Author Topic: My absence...  (Read 736 times)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
My absence...
« on: June 07, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »
In addition to the demands of a complicated home life on my normally hectic schedule, I am in the midst of career-related crunch-time hell.  School ends for my students on Monday, June 12th, and we teachers are officially done a day later.  Right now, my life is a daze of paper grading, deadlines, and sleep deprivation.  And, because the school district decided not to renew my temporary contract and make it permanent, I'm conducting a massive, frantic job hunt for next school year.  Besides all this, my friend from Annapolis is visiting on Saturday, after six months of our clashing schedules preventing us from hanging out.  This means that any last-minute paper grading will have to be done on Sunday, which completely K.O.'s my weekend.  In short, I don't expect to have any online time until Wednesday the 14th.

As for all the time I've been gone in the past few weeks... I can only say that my schedule has kept me completely overworked, overwhelmed, and exhausted for so long that I don't remember what a relaxing weekend or a stress-free weeknight is like!

Miss you guys...

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: My absence...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:24:41 PM »
*huggers*

hang in there.  ;) :-*