came from a board mod. I removed it and slept on it and today I looked for the rules. I did see a post regarding room av size etc and that other rooms have different rules. I need help in being pointed out the rest of the previously posted rules.

If it is wrong, on some, any, level, to make a political statement on the board via board av pic or any other place other than the political post threads, then please tell my why it's been acceptable, by the mods or anyone, to use a toddler pic, cartoon characters depicting urination, shooting, mauling and more, swears, and nudity in posts that are made all over the WM boards.

Also, if it is suggested that I not use a personal positive political message via a pic does that mean I cannot make the same statement in words under the signature portion?

Please show me where the rules are written or is it up to each board's mod's interpretation?

I change board avs like the new england weather changes. I would like to know what is considered wrong.

typist behind kiah

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Message Board Av Rule Clarification Request
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
You will not find it in the written rules regarding avs to avoid political stances, yet it has been a longstanding practise to avoid politics in Maze.

It seems I was in the wrong for thinking the people posting in the Maze section, especially the Tuchuk boards, were mature enough to be permitted a thread to air their political views, stances, joke, etc.

For the most part I was correct. In general most are mature enough to handle it.

However, it does seem I was mistaken in believing and having faith that all were mature enough to grasp the concept of containing such to the thread allowed for such.

I recommended to you to change your Obama av.... I did not demand nor threaten. It was a suggestion. It does not come as any surprise or shock that you, of all people, are seeking to make an issue where none should really exist.

In light of this, I am locking the thread which allowed airing of political posts... and from this date forward, it will be added in the board policy for the Gorean section that politics on a state or national level will not be permitted.

The grief caused by a small number of people, in this case you... is simply not worth allowing it in the future.