Author Topic: My Pop-Pop...  (Read 6767 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: My Pop-Pop...
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 11:45:58 AM »
any further updates deemon daughter?

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 07:27:23 PM »
I have some GREAT news and some kinda not-so-good news...

Pop-Pop came home today, and he's in excellent spirits! He's a bit weak and tired easily, but that's to be expected.  My grandmother took one look at him and... returned to her NORMAL level of battiness, so THAT is good as well. *LOL*

But... those blockages on the left side of his heart were more severe than the doctor at first believed, and he's being scheduled for open heart surgery -- a triple bypass.  I feel that my grandfather will pull through it in as fine a manner as he has bounced back from two acute heart attacks, but Pop-Pop is quietly terrified.

We also had a huge family meeting during which it was decided that my husband should NOT seek employment, at least for the time being.  He's been out of work since a short-lived job ended some two months ago, and he had been actively placing applications all over town.  My family now feels it was providence that no one called him back.  My grandfather and his best friend, Danny, can use Ben's help in the garage; and when Danny has to run errands for the business, Ben will be home to ensure that Pop-Pop is never alone with just Mom-Mom in the event of a medical emergency.  (Another cardiac arrest + an Alzheimer's patient who no longer remembers how to use the phone = baaaaaaaad situation.) 

Hubby is actually quite cheerful about the prospect of cooking, cleaning, working on cars and tractors, and lending a hand wherever he is needed; I'm relieved that my grandfather and grandmother will have additional care while I am at work; and my family has stopped insinuating that my husband is a deadbeat who just doesn't WANT to be employed -- so it all works out.

Well, except for that whole... waiting for the bypass to be scheduled thing... ~is on pins and needles~

I'd like to thank everyone for their wonderful thoughts and well wishes... Means more than I can say... ~tight hugs...~ As I have known for a very long time, MTC truly is a family...

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 01:55:36 PM »
*smiles soft and hugs you*

God never closes one door without opening another. Ben will be a good care-giver both to your Pop-pop and to your girl.. and I am keeping Pop-Pop still in my prayers.. and your grandmother too.. though I can tell you from my GOM experience.. that sometimes it is nice when they don't remember things .. *giggling*..

love you deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 02:20:09 PM »
is glad you po pop is home hun, my dad had a triple by-pass and was out within a week, i will keep your family in my prayers hun
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 02:31:42 PM »
at times things have an odd way of working out. thoughts and prayers will continue for your wntire family deemon daughter. better have a good pillow handy for Pop-Pop whe he gets out of surgery or a large soft stuffed critter for him to hug when he coughs.

:-* ;)

Offline Amore / Daniella

• Justice is a fragile thing.
    • Amore's Inner Sanctum
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 05:24:44 PM »
-hugs-

dee, talena told me about your Pop-Pop, and I was so sorry to hear.  It's troubling when our loved ones are reduced to fear and I will keep you and yours in my prayers that all will come around just fine. 

It's good to hear that he is now home.  -smiles-  That's half the battle won and strength to be garnered before his surgery.  I send your way multitudes of positive energy and hope.

amore {MTC}

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
Reading the pamphlets sent home with Pop-Pop, it would seem that most patients are out of the hospital within five days.  That much relieved him, and he has far fewer fears now that he is more knowledgeable about the procedure.

Papa, you betcha I'm getting him a big, stuffed, abuseable-type teddy for him to hug... He's gonna be hurtin'... It'll hurt me to see it... ~sighs~

woobiekins, I've taken to calling my CRS-afflicted Mom-Mom the GOG... Grumpy Ol' Gal... It's better than DOB or MOC -- "deluded old bat" or "mad old cow."  ~ducks~

amore and kadi and lure and taleeeeeenabobina and and Mistresses Moosie and Taryn, thank-ya for the well-wishes and good vibes!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 10:06:02 PM »
 :-* ;) :D

Offline slave

• im thristy anyways so bring on the rain
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 01:33:05 AM »
my   prayers  are  with  you  Dee  and  Your  family   till  all is  well   
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become characters.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 11:14:58 AM »
~wrapping you up in alwarm hug~...am glad to hear that so far things are improving...and will keep you and all of yours in my prayers dee~s~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 06:42:10 AM »
Pop-Pop has had two nights of wonderful, refreshing sleep and says he is feeling better than the week or two before his heart attacks!  His strength and the duration he is able to be up and around are also improving.  Those stints are definitely helping him get better blood and O2 flow!  He even swept Mom-Mom into a spirited two-step when an old, familiar song started playing on his Big Band Music TV channel... *grinning*  (Made me misty, I tell ya, seeing those two smiling and laughing, imagining them as they must have been in their youth.)

~hugs to lure and aphris for their continued thoughts, then kisses my Papa a big one right on the lips...~

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2005, 06:47:46 AM »
~leaves hugs for my a-s~

my mom improved 20000% once she was home, rather than at the hospital where we thought she should be....

glad Pop-Pop is getting his very much needed rest my a-s!

And the dance.... awwwwwwwwwwww....... ~grins~  young lovers.....

love you

~ simply talena

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2005, 06:50:53 AM »
WOOT!!! *loves kisses!!!*

i am very happy he is improving!!! love and joy really does have no age restrictions.

continued thoughts and prayers for what is still ahead.

*huggers* :-* ;)

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2005, 02:34:24 PM »
slips in quietly so as to not disturb.. dee sis.. i may not have posted before but i have added you an yours to my prayers each nite.. an as always the list grows.. be well sis.. you are loved in all ways ((r/t an v/t)).. leavin ya huggles an stuffs..

chanz
duckie rules

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 02:48:35 PM »
*smiles soft, a little misty eyed reading the post about the dancing*

God bless them.. Everyone deserves to be loved like that...

*hugs*
woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~