Author Topic: No more spin-offs.. Please  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
No more spin-offs.. Please
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
Just a small little rant concerning Networks and their incessant need for spin-off shows.  I was watching the Steelers game today and saw a promo for NCIS Los Angeles...............

Not that I wouldn't mind watching Chris O'Donnel and L.L. Cool J's fine asses for an hour every week, but seriously?!?

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

There are entirely too many Law and Orders.. Too many CSI's (and yet they keep Miami on, quite possibly the worst one, with that ginger headed one expressioned FREAK).. Now we're gonna break off and have ANOTHER NCIS?

And I'm not even going to get into the Friends spin-off of Joey.

Ridiculous.

End rant

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
Re: No more spin-offs.. Please
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »
Yet people wonder why I refuse to sit and watch tv on a regular basis. -smirks n goes-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
 i have not seen NCIS Los Angeles yet.. not sure if i am going to like it or not but i do watch NCIS and law and order all the time ...i will have to look into that...

but i do agree they do have to many spin offs..

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »
well I love law in order... and its nice that I can watch the kinds that I like... [svu and criminal intent] but.... who watches CSI? -shrugs- besides flame apparently everyone I know is an either or kinda person...  but this new CSI trying to copy the lovely duo of iced tea and that crazy white guy... is just not gonna happen... althougth I must admit, ll cool j is way more nicer to look at

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »
Screw all that wannabe fairytale shit on tv.

Chat instead!!!

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
i watch all the CSIs have all the pc games as well
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »
I saw the pilot for NCIS: LA and absolutely love it, in fact was ecstatic that it was picked up for the upcoming fall season. I have always watched NCIS, will not miss an episode, when we didn't have cable or access to it, I have found some way to watch the episodes I missed. CSI: LV, Miami and NY are okay, though we are going to watch more of LV since they are bringing Jorja Fox back, which should be interesting, since the last time we saw her, she met up with Grissom when he went down to South America, or wherever they went when Grissom left the show. Law & Order, I watch each and every one of them, but now with Jay Leno taking up the entire M-F 10p slot with his damn show, I won't be able to catch them on TV, but on line. ~grumbles loudly about Jay Leno and his possible killing of any thought of NBC ratings or lifespan~

*start rant*
I remember the time of variety shows, once a week, one or two people come out to talk with the host for a few minutes each, then a musical guest, then that was it for the week, but now... SOMEONE ~coughslenocoughs~ decides to make a variety/late night show not just once a week but for the entire week, knocking out any ideas of bringing in any good shows that should be on at 10p, and will more than likely be killed off because they will be up against better shows on different channels. ~shakes my head~

Maybe it's the start of the new time of television, but to me, I miss the times of once a week variety shows. My days of childhood memories of special shows are now gone, to be replaced by too much reality shows. There are some that are worth watching, but 75% of the reality shows are not worth the time nor energy to put on the air, at least in my opinion. At least I can thank Hulu.com, Fancast.com or even Youtube.com to take me back to my childhood, where I can pull up shows that were part of dreams, or expectations of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Emergency!, Family Ties, M*A*S*H*, St. Elsewhere, and Mork & Mindy where shows that were something that families could sit together each night and watch their favorite shows. But now our lives are filled with reality shows left, right, and front and center, and then we have Jay Leno who has brought his late night show to prime time, because he believes he's all that and more. /rant

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »
Yeah...well, see this tells me something about all of you that actually know what is going on with those spin offs and shows...

YOU WATCH TOO MUCH TV!![/b]

Offline Melanie

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 10:01:36 PM »
I'll admit...I watch a lot of movies....but I have to agree with Raz on this one....

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 11:22:39 PM »
Raz,

I love you and all... but you are so wrong... [okay amber watches too much tv... lol kidding] but people like me? I watch one show... maily because I dont have cable, but I dont watch TV, im always super behind, and so im left never watching the good shows [never seen a single episode of true blood] and dont get me started on wolverine and the x-men, which im dying to watch past the first episode but cant because of the fact that nicolodeon online eats my bandwith, and there is always some one using part of my internet, and the next person who calls me while they are watching that load of awesome-ness is going on my shit list... but shows like SVU? are worth the money I shell out so that I can buy the stoopid DVD's cause I feel bad downloading it cause I really like the show...

the spin offs that take up all the time that I do manage to steal the TV away from either video games and or football... well those piss me off, just like the new teenage mutant ninja turtles show... I finally get ahold of the remote so I can watch some cartoons and the TMNT's have totally gone ass backwards, maybe it was that one episode.. and I know i didnt watch the show much as a kid but damn...

and dont get me started on power rangers...

/rant

and by the way... I still love you

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 04:20:54 AM »
I'm sorry but they killed the original CSI when they took Grishom off of it  (Or however you spell it).  Not really that much of a fan of the others in that franchise though..  As for Law and Order, I like most of them, but not one of these that never miss a show, I tend to catch them on reruns a lot.  Now NCIS, that show I love!  and the new LA one does look good, but am waiting to see on it before I say anything more.

-lol at Raz-  I don't watch it as much as I used to, mainly now it's at work to pass the time since I don't get online to chat during that time.  When I'm at home, the time is more toward family and chat. 

Okay so that takes care of my thoughts for now.  I think...hmm.  -grins-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »
*Scratches my head wondering wtf a power ranger is*

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »
-sighs- poppa, power rangers was this like live action show with like all kids/ teen who were cast in it, it had alot of good values, it was all in all an awesome show, but as the kids who watched it got older, they kept making new versions of the show, last I knew they had the same aliens as their mortal enemy on their team and they were fighting like dinosaurs.... far cry from some neon colored kids teaching about team work...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 02:16:54 AM »
-sighs- poppa, power rangers was this like live action show with like all kids/ teen who were cast in it, it had alot of good values, it was all in all an awesome show, but as the kids who watched it got older, they kept making new versions of the show, last I knew they had the same aliens as their mortal enemy on their team and they were fighting like dinosaurs.... far cry from some neon colored kids teaching about team work...

:-*

Hey... At least I knew what the mutated turtle ninja things were!!!

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
Yes.. the show was as gay as it looks like it would be in this picture....

This is of course after Tommy (who WAS the GREEN Power Ranger) became the WHITE Power Ranger (don't ask, my brother was enthralled and I had to watch, my Mom made me).