Author Topic: Hannah seriously needs our prayers again  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Hesprit of Turia

• With the eyes of an eagle, I am always watching!
Hannah seriously needs our prayers again
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »
For those who may not have been aware of My previous information about Hannah, I'm reposting some of her situation along with this latest crisis.

In October of 2006, one of my neighbors had gotten word that her granddaughter, 4 year old Hannah, was diagnosed with a somewhat severe form of leukemia.

Hannah has, at no time, let this disease slow her down and certainly she has not allowed it to stop her from doing the things she has wanted to do.  Hannah has gone through chemotherapy, spent time in the hospital (Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA ... they have been absolutely fantastic with her) and she has faced each of the new struggles with the determination and spirit that few adults could manage.  When it came time to consider going to school, despite the concerns of her parents, there was absolutely no question ... Hannah wanted to ride that big yellow bus ... and she did.  When weather causes school closings, Hannah gets upset about being forced to miss.  She's determined not to "fall behind."

Over the past 16 months, Hannah has had her share of bouts with illness, but she's pushed her way through.  Right now, Hannah is facing what may be her most serious struggle yet.

A few days ago, Hannah's fever began to rise, so she was taken to the local hospital for evaluation.  They determined it was probably the flu, gave her antibiotics (after consulting with Children's) and allowed her to go home.  The plan was to try to reduce the fever and let the antibiotics start to kick in, while letting the doctor's at Children's review the blood tests and decide what to do next.  The next day, rather than improving or even stabilizing, Hannah's fever increased so the doctors told the parents to take her to the local hospital where they would start an IV antibiotic and then transport her by ambulance to Pittsburgh.

Unfortunately, the local hospital did not have the antibiotic in the correct formula for use on a child, and after consulting with the doctor from Children's, it was agreed that it would be riskier to try to "adapt" what they did have, so Hannah was sent on to Pittsburgh right away.  When she arrived at Children's, she was immediately admitted and treatment, including aggressive antibiotics and other meds were begun.

At some point, Hannah's blood pressure began to drop, to a point she was placed on the Intensive Care list (monitored and treated as if in ICU, but kept in her own room for isolation purposes.)  More treatments have been used to help with the blood pressure, but so far the best result has been some fluctuation.

Hannah is now listed as in Critical Condition, so I'm asking for your thoughts and prayers to be sent for Hannah and her family.

BTW, an added note, recently Hannah's mother found that she was pregnant and the entire family was thrilled and excited.  Her parents had planned all along to have at least one or two more children (Hannah has a brother already) but the thought of a new child possibly being able to help Hannah was obviously an extra hope.  I'm sorry to say that about a month ago, Hannah's mother lost that child as well.

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
Re: Hannah seriously needs our prayers again
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »
sends prayers and thought her way and also to her family as well...

leaves hugs and kisses

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
thank You for telling us

Prayers and thoughts to her and her family
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »
Consider it done.

My condolences on the loss of the baby.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:34:29 PM »
Hesprit, please tell her family that she is always in my thoughts and prayers... she has never left them and never will until the day comes that I get the word that she is in remission and has been in that state for over 7 years, and at that point she will still be thought of, as I know what she is going through, and for a child that young to have to grow up this fast, is just heart wrenching...

I know how much of a fighter Hannah is, and things have been going well for her for a time now, but now she has to fight a bit harder, and I know that deep inside she can and will fight through this, as long as she has to...

I smiled when you said that Hannah's mother was pregnant, and when you said that she lost the child, it tore my heart in two... Many would think, those heartless ones out there, that the baby was only being conceived to save their daughter's life... ~shakes my head~ little do they know that to conceive a child isn't for selfish reasons such as that, but to bring another child into a already loving and caring family... I am sure Hannah is heartbroken as well, as I could see her looking forward to being able to play dress up with her own personal real life doll... ~smiles~ though now I know she is going to have to wait, as I am sure that sometime in the near future, that she will get her chance... ~chuckles~ as I know her brother will have NONE of that dress up bit...

Pass them love, strength and lots of hope to her family... The candles have been lit for added prayer... 

rep

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 06:11:59 AM »
~sends her prayers~

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • WEBMAZE Mod
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
Hes, my heart goes out to Hannah's family .. My prayers for Hannah have never stopped, nor will they.. She is one of God's special children.. However long her stay on this earth, she has touched many with her spirit and her strength..

I will keep her in my daily thoughts and prayers.. Please if you would.. tell her that she is loved by those who may not know her face, but know her in their hearts and to never give up... (Like she needs to be reminded, that tough little cookie)

God's strength to her and her family..
*hugs*
woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Hesprit of Turia

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »
Thanks to everyone.  I have been passing along the word of all the prayers and support coming Hannah's way.

For the record, I was told today that there has been at least some improvement.  Hannah is not out of the woods yet, her blood pressure still fluctuates and keeps wanting to stay low, although the sepsis that was associated with the fevers and this particular "episode" is improving.

It's definitely a good start!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 09:37:56 PM »
Every lil bit helps. *S*

OUTSTANDING!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »
indeed it is.. welcome news
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Hesprit of Turia

Re: Hannah seriously needs our prayers again NEW UPDATE
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 06:40:26 PM »
Hannah is home from the hospital!  The doctors still seem to believe a serious flu was a part of the problem, although not all of it.  If I'm understanding everything correctly, the infection that set in was secondary to the original flu and due to the reduced abilities to fight infection, the other problems developed from there.

At this point, though, it appears the infection and sepsis have been elimated.   Hannah is continuing with antibiotics for now, as a precaution, but much of her strength seems to be returning so she was allowed to go back home.  They are still monitoring her blood pressure on a very regular basis since it had been so low.  It is still lower than "ideal" for a girl Hannah's age, but apparently the fluctuations in it are not as bad as they had been before

Hannah's family, and especially her grandmother, send their thanks for the thoughts and prayers already given, and ask that, in addition to those continuing, a prayer of thanks also be sent along.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »
consider it as done

and well wishs contuine
..you can not grasp it.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
Outstanding!!!

Tell her to stay out of the hospital now... as being stuck in there is my job.

;)