Author Topic: ...Izee's Thread  (Read 174253 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
Re: ...Izee's Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 11:35:20 PM »
...Izee' was often involved in cultural exchanges, especially in music.  She heard that a barbarian thrall had been captured fresh from Earth, and that he was a musician, and he had brought his instrument.  She arranged for him to do a performance at the Central Fires, where the Ubar, Ubara, and other High Ranking Tuchuk could hear good "Earth Music."

https://youtu.be/2HlglBIiTv0

...In the days after the 'performance', as she sat in a cage and ate 3 day old gruel, Izee' told herself...

..."I gotta audition captured musicians, privately, afore I have them perform before Ragnar an the High Council."

...((This guy makes some mistakes, but this IS the cello part to this wonderful music by Karl Jenkins.  I have played this many times, it is about as much fun as playing the Pachebel 'Canon'))

..."I wonder what happened tae tha thrall?"
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Medi

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2019, 02:32:36 PM »
...Why Izee' NEVER lets Gunnar and Tavi stay alone in her summer cottage... :o

...https://youtu.be/kwedBdWIRuQ...

...Needless to say, Tiveri thought that this was the BEST THING she EVER saw !!!!!... ;D

...Tristan probably wished that HE had thought of the idea when he was a young child... :P
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2019, 05:56:12 PM »
LOL I LIKE!!!!!

Offline Medi

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2019, 12:06:52 PM »
...Tiveri is ready for the beach at Thassa...and she hopes that Momma packed all of her fun toys...

https://binged.it/35dbO95
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
...Izee' had dismissed her 'Mob' when Tuchuk arrived at Thassa, she knew that they would be more of a hindrance than help, if she insisted that they participate in setting up camp.  Three of them, Tavi, Gunnar, and Tiveri went a ways down the beach, and spent several ahn doing 'something'.  Later, noticing that several Or of Tuchuk children had flocked to where the three were, Izee' walked over to see what was going on. 

...https://youtu.be/Sm9hgOlWwoc

...As she walked back to camp, Izee' mused..."Mayhaps tha Ubar will make tha three become 'Battle Engineers' when they grow up."                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »
 ;D

Offline Medi

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2019, 12:26:58 PM »
...Izee' heard a barbarian kajira talking about 'hot dogs'...Izee' questioned the girl very closely about just what a 'hot dog' was, and how you prepare one.  Izee' then ordered the girl to explain to Tavi and Gunnar how a 'hot dog' was prepared in the 'Earth Way', and she did...it took a while...

...Ahns later, her Sons told Izee' that they could prepare her a 'hot dog' in the 'Earth Way', and she watched as they did... :o

...https://youtu.be/7VODC7nFrYs

...As she ate the 'hot dog', Izee' pondered what she should do with the barbarian kajira...but Izee' just shrugged and ordered the girl to fetch her some mustard and onions, the 'hot dog' tasted better that way.   ::)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much time on their hands!!!!!

Offline Medi

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »
...I took an online test to see what position I would play on a football team...I was VERY surprised at the result I got.  *S*   I answered the questions as how I handled my job, since I have never played football as an adult.  When I was a child, sometimes we kids, all 100 sexes,  8),  in the neighborhood would put together a flag football game.  In those, I would play a linebacker on the defense, and an end on the offense...I could run pretty fast and could catch a football.   :)

... Linebacker

You're a tackling machine and a highly intimidating force on the field. You bring the pain on your hits, and the opposition needs to know where you are on the field at all times. You're also a highly inspirational and motivated player who brings out the best in everyone who surrounds you. On the field, you're a total monster. Off the field, you're an incredibly kind and friendly person.

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2019, 05:43:12 PM »
Post the url just for fun sis!!!!!  ;)

Offline Medi

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
...During one 'visit' to Turia, the Tuchuk 'decided'...(The Ubar 'ORDERED')...to attend a very cultured concert in order to experience what City Life was like.  Ragnar told the Concert Hall Owner that the Tuchuk would not understand what was going on unless Ragnar, Himself, explained the event.  The Tuchuk took ALL of what THEY thought were the BEST seats, (behind the orchestra), and Arlon helped with the explanation.  Several Kajirae joined the performance to encourage the City musicians to perform well.  Tarl Cabot got on stage to supervise the orchestra, and MAKE SURE that the Tuchuk were NOT offended by a bad performance, and did very well.   :)

https://youtu.be/MzXoVo16pTg

((Hey, this IS OOC, so do not blame the char... ;D))   :o
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 03:00:10 AM »
...A really sensual work by Astor Piazzola.  It is for Bandaneon and string orchestra.  I was in an orchestra, and we performed this. I was Principal cello, and the Concert Mistress was a very beautiful Nordic blonde woman.  (GRRRRRR...'Brunette Envy'...)  I wasn't very familiar with the Bandaneon, and at the rehearsal, I thought..."By the Gods...I am performing with an ACCORDIAN!!!!"   :P

...The soloist was a VERY handsome Spaniard, and he played very well, and the rehearsal went fine, and I thought that the instrument sounded very nice.  It was subtle, and not obnoxious...and it could get very 'frisky' at times.   :)  So, I gave the work some slack.  At the performance, the quick first movement went well, and then...we got into the slow movement.... 8)

...We were arranged differently than in this video, the cellos were on the right side, on the edge of the stage, from the Conductors point of view.  The Soloist was in the middle, facing the audience...if he looked to his right...he was looking at the Concert Mistress...if he looked to his left...he was looking at me.

...As I said, the soloist was VERY HANDSOME, and he 'came alive' during the performance.  He had the piece memorized, so he wasn't burdened with a stand.  During the 1st movement he was moving in his chair, almost dancing as he played, it was very engaging!!!   :)  Then, we got into the slow movement, and his 'stage presence' changed.  He didn't move much, but he focused on me and the Concert Mistress.   :o  A lot of that movement alternates with a duet by the soloist with the 1st Violinist, and then with the Principal Cellist.  When he was playing with either of us, he slightly turned in his chair, and faced the woman he was playing with, and by his expression and body movements, he urged her to blend with him...he ignored the Conductor! 

...I was astonished, at first, when he was just looking at me, and using his body movements to get me to blend with him...we were NOT just playing the tempo of the written notes...and I LIKED IT!  He would finish with me, and then turn to the Blonde, and do the same with her.  I would be starting to calm down, and then my next solo would come up, and I'd have my eyes locked into his....again... 8)

...At the end of the concert, players and audience members were teasing Lori and me, saying, "You ladies put on a nice 'threesome' on the stage with that man."   We just smiled, and went to get more wine.  I did have to laugh at one moment...a player asked us..."Ah, did the two of you have a 'private rehearsal' with Sergio?"  I spit out the wine I was drinking, but Lori smiled and said, "No...but we know where he is staying tonight."   8)  I nodded, and said, "I booked his room, #504 at the Hilton."  (I was the Treasurer of the Symphony...*LOL*)

...Here is the slow movement... :)

https://youtu.be/ZsNlRN-M2Iw
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2019, 12:04:53 PM »
...Izee' had a few words with Stefan and Katniss when she entered her wagon, and found out why the two had not been seen for a few ahn... :o

...She also sent the two out to do some REAL CHORES... >:(

...https://youtu.be/y4VJssQv_Qw
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »
 :o