Author Topic: 1 Year Old and the Doctor says...  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
1 Year Old and the Doctor says...
« on: February 27, 2009, 08:51:43 AM »
He's perfect as always.  ;D

22 lbs 15 oz (so.. round up, and he's 23 lbs), 29 inches long (1 more inch and he'll be 2 1/2 feet tall already!), and 17.5 inches head circumference.  He's growing just fine.  Though he's only gained 1 lb and 8 ounces in the last three months.  I know this is because he's started to work it off a little with the crawling, and the standing and then bouncing, but still, I feel like I'm not feeding my kid enough.  But since Doc ain't worried, I'm not worried.

Now for the really hard part.  Getting rid of the bottle and pacifier.  Oye.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
Re: 1 Year Old and the Doctor says...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »
ouch screaming kid ... lol woo hoo on the good news
bye bye!

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
well....the weaning comes with time and patience....but nah...Bubby is well fed hon~laughs and sends slobber kisses to those beautifully chubby cheeks of his~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
;)

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 01:05:08 PM »
Yay! the little man is all growed up!

-chuckles-

sorry I was practicing!  ;D

Ok yay! the little man is one years old and totally perfect!

Offline snare{AD}

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »
Get tired of it. Just mail him to me. >_>
...you call me a bitch...
...like it's a bad thing...

Offline ki

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
he is a beast. steel bound..he does not change..he goes on... tho the day passes on leaden feet.. and the sky weeps.. he goes on ..

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 04:25:27 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the boy.  And there is nothing wrong with him still having his pacifier.  He is only 1 for crying out loud.  As he has growing pains, he will want something to chew on so why not let it be his pacifier?

Raz

Offline Amber

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »
Cause the Doc says.. by 15 months.. no bottle.. no pacifier.  After a certain point, sucking on a pacifier will mess up his teeth.  I think.  I don't know, that's just what she said.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
I aint a doc but I suppose that all these kids walking about at the age of 2 and 3 with pacifiers all have messed up teeth?

I dont think so.  Simply because those are baby teeth.  They fall out.  And are replaced.  Few more times.  Before their adult teeth are set.

You are J's mom, not the Doctor.  The doctor makes a suggestion as to what they feel might be protocol, but isnt always the go ahead.  But, tell you what, take away the pacifier.  When that boy starts wailing, and you get a head ache, let's see how fast you pop that pacifier back in his mouth.  LOL.

Raz

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »
*agrees with Raz*

LOL  *loves on Bubby*
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Amber

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »
Headache... -whimpers-  I hate children walking around at age 2 and 3 with pacifiers.. it's right up there with 8 year olds still breast feeding. -icks-  We'll break him of it.  When Beau has two days off in a row.. we'll throw em out.. and I'll let him deal -ducks and runs-

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »
pacifiers gone by 18 months is early enuff... but then you gots nothing to worry bout till he hits his teens then it will be another kind of pacifier he seeks.. *grins knows this to be true seein as my oldest grandson is goin on 14 and found the stash of grandpa books he spent about an hour in the bathroom...lol*  bottle well that is up to you.. sippy cup works and either one or two bottles aday till about 2 is still ok sometimes the nite one is just so the cuddle is still there with either mom or dad before sleep time... if he ever has trouble sleepin a small yougart before sleep helps... ( that is of course if he likes that stuff) hmmmmmmm what other words of wisdom can I give ya.. hmmmmmmm nope can't think of a thing seein as you are doing a fantastic job already... congrats hun on makin this major milestone still sane...

sends lov to the lil man....
duckie rules

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 06:33:27 AM »
all I can say is that mine dropped their pacifiers on their own.  justin  went to his thumb and had a callous on it. possum  just tossed hers out of the crib...... now the bottle was a different story...because justin held onto his for a while. and while my kids both have had need of orthodontic work... its not because of a bottle or a paci...... its because they inherited their mothers small mouth and have a serious issue with too many teeth crowding.  the reason the docs want to see them off the bottle by 15 months is because of tooth decay.... the sugars have a tendancy to stay on the teeth longer with the bottle than say a sippy cup.  but then again the worst cases are those that are putting things like mountain dew in a baby bottle.  regular juice and water and such don't mess them up... and neither does whole milk. Amber your an amazing mom and doing a great job.... he's healthy.... he's obviously strong....don't doubt your own instincts..  he's a year old.... and has a whole lifetime of giving you grey hair ahead.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »
I dont even have kids and I have gray hair in abundance now.  Even on my chin whiskers like my room av.  *grumbles*

Raz