Author Topic: Needing A Football Fix?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
Re: Needing A Football Fix?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »
watch the world cup lol runsssssssssssssssssssssssss
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:30:37 AM »
No thanks. Flitting around a field in shorts kicking balls around is not my idea of a sport.

Plus the fans of soccer irritate me to no end. Not the respectable ones... but the idiots that turn the event into riots.

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:59:10 AM »
Well there is always baseball.

GO CUBS AND WHITE SOX!
OOC - Rick

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 07:09:27 PM »
Add the fans of the L.A. Lakers to that list of people who believe that celebrating and rioting are one and the same... ~shakes head~ Am still livid at what they did to the town they live and work in... Sad thing is, apparently they rioted last year when they won, not in L.A., but in ANOTHER PLACE! Those are the people who are going to find other fans pissed off at them when all NBA Finals are pulled from the airwaves, no more tickets to be sold, the only ones who know who won, are the ones who compete, the players, and maybe the media will be told a few days to a week after the winners win the tournament... Then maybe things will finally return to how they should be.. In the meantime, those who were caught on tape are brought before the judges and told to work for however long it will take to pay for the damages to the city that they wrought, don't care if they are only a few of the people who rioted, they were apart of it, therefore they will work off all the money it will take a city who is close to bankruptcy... Should take a few years or more to work it off...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 02:06:56 AM »
I still watch the occasional Tribe game, but that's about it these days. The big strike back when turned me off to being a devout baseball fan.

As for celebrating.... hey... your team won. Have at!!! Have a nut!!! Dance in the streets, whatever. But no damaging of public or private property. I am a strong believer that if the fans engage in rioting or destructive behavior, they should strip the home team of the title and all benefits pertaining to it. Call it a disqualification. I do not think it will take too many times of this happening for the fans to get back in line.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
You and I seem to have the same thoughts about certain sports and now with your comment about baseball is spot on with me... I will watch my Angels or Padres play now and then, or if they make it into the World Series, I will watch the entire thing from start to finish, but I don't have the desire or want to pay all that much attention to them as I do with football... When growing up I would go to an Angel's game once a week, but when the last strike came around, I lost interest, as I believe that strike should never have happened and talking to a friend of mine, Brent Mayne, who had to survive during that strike told me if he had a chance to go back and do that time over again, he would have found a way to talk his team mates from doing that strike, as he knows they lost a good 45% of their fans during that time, and many of them will never return...

Offline RickBulow74

• Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »
I still watch the occasional Tribe game, but that's about it these days. The big strike back when turned me off to being a devout baseball fan.

I was also thinking there is always auto racing, whether NASCAR (GO DALE JUNIOR) or the Indy Racing League (GO DANICA OR HELIO) but I might get my head chewed off by many here.
OOC - Rick

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:35 PM »
If I wanted to see speed and accidents I can just go to the local high school or the industrial park at shift change.  ::)

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 11:13:18 PM »
hah!

I've said it time and time before, the only good part of car racing is the ten minuet after show where they show all the crashes and tell you who won... that way you dont have to watch the twelve hours of nothing but left turns.

I mean seriously... they are supposed to be great drivers... but I swear 500 miles full of left turns and not a single blinker- and we expect old ladies on the freeway to be able to use them?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »
LMTAO

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »
two sports exist... football or Nascar.. and actually early on in the season of football i do watch Nascar over football... all other sports are lacking horribly.. basball is a bore.. hockey.. not bad... basketball.. well does Jordan Still play?
bye bye!

Offline RickBulow74

• Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
Wapike, they have the new Jordan in the form of King Lebron James, who is now a part of the might triumvirate in Miami with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. Then too, I think they said Kobe and Iverson were the next coming of Jordan when they started as well.
OOC - Rick

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »
Wapike, they have the new Jordan in the form of King Lebron James, who is now a part of the might triumvirate in Miami with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. Then too, I think they said Kobe and Iverson were the next coming of Jordan when they started as well.

Until anyone can captivate a nation like Jordan Ill still be waiting... lol
bye bye!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 06:33:56 PM »
Hockey used to be fun about 15 to 20 years ago when you were watching the game and suddenly a fight broke out, it would only be 2 people fighting when suddenly it would be everyone joining in including the coaches, players who weren't playing, as well as the referees at times.. Now that was when hockey was fun to watch, but the NHL came up with new rules and penalties for those who began and jumped into the fighting, instead of trying to stop it...