Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 414405 times)

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #915 on: March 14, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »
adds my sweet sis and her son to my list..of prayers and thoughts.. leaving lots of hugs and kisses for both of them

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #916 on: March 14, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »
though I haven't posted my responses to this board, know that everyone who needs the good wishes and speedy recoveries are in my thoughts and prayers...

kadibear, I am glad to hear that he's doing a bit better... just remember it will take time, and like you said he's a fighter... ~huggles you tightly and kisses the top of your head~ also remember to take time for yourself, I know he would be upset that you weren't doing so, and when he gets his strength up, he will let you know how upset he is about it...

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #917 on: April 09, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »
Dearest Family,

my thoughts and prayers go out to each and everyone of you... we all have things going on right now and I can only pray in earnest that the needs we each have. the healings that need to take place will come forth. 

I need to beg prayer as well from you.  I have a friend who is challeneged with spinda bifida that has come to visit... the trip here was NOT easy by any means. and now that she is here... alot of truths have come to light.  first off....we are seeking to place her in a facility here where she can recieve better medical care. at the current rate she would be placed in a facility and striped of all rights within 6 months.  there has been a serious lack of competant medical care  on the end of her care givers.  She is also in denial to a degree about her own condition and I do feel that she is in an area of non compliance with what doctors are wanting her to do.. so at this point we need to get her into a place where she wll be evaluated.. and treated. and then placed in long term care where she can get better.... she is 4'9. and 250 pounds... pressure sores have started to try to tunnel....

please pray that the doors we need opened will swing wide for us.  we need it to happen or else she will wind up in a pine box....its that bad.  which kills me to say that because I don't know how someone can let that happen to themselves or see it happen and not do something.

please pray.... and please pray for me that I will stay tough enough to get it done
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #918 on: April 09, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »
Sister, you and your friend have my thoughts and lots of prayers heading your way... Just remember denial is one of the biggest factors in how things end up, and it sounds like she's not the only one who has had their heads in the sand, meaning her caregivers seem to not care either and are also in denial...

She is lucky to have you as her friend, at least someone who hasn't been around her for a time, at least can see what is really going on, and now can start the wheels turning to get her into a place that will hopefully give her the care she needs, along with maybe something more... ~huggles you tightly~

You are a good friend, and I know that with you on the trail of getting her the help she needs, that it will happen... You are too stubborn not to have it slip through your fingers...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #919 on: April 09, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »
Consider it done sis.  :'(

rep

« Reply #920 on: April 10, 2008, 07:25:48 AM »
~sends prayers, positive thoughts and healing hugs~....kiah{MTC}

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #921 on: April 14, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »
Don't do this too often, and this may be me worrying about nothing. That being said... dad in law had hip surgery a couple of weeks ago. Everything went well, he came home, his leg was swollen, but I've been given to understand that that is pretty normal. Anyway, last week he was in MEGA amounts of pain in the middle of the night. Now for dad to say he's in pain... it had to feel like something was gnawing his leg off. They called an ambulance, at the time, they couldn't find anything wrong and sent him home with new pain meds.

Today, he went for a followup with his doc. Apparently something in his surgery area (not sure what or where yet) is infected. They're not sure if this is why he was having all that pain or not yet... since you can't really do a lot of in depth stuff in a doc's office. Doc has admitted him to the hospital where he's staying till they find the infection and get rid of it. This MAY mean another surgery, doc wasn't sure yet. At the very least, he's there for a few days. I know this isn't life threatening.. but I'm still worried.. and worried cuz it means mom is having to take care of everything by herself, and she's on oxygen and can't get around too well. I'm just glad they sold their remaining equines to their neighbour last summer.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #922 on: April 14, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »
WIll add them both to my prayers sis.

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »
Apparently my nagging worry was well founded. Doc has moved Dad to ICU. Now, all of this is really jumbled and not making a lot of sense because mom tends to get things like this very very mixed up. I'll have better info tomorrow as hubby's brother and sister are heading down there to take care of things. Mom is very relieved as she doesn't like being in charge of stuff like this.

So here is what I know... kind of. We THINK he's been moved to ICU more for observation purposes than because he's in any immediate danger. Apparently he might also be bleeding internally since mom says he's been given 2 units of blood. He has his CT scan this afternoon, so there should be more concrete info coming. I do know they have him on the morphine button and is getting morphine every 15-20 min to manage the pain. Since he can't have his cell phone in ICU, I have no way to get ahold of him to get any answers, and, if he's on morphine, I likely wouldn't get many anyway. *chuckles* He's already given his doc instructions that he is to give the "kids" any info they ask and that he can discuss anything with them, so that is a huge help.

Since hubby's brother has a degree in sports medicine, he'll be able to ask a lot of the more medical related questions, and sis will be able to keep mom calm, make sure she eats properly, and gets enough sleep. Now I get the fun task of emailing hubby and letting him know what's going on.

rep

« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2008, 12:05:27 PM »
i hope you get some concrete answers soon Mistress..~sends prayers of hope and lots of hugs~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »
Hang in there sis and seek out the answers.

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #926 on: April 15, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »
hang in there Mistress...i know you can do it you are Tuchuk *grins*....if you need someone to talk to Mistress NS and i are here....if you need phone number will give it... or we can call you.. sits down next to You and hugs you tight.. and gives you lots of kisses.. will keep your family in my prayers...

hugs and kisses

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Kitya

• Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #927 on: April 15, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »
Sis called me at 9pm, mom had not called her with any updates, so we're assuming there are none to be had at this time. Bro was supposed to be at her place within the hour (he was apparently doing a land speed record), and from there it's a 3-4 hour (depending on your speed) trip to the folks. So tomorrow Sis will be able to call me with REAL info. So I'll know more tomorrow. For tonight, I'm goin with the "no news is good news" theory.

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
i hope that when you do get some news it will be
of the good time. best wishs and hopes to You
and Your Family, Mistress
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »
Sis, know that you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers... I hope that all turns out well, though until that update comes in that will allow you to know what is going on, to keep on thinking good thoughts and I am sure everything will work out well in the end... ~huggles you tightly~