Author Topic: Yes, I live.  (Read 9523 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Yes, I live.
« on: October 02, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
So I was reminded that I have not posted an update, my apologies.  Write it down, thats one for the record books.  So, here goes....

Day of surgery,  I explain to the doctor and nursing staff that it is hard for me to wake up from anaesthesia.   I explain that the best way to wake me up is to have my wife there as I can get violent if she is not there.   I was supposed to wake up around 1:00 p.m., but they didn't heed my warning about the anesthesia.  I recall the first instance of waking up and a resident was within reach and I snatch him the the shirt, jersey him to me and asked where my wife was, politely, at least I thought I was polite.  I was out again.  I woke up another time to a nurse who got too close to me and left imprints on her forearm, still asking for my wife, politely, I swear.  Around 5:00p.m., I finally woke up and started pulling on the machines when a new shift nurse peeked in from outaide the curtain and asked if I was awake and tame.  Yes, asked if I was tame.  They rapidly helped me dress like they were trying to shove me out the door and to the car. 

Then it was being confined to my bed for the next 4 weeks.  Not happy, but lots of strawberry cheesecake ice cream in a waffle cone.

Then it was back to work and ridiculous physical therapy from the VA that I could have printed off from the internet myself and done from home, which is what they wanted me to do anyways. 

And now I'm expected full duty by November 17th according to surgeon I met with Wednesday.  Yay me.  All this anti-police sentiment, verbal threats, protestint, makes me want to open a can of 5.56 and have fun.

Is it retirement yet?

Is it Gathering yet?

Is it 2021 yet?

Raz

Offline MageNathaniel1

Re: Yes, I live.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:56:22 AM »
happy you are recovering and soon will be back on duty. Many of us support the police like my family does so not everyone is against you  smiles

Offline psyche {Raz}

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 09:11:23 AM »

That doesn't at all sound like you -chuckles-  It is good to hear that part of you is healing and that life will soon return to normal.

You have been missed and are loved.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 10:01:27 AM »
Well True, even if your body is not fully healed it is great to see your kind loving attitude is back to normal!!!!!

*Passes the 5.56*

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »
There's that charm, grace, and winning smile I love so much!! Nice to know you treated hospital staff with all the nice you could muster.. I am saving all  my 'Raz assault' ideas for next summer. *cheezy grin*

love woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Izee

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 02:27:26 PM »
...If I was attending you...I would have stood well back...and carefully aimed my handgun...and shot a sedative dart into you.  After I was sure that it had taken effect, I would have moved in, very quickly...done what I needed to do...and...

...GOTTEN THE HELL AWAY!!!!!

...Get well, Raz... :)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
The craziest people work the night shift. Excluding you of course. *L*

I have respect for your profession and I appreciation for your service.

*Googles what a 5.56 is*

It is a come to Jesus introduction.

Offline Kemma

• Kemma Fritjofsdottir
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 07:28:29 AM »
So..... How’s the recovery going? Ahead of the game? Behind? In a league of your own? Taking your bat and ball and going home? What’s going on???

Let us know please.

Kemma
To those whom do not feel it, it cannot be explained.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »
Update:

Ok, so I am more or less out of touch with quite a number of things.  My knee is not 100% but pretty good.  Id say im about 80% there.  Still alive and pushing, not tempting my knee with kicking, so just alive and pushing.  You are all loved and missed.  I wish you all a wonderful Holiday.

Raz

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
And you as well True. *S*

Offline Kemma

• Kemma Fritjofsdottir
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 06:46:29 PM »
Good to hear, Raz. You’ll be 100% before you know it. 100% what? I don’t know.  ;D

Watch out for ice and snow. Just a little is all it takes to wreak havoc on a knee.

Happy Holidays.

Kemma

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »
Life.
The year of 2020 made life pretty much suck.  Not just for me, but for all of us.  It has affected everyone's life in such an upheaving manner.  Majority of the time, all we can do is gein and bear through it all.  For every faction, whether you are left wing, right wing, individual,  or non-faction, the past year has changed how we look at alot of things.  We all look at the government different, we look at medicine different, we look at law enforcement different and we look at each other different.

Through it all, we can all agree that life in 2020 sucked.  I am back on the road and I have to say, I have been considering a career change.  I've also considered going to another agency.  Then again ive considered simply retiring super early.  Its so confusing at times that its like being a freshman in college again trying to figure out a major.  Right now, I've been majoring in family.  With a house full of females, my sanity is hanging by hair of a thread.  The knee is still pained but so much better function wise. I probably should have done physical therapy at the time but was just a little stubborn.  The children are better and I spend as much time simply being home with Jill and the kids as much and as often as I can.

I hope everyone had a thankful Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas.   The holidays can be a struggle for so many and hopefully all my family here were not too affected.  The holidays can be depressing and more and it is a season where depression rises.  Please remember we have each other and if needed, I am here as well to simply be an ear or a venting wall if you want.

Thus with some depressions and families being together (ie my mother in law living with me) things can get heated and there can be arguments.  It doesn't hurt to simply say I'm sorry first.  We all make mistakes whether we like it or not.  We all also need to realize that there is much more to life than holding a grudge or being bullhead.  I know I am famous for being stubborn but I am also a good diplomat, at least from time to time.  Remember, having friends and family are not easy to come by so cherish what we have, make amends and move onward.  You never know when you will see or hear from that person again and you may regret the pettiness of the past. 

It is my greatest wish that 2021 is the best year year for us all and we are closer together than before.

Raz

Ps.  Also hoping for a Gathering date

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 04:59:36 PM »
Hey True!!!!!

2020... the year shit got real.

Do what your head tells you to do. LE is in for some deep shit. Politicians are in for some deep shit. Our Country is in for some deep shit.

May 2021 see all the crap pass quickly, and be what we all wish it to be within our own lives.

Gathering date?

Tentatively July 11th to 19th. Technically 12 - 19, but some of us get there a day early to set up. The 4th of July crowd (if there is one) should be out by then.

Offline Kemma

• Kemma Fritjofsdottir
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 07:43:11 AM »
Well said, Raz and Rags. Thank you for the wishes. The same and more, is wished for you and yours.

Kemma

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
So,

2020 was not done with me yet.  December 16, 2020, I was released from light duty and had to recertify at the firing range and driving course as well as taser, baton, pepper spray, handcuffed, ground defense etc.  Qouldnt you know it that while at the firing range, its raining and I go to shoot from the kneeling position and take the wrong knee, driving my right knee into the concrete with all my weight on it.  Then, in order to avoid any more pain, I tried to push off the ground with my left foot and shotgun buttstock when I fell to my right side, stiff arm out and jammed my shoulder straight up to the sky.   

Back on the desk, back on light duty, back at physical therapy.   This should be a shorter duration, pending my MRI results.  I'll keep you updated.

Yay 2021.

Raz