Author Topic: Winter blows  (Read 6547 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Winter blows
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:32:27 AM »
Just to let everyone know.  Illinois is expecting between 3 and 6 inches of snow during the day today and tonight.  Granted, it's a slow accumulation, however, my cable (which is also my provider of internet) acts funny when there is a strong gust of wind (because my landlord refuses to cut down or back the tree through which the cable goes from the pole to our building).  So if I am not around tonight or for a few days, you all know why, the tree has interfered with the cable outside, and yeah.  As it is, this day is not going well.  The baby woke me up after four or less hours of sleep.  He refused to stop crying throughout his entire fruit feeding, and not only that, he has pointy toes and he kept pressing them to the backs of my thighs and knees while I was trying to feed him.  I was not a happy camper, lucky for me, before I strangled him, my best friend Shelley decided she would take him for a few hours, so now I am going back to bed.  Oh yes I am.

Offline Shylina Marie

Re: Winter blows
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:53:36 AM »
hang in there sweetheart.... I know you don't want to hear this but theres still alot of four hour nights ahead of you....do what you can when you can....  we still have ice on the ground and i haven't looked at the next forcast yet...... ice keeps falling from time to time... we didn't get the 1 to 4 inches of snow they had predicted.. but everything here is pretty much a stand still
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »
*sulks*

*finks you could put a stamp on his head and mail him to me.... *

~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Amber

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »
Oh he sleeps through the night Shy, it was me who got to bed super late and couldn't fall asleep -lol- I need to quit doing that.  I usually get at least five hours, I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning is all, because Shelley had no problem with him whatsoever.

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
its also the season hon.... trust me... after having spent the bulk of hte day stressed. the rest of the day either crying or being so angry now my body hurts....at least julian is not old enough to drive... my sons roomates in their infinite wisdom sent him out to the minit mart to get soda... IN AN ICE STORM.... he got there. and then hit ice on the way back... slid into another car.. only busted the headlight on it. but the door of the car that is NOT HIS is dinged...  he was wearing a seat belt thank god  but has bruised ribs just the same
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Amber

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »
Ok yeah.  I don't even try to walk across the street when there is ice on the ground, nevermind drive unless I need to get to the hospital at 4 in the morning because my water broke. -coughs-  Yeah.. kids.. -shakes head-

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »
... mutters at the weather.. as i changed wiper blades all day long...
bye bye!

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 07:53:54 PM »
Wore shorts and a tshirt today...as we had mid 70's weather again.  And will have it again tomorrow.  Its posted a nice 53 degrees tonight at 10:53 pm.  Gosh, I love winter here in the south.

Raz

Offline Salem

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »
We actually got six inches of snow here in Victoria, which is surprising since it hardly ever gets colder than 20 degrees here. All we normally get in the winter is rain.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 07:14:13 AM »
Wore shorts and a tshirt today...as we had mid 70's weather again.  And will have it again tomorrow.  Its posted a nice 53 degrees tonight at 10:53 pm.  Gosh, I love winter here in the south.

Raz

for christmas im going to send all of this bad weather to you raz... merry christmas bro. from all of us in the midwest
bye bye!

Offline Amber

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 08:16:20 AM »
Lucky people living in the south -ughs quietly-  At least it wasn't three to six inches like they were promising, but it was still freezing, and snowy.. and icy.  And the baby is sick -sighs-  Which means I'm going to get sick -whines stomps pouts and cries-

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 09:56:07 AM »
Raz.... you're a lucky bastard!

Im in "sunny" san diego... and as of right now its 45 degrees where I am and pouring rain... we've even got snow like an hour away...

If its warm on x-mas I might cry....

Offline Salem

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 11:26:57 AM »
Not even noon and we have three more inches today and climbing. So much for decent weather...
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Lilac

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »
yeah.. there is like a chance of 12 inches over night..  -calls mother nature and gives her Raz's addy-

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Amber

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »
Raz said on the phone that it was 75 degrees in SC. -scowls- Lucky for him, he didn't tell me he was wearing shorts.. Or I would go.. and somehow kidnap him... and then make a snowman outta him -rofl-