Author Topic: Men's topic 9-12-09  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Men's topic 9-12-09
« on: September 12, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »
"When Goreans get the idea that honour is involved, they suddenly become quite difficult to deal with."
-Magicians of Gor, page 400

Explain why such a thing would happen in your own words.

Raz
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:58:18 PM by Raziel »

Offline Terran

Re: Men's topic 9-12-09
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 08:31:30 AM »
Honor is black and white, there is no in between. Either you have Honor or you don't. If you have Honor it's going to be straight forward, if anyone questions that Honor, you'd be ready to kill.  That's what makes a Man whose Honor is in question so difficult.
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one just some are louder than others.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »
Honor, for a warrior, is the end all be all. When Discussed or even questioned, it is a direct insult if taken in the wrong way or in an offensive way. Like Terran Said it is the end all be all, and if it is questions, the answer is by the end of the Warriors Sword. Otherwise, they can kiss there Honor Goodbye
bye bye!

Offline Tgol

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »
I agree with Terran and Wapike...Honour is at the core of a Warrior no matter if He is from Ar, Treve, or Tuchuk....Every one of the books I have read show that honour means everything to a Man, no matter his Caste.....everyone from Marlenus, the Ubar of Ubars to Thurnock of the Peasants.....Every man has his private honour and what is shown to others, and both need to be in line or the man will doubt himself and cause othes to doubt him as well....

Honor leads to trust which leads to Brotherhood and as such has such a great impact on a person, be they Warrior, FW, slave or Free....

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »
Honor.  Think on that word a moment.  Honor.  Say it to yourself then aloud.  Honor.  Whisper it and yell it.  Make it a paradox in pronounciation then look at it again.  HONOR.  Is honor something that is guilt when you look in the mirror or is it subservient to the concious?  Or vice versa?  Honor.  It is more than just a word to be slung around because you think you uphold a creed, an oath, keeping to a code or by keeping a promise.  Honor is a way of life.  To do what is right even when no one is looking.  To be true to yourself and to others.  To uphold values and morals, to live a way of life that you know to be true to all.  To keep these instilled in you at all times knowing that at any point in time you may die.  Either be murdered, by accident, in your sleep, death is final, but the legacy you leave behind can still be looked upon with Honor or without.  How do you live your life and does it reflect honor?  It is more than a word, it is something so priceless, so dear and so unseemingly forceful that it can sway nations and worlds.  Honor is more than what we can encompass or define.

This is why I become difficult to deal with when honor is involved because how dare you bring up honor to me?  Show me your honor.  Dont bring it up, prove it.  Talk is cheap but honor is priceless and if you have it then it never needs to be brought up for as honorable men, we simply know and there is no question when honor is concerned.  Where is YOUR honor Gorean?

Raziel of Tuchuk