Author Topic: Winter blows  (Read 6546 times)

Offline Lilac

Re: Winter blows
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
-calls shotgun-

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Salem

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
LOL Raz...how did you make that ?
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
ok...... WTH...... I mean seriously...... ICE a few days ago.. and 73 degrees today... WTFH.........

looks confused and starts to think Mother Nature is twitterpaited with Father Time and they just screwing up everything.

Shylina
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 06:37:36 PM »
But Shy...now they're talking about the nights being in the TEENS by the end of the weekend!!!!

Loved the 70 degrees today though!!!!

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »
LOL Raz...how did you make that ?

Im handy dandy with psp, and word.  Need to be for my classes when I need to stand out for grades.

Glad folks enjoyed it.

Raz

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
it was hilarious....

also.... san diego's forcast so far for christmas.... 60-70 degree weather..... -sighs-

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »
You expected something like 40 degree weather, which is what we are getting for xmas? I am still waiting for the ice and snow storm that is due tonight, which means we are getting everything done before it gets too late, then hide in the room until the morning and having to go and get our free breakfast... ~laughs~

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 01:15:46 AM »
yeah.... its 40 degrees right no... cant it last for five more days?

Im not getting snow for x-mas... every year I ask santa... and every year santa tells me to move up northern...

but since im not getting snow... I would like cold weather... so that fireplaces and hot choclate are welcome... I wanna wear my pretty x-mas scarf on x-mas!

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 08:21:41 AM »
If it snowed on Christmas, Sho, you would die, like literally fall over and freeze to death! -rofls-

rep

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 09:16:11 AM »
oh please!...lol...come to Massachusetts!!!

i just got Charter back which handles my cable/phone/internet after losing it on 12/11 at 3am.

we had no power from 12/11 3am until 12/14 3pm...that's a long freakin time BUT we were lucky, because we have a wood stove.

Repair crews for Charter were from Connecticut and Electric Crew was from Ohio (truck from IL)

thankfully daughter with baby living literally five minutes away but in the 'city' never lost her electricity

it's been snowing, a new storm about every other day but it's New England, i could move..lol..however...the next time there is another Ice Storm Warning i will pace until it's over because all that family togetherness was a bit....erm....much....lol

please stay safe....and sane...hey where did i hear that before...lol.....
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:54:39 AM by kiah{MTC} »

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 10:16:24 AM »
thats it amber! book me a plane im comming for x-mas! I just once wanna see it snow on christmas....

you all think im crazy cause all I have to deal with is terriable heat in the summer... but I want for once to see it snow... ive never ever seen the snow come down... Ive gone to see snow.... but I have never been somewhere where it is currently snowing... cause somehow... whenever I go somehere they have useasonally warm weather.... like last time I went to colorado... it was a huge snow storm all week but then the day I got there the weather cleared up...

kiah... youre in my thoughs... I think I would die without electricity...

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »
Ok.  Book you a plane and come out for Christmas -rofl- Though I doubt it will snow for Christmas. We are supposed to have rain on Wednesday and Friday.. but partly cloudy skies on Christmas -rofl-  Figures.

rep

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
thank you Mistress ...i hope you find your snow and the magic it seems to create...and i think just wearing a pretty scarf for Christmas will make a great present for someone...*giggles*...

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »
We got the welcome of winter in the most beautiful way... This morning I looked outside to a beautiful sky filled with that light blueness that can only be seen in a state that doesn't have a smog problem, with little puffs of clouds dotting the sky here and there and cruising lazily across the light blue sky... Then I stepped out of our room into the coldest air, with high winds, that nearly brought me to my knees, breathing in that ice cold air burned my lungs, and made my sinuses disappear in one inhale through my nose... Though I will say this, anyone in the area where I am at, you can come to where we are staying and go ice skating in the bed of my truck... ~laughs~ I am drop dead serious, we didn't drain it after the rain/ice we had a day ago, so it's a thick layer of ice, that I or anyone else could skate on...

It's only 25 degrees with a wind chill of 11 and dropping as the winds pick up... But, the sight of seeing that morning sky will forever be locked in my memories, as many know, we haven't seen the sky due to the rainy weather we have been having for the past two weeks...  My wish for a white christmas isn't going to be happening, though we are going to have mostly clear skies during the day, by evening the storm clouds will be coming in, bringing those going to the stores the next day to take their umbrellas and temperatures in the mid 50s...

Merry Christmas my family, I hope this year Santa brings you everything your heart desires and those you love bring you untold happiness on the day that Jesus was born... ~smiles softly~

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
oy...for those that don't know...i hates winter~lol~

my beloved Owners...who live two hours south of here...are 23 degrees right now...i'm at a whole 6. mind you...this isn't a complaint...anything above zero with less than 20 mph winds...at the moment is a blessing~lol~ although, at these temps, the salt that's on the roads and parking lots doesn't do a whole lot but just sit there. anyways, they're calling for a nice wintry mix tomorrow and Christmas eve (ie-freezing rain, ice pellets and snow) so for those of you who really think you want to be around for snow...try standing in a sub zero freezer with a fan blowing in your face and let some one spray you in the face with ice cold water... it's really that much fun...oh yeah...mmmmhmmmm~lol~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine