Author Topic: CHAT GATHERING 2011 CANCELLED  (Read 8592 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
CHAT GATHERING 2011 CANCELLED
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »
WHEN:

Weekend of July 14th, 2011

Official Gathering dates:
begins friday the 15th and ends sunday the 17th
(Wed 7/13 thru Mon 7/18)

WHERE:

Barnetts Motel
31257 St. Rt. 62
Salem, OH 44460
1-330-337-8758

RATES:

$48.00 PER NIGHT PER ROOM no matter how many people we pack in one. PLUS TAX

(makes it $51.36 per night slightly higher than last year)

This is a decent rate and this Motel is in a semi private setting 15 minutes from both Salem and Alliance Metropolitan areas.

There are both smoking and non smoking rooms available and make sure you are sure about bed sizes.

When I called and spoke to the man, he said he would try to make sure that he kept us all together but time is of the essence.  Ensure you call and say you are with the Webmaze group that attend every year.  Aim for the rooms with numbers 110 and above...that keeps us at one end of the motel. First come First Serve.

I recommend people rooming together and sharing the cost of the room..

The pool, this year is still up in the air. The health dept wants it brought up to code, with a bottom drain and other things. They gave the motel an extension on their certificate last year because of grandfather clauses.  The owner doesn't know if he will be able to get another extension this year.

The quote above is still in effect.  He told me once again that there was no guarantee on the pool being open this year but he did hope it would be.

Bring your suits anyways...just in case.  If the pool is not open, nothing says I cant drown your ass in a kiddie pool....ahem....I mean the pool shark.

Contact the Motel and book your reservations. A credit card security deposit of one night's stay is required to hold the room. Any cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid loss of deposit.

WHEN YOU BOOK YOUR RESERVATION, PLEASE:
 If you are sharing a room, only ONE of you call... He gets confused, marks off a room for each person that calls and ends up with empty rooms he could have filled otherwise.

Once you have your reservation, make sure you let me know the dates and number of people and names and even the room number if you requested a specific one, so that I can keep track and reconfirm everything in person with him closer to the gathering.

Also, for newbies, a side note.  We collect 10 dollars a day per person, to buy the foods, propane for grills etc..

Rags and woobie will be in 119
Raz and lure will be in 117
Ray and Taryn

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:21:09 AM by RAGNAR »

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
Re: CHAT GATHERING 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
*is trying everything to make it this year* ;D
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Online kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »
cheapest flight i have found so far is £700.00 all i can do is try to find the money i need a holiday lol
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »
waves her passport in the air... ahem been to vegas so guess this state you meet in isn't that much further right.. lol.. just gotta figure out how to get the time away from the kiddlets I look after... hmmmmmmmmmmm  that is if there would be any room for a shadow duck who don't swim.. (( sorry pool shark))
duckie rules

Offline Melanie

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:17 PM »
Unfortunately, I will more than likely not be able to attend this year. Sorry everyone...r/t just hasn't been in my favor for some time now, and I don't see it swingin' into my favor anytime soon.  :'(

but ya never know....might get lucky.... :D

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »
waves her passport in the air... ahem been to vegas so guess this state you meet in isn't that much further right.. lol.. just gotta figure out how to get the time away from the kiddlets I look after... hmmmmmmmmmmm  that is if there would be any room for a shadow duck who don't swim.. (( sorry pool shark))

poolsharks don't care if you can't swim.. dey drown you anyway.. they just hang onto you so you live to drown again.. LOL
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
-makes note to 'accidentally' forget the swim suit-
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

-In Mourning-

Offline Lilac

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »
doesn't look like I will be there either :(  date change threw me.. 

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
If the job comes through and I can get caught up with the bills by then, flame, Gordon and I will try to attend.

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline Salem

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »
Hrm. I may actually be able to attend this year.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »
aisling will be there, alas not spending the night though

(unless she can finally persuade lure..... ~bounces up and down sexcitedly and plots the plan~)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »
Just called and booked a room for the gathering, so Ray and I will definitely be there this year again, as well. Do not know the room #. The man I talked to said they aren't sure where they are putting us, but I do know that it only has one bed, which sort of sucks if we want to take in any roommates.

But the deed is done, and now it's time to plan for the festivities!

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
still holding my breath...want to go sooo bad. -mutter-
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

-In Mourning-

Offline DaPaleOne

• Do Not Piss Off The Dragons You Have Been Warned
    • Pale Frog Art
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »
wish like hell I could make it this year...but I am saving up the money to go see my oldest son this year...sorry but he beats ya..lol
"I Became Insane With Long Intervals Of Horrible Sanity" Edgar Allan Poe
"When I Let Go Of What I Am - I Become What I Might Be"-Lao Tzu-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 04:20:27 AM »
With regret, due to the economy and so many people out of work, the gathering this year is cancelled. Unemployment, fuel prices, and other rising costs, have all but made it impossible to hold the Gathering in the fashion we all have grown accustomed to.

Hopefully Gathering 2012 will show a marked upswing in the economy and once again we all can join together.

With deep regret,

Rags