Author Topic: Domenic Cirillo Shot  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Bridget Martin

Domenic Cirillo Shot
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:24:22 PM »
July 14thth, 2005
Channel 2 CBS News
By Bridget Martin

Breaking news!!

In what the police believe was a gangland hit attempt on the life of Diego Farina, CEO of Genovese Enterprises, three people are dead and one was seriously wounded.

The attack occurred around 2:30 pm in front of Mr. Farina's Four Season Supper Club. Three men in a black Mercedes sedan drove up and opened fire on Farina, Domenic Cirillo, and Farina's chauffer and body guard, Furio Giunta, as they left the establishment.

Mr. Cirillo was hit three times in the chest with bullets from an automatic rifle or machine gun and he's currently still in surgery where doctors are attempting to stave the internal bleeding and save his life.

Both Farina and Giunta were struck by bullets, but their protective vests saved them from permanent damage.

Lt. Joseph Friday of the NYPD Robbery/Homicide Division stated that three other men in the Mercedes were killed in an explosion and fire that erupted when a bullet found the gas tank. They were burned badly and the Medical Examiner is still trying to establish their identities.

We hope to have more information in our late night news.

Offline Diego Farina

• Genovese Enterprises
Re: Domenic Cirillo Shot
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:01:51 PM »
I spent the afternoon in the hospital as they operated on Domenic Cirillo. I knew it was that damn Dante Zasa I had seen shooting directly at me from the rear window in the Mercedes. At least he was now dead and out of the way.

I had reached Madison Cirillo on my cell phone right after the attack, telling her that her father had been shot and seriously wounded. I wasn't sure if he'd survive. He had  informed me just before we were leaving the Four, that he had just told Maddie everything about her past, her now living mother, Justine Delancy, and her twin sister, Sophie Delancy.

While I waited, Lt. Joe Friday arrived and I gave him my Glock, the licensed weapon I'd use to defend us in the attack. He said it would be returned after they finished wrapping up this case. I told him Cirillo was still under the knife. He asked me if I had any idea what causes the attack. I said I really couldn't say, but he stared at me knowing I wasn't wearing a vest unless I knew there might be trouble. He shrugged and left, knowing the ME would eventually identify the three bodies that found in the burned up Mercedes.

I was sitting there in the waiting room thinking when the surgeon walked in. He said the surgery was complete and Cirillo was now in the recovery room. He wasn't hopeful that Cirillo would be able to recover from the nasty wounds. One lung had collapsed and there was a lot of internal bleeding. They're giving him transfusions, but he was awfully weak.

I called Maddie and left her a message and directions to the hospital. I told her he wasn't awake yet or able to see visitors and that I planned to stay there and wait until she arrived.

Then I called Ben, telling him what had happened and asking him to try and locate Sophie and advise her of her father's condition.

Offline Bridget Martin

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:20:14 PM »
July 14thth, 2005

Good evening, Bridget Martin, Channel 2 CBS Five o'clock News

In a follow up to our breaking news report earlier in the day, Domenic Cirillo is still alive after a two hour surgery at New York City hospital. He hasn't regained consciousness yet and he's still listed as serious. The only doctor we could reach said things don't look promising.

I did get several minutes with Mr. Diego Farina who was standing by at the hospital hoping his friend and former Genovese Enterprises CEO will survive. He said he has no idea what precipitated this vicious attack.

Dr. Garret Macy, NYPD Medical Examiner, told me they have finally identified the three men that died in the car fire. Dante Zasa, Greg DeMolio and the driver, Bart Bastillio. The weapons used in this attack were recovered from the wreckage.

It seems that after a period of peace, New York City has suddenly erupted with more gangland style murders. Two foreigners from Germany and several Russians were found dead in the last few weeks.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said that every effort is being made to track down the sources of these attacks and make the city safe again for tourists and local citizens alike.

Offline Aspen Starwood

• TAWANDA!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »
((As Elspeth Wise))

There a buzz of activity in the lab when I came in.  I was there for almost an hour when I heard someone mention a shooting on Mr. Farina and that the detectives were thinking "gang related".  That got me thinking.  What would Farina be doing that would involved a gang?  I started questioning the techs. 

At first they were a bit reluctant to give me any details since it was Jeff's case.  However, my hightly persuasive attitude quickly had them seeing the light.  It's good to be the fridged witch at times.  Doesn't hurt that I'm the boss. 

Eventually I found out some rather earth revolving news.  The detectives that work on our 'mob' cases have been investigated the Genovese Family for a while.  Family!  Not company.  It took a while to sink in...then I started putting two and two together...I got more than I originally thought and I started seeing red. 

I immediately went to my office and shut the door before dialing Jeff's number.  Just my luck, he wasn't answering.  I left him a message.

This is El.  You remember that night before I left you said something about "playing with fire" when you talked about Ben.  I wish to hell you had told me sooner.  Seems I've been played for a complete fool.  I'm no one's fool, Jeff.  I want to be brought up to speed.  I don't care what it takes.  Nights, days, weekends...hell, I'll even spend time with Moore if I need to.  Just leave me a time, place, and I'll be there.

I hung up.  Since I wasn't really suppose to be here this evening anyway, I left for the day.  I'm in no mood to handle delicate testing.  I'm in a mood to smash something.  Too bad I don't have anymore breakables in my apartment. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 05:01:29 PM by Aspen Starwood »

Offline quiet one

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 05:34:21 PM »
(typists note...when Diego called Maddie at home she immediately left for the hospital...so she would have been there when he came out of surgery and would be remaining with him by  his side...there was no need to Diego to call and give her directions after the surgery as she would be there...so she would have heard first hand from the surgeon the news of her father...)
...the power to do good comes from deep within your soul...

Offline Diego Farina

• Genovese Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 08:24:52 AM »
When I arrived on Friday morning, I found Maddie sleeping in the waiting room and a priest in with Domenic. The priest told me as he left that Dom might not make it through the day and had been given his last confession.

I entered and found Dom hazy, but awake. He looked pale and his voice was almost a whisper. I had always had access to Cirillo's Cayman accounts where I distributed his share of our profits monthly. He told me that Maddie was his onlly benificiary in his Sicily will and that there was over 4 million dollars in that account.

What he wants me to do is add Maddie's name in his place in the Cayman's account. He plans to ask her to manage a one million dollar account for Justine, and add a one million dollar account for Sophie. As their accounts are used, she is to replace it from her account. I'm to shift his share of our profits over to Maddie through that account.

Then he asked me to wake her up and send her in.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 09:04:59 AM by Diego Farina »

Offline Diego Farina

• Genovese Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »
Domenic Cirillo passed away this morning shortly after 1:00 pm ET with Maddie at his side.

We'll be using the private jet to take his body back to Sicily tonight. The funeral will be held early next week.

Ben Bravio is in charge during my absence.