Author Topic: I guess Obama isn't collecting the 50 State Quarters..  (Read 16160 times)

Offline Fishy!

Re: I guess Obama isn't collecting the 50 State Quarters..
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »
sin- you are more then entitled to your opionions... it dont matter who you are.. you are entitled to have your opionions...

according to your first amendment rights you also have the freedom of speech.

(a link in case anyone wants to read up on those said rights - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment )

now... if someone was to say something about your belifes... I would assume that they have the freedom to...

just remember, your views are your views, you are entitled to them, and speaking for myself here... Im still gonna love you and still consider you family no matter what, your polital belifes are your own, and as long as you can respect that I dont have the same views as you, then everything is ok.

I whole heartly respect your views. no matter how I feel on the matter... and truth be told... while reading this topic, (not just your posts but all the posts) there have been times that I have cursed at the screen.

from the looks of it I am a minority here... I am a very liberal registered democrat.

but does my family hate be because I dont stand for the pledge? I would sure hope not. and I doubt that anyone would would. because they have respected my views. they have however (espically in woobies case) provided me with information that may or may not have brodened my horizons...

but I do agree... name calling can be hurtful. but please think on this...

-if we get hurt when someone calls us a mean name... why do we use names like them to refer to a man that has the potential to be the leader of the country?-

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2008, 05:56:10 PM »
so... back to politics...

any other states have someting similar to california's prop 8 comming to the ballot?

I was just wondering because its something thats becomming a huge debate here in cali...

also- I am voting no on prop eight.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
Hrmmm...

Saw this thread when it was first posted.

Saw it stay near the top, someone always posting.

Vote or not, it is a choice.

Belief or not, that is a choice.

Name calling or not, that too is a choice.

Responding to a thread that is also a choice.

All in all, I don't much care for politics.  I am registered to vote because I did so when I turned 18 and the fact that I served in the military.  I can say I don't care for any of the candidates or their issues or stances in debates or on funding.  If I want to complain about things, it's probably because I like to hear my own voice and because Im fucking funny as all hell.

Bottom line is, everyone lies.  Who can you believe in?  Whatever, who cares?  This nation was founded on good intentions and hopeful beliefs.  Everything else is just political or religious scrutiny.

No matter what anyone's views are on the presidential elections, senatorial, or any elections, I can express my right to not listen, watch or honestly care.

You all seem to take too many things out of context.

Arguing, whining, bitching, lecturing, observing, replying, instigating, defending, offending, name-calling, praising, siding, out of character, realtime, head aches from thinking, arthritis or carpal tunnel from typing.  Whatever your pleasure or your pain, what I've gotten out of all this is....

I feel it was just a waste of time, and I just added to the clutter of the board on POLITICS.

Good God.
Good Allah.
Good Buddah.
Good to whomever or whatever you pray or worship to.

I feel like I got bent over and just got fucked royally from reading all this and actually responding to it.  And I didn't even get dinner and a movie.  Damnit.

I like the 99 cent menu.  I'm cheap.  Sheesh.  

Seriously though, I think everyone should take a few days off from this thread.  

Ya'll are just going to hurt each others feelings with misconstrued or misinterpretted meanings.  

Blah.

Raz

Offline Nexhias

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »
-Inspects my post-

I do not believe I called anyone a bigot.  Did I say I would speak out against any and all forms of bigotry-- absolutely.  It is how I feel.

Please do not read more into things then what I put down on these boards.

I am opinionated enough that if I mean to call somebody a name-- I will.   

I have stated my position.  That is the end of it for me. 

Be well people.
Don't let your alligator mouth write a check that your hummin' bird ass can't cash.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
California Proposition 8
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 08:23:38 AM »
*putting this here to keep all the politics in one place*

Proposition 8 is an initiative measure on the 2008 California General Election ballot titled "Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry."[1][2] A new section would be added to the California Constitution stating "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."[3]

The measure was submitted for the ballot by petitioners with the title "California Marriage Protection Act."[4] The title and summary were revised by Attorney General Jerry Brown to more "accurately reflect the measure."[5] The Superior Court of California ruled in favor of these changes, stating, "The title and summary is not false or misleading because it states that Proposition 8 would 'eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry' in California. The California Supreme Court unequivocally held that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry under the California Constitution."

The way I read it, and all the background info provided by Wikipedia, if you vote NO, you want to continue to allow same sex marriage, and a yes vote would eliminate that option.

We don't have that sort of issue here on the ballot in Ohio. I am not sure if any other states do. Although I am not a resident of Cali (been there, done that, don't need a video *G*) it is an interesting proposition.
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2008, 12:22:20 PM »
yeppers Woobie... its sparking alot of religious debate here in cali... but I was really wondering if any of the other states had soemthing similar

sinnocent

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
we have an amendment coming up as well... I believe.. and I do have the sign on my front lawn.. keeping Marriage as it was ment to be... good bad and ugly..chuckles

Offline Savan

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
yes FL has one on the ballot too.   You know   did you choose who you fell in love with or did it just happen?  I have not right to tell someone they can not love somebody or pledge their love to that person.  I can not judge that is in the Bible.
This is SB or Silent Breeze  for some reason I am registered under this name from before.  DOH

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »
*ponders if I can just marry myself because I loves me*

Raz

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »
Well, you can't marry me, I am holding out for Bubby!!  LOL
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2008, 08:24:12 PM »
awww poor Raz... I would offer... but well you know how I feel about little towns...

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2008, 01:54:19 AM »
i would offer but dont do the long distance stuff, stowsaway on first flight out to usa lol
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

sinnocent

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 04:12:08 AM »
i would offer, but wouldn't want you to laugh..-winks-

rep

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2008, 05:35:17 AM »

Raz

You could...marry someone just like you....in Massachusetts.. :P

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »

Raz

You could...marry someone just like you....in Massachusetts.. :P

or in cali! Pandi! im stealing you away!