Author Topic: MacLaaran Village  (Read 80263 times)

Aurora

Re: MacLaaran Village
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 03:16:21 PM »
~feeling mischievous... sending a large crate to the castle marked for Sir Tristram... when opened out comes several kilt wearing dancing sheep.~

~a note reads~  Dear Captain.. I hope you enjoy this entertainment. See you soon. Warm regards, Aurora.

Offline Sir Tristram

• A Rogue by nature, a Flirt by choice
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 05:48:35 PM »
*laff'n*.........Ya know, somehow this reminds Me of M'ole buddy James when he cut loose down at the tavern........*L* 

and nae worry M'pretty, I'll be send'n You a lil something too.........*lil grin*

Aurora

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2006, 10:45:37 AM »
~a messenger arrives at the Castle, leaving a parcel and a letter for Captain de Liones~

Captain,
I enjoyed the visit with You when You traveled to SEM the other evening.
I hope We can arrange for a time to spend another enjoyable time
together. I've sent with this letter a gift for You. I hope it fits.

Always, Aurora

~the messenger leaves the letter and parcel on the Captain's chair~

Offline HavuneWul

• You want sheep? I've got sheep.
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2006, 01:36:52 PM »
**seems another messenger arrives to the Castle, leaving a note on Sir Kyle's chair**

Again, I hope You enjoy Your new room, M'Lord. Please pass along any references. ~signed~ Havune Wul, Licensed Decorator

http://tesia.proboards17.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Roleplay&thread=1152995211
Havune Wul
Licensed Decorator

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »
*seeing the two messengers and the decorator enter... then leave .. chuckles at how the Lords seem to be getting stuck with animals... First Tris with sheep .. and now Kyle with rabbits*

*then a mischievious grin appears on Mine face... slipping out to make the arrangements ... fabricates two pens... one on each side of the castle.. each slightly into the moat for water sake and enough land for intended animals to graze as needed.*

*arranging with the local farmers, two sheep with three lambs and a sheep dog are placed in the first pen on the left near a guard tower.  four rabbits with protective burrows are placed in the second pen on the right side of the castle*

*heading over to the home of a craftsman I trust, have two signs made*

*first sign:
Tristham's Second Little Bit Of Heaven
(Teasable Ladies Being The First)
grins as it is placed securely in the middle of the sheep pen*

*second sign:
Kyle's Second Bit Of Heaven
(His Cherrished lava Always First)
and quietly secures it in the middle of the rabbit pen*

*slipping back into the castle.. tacks notes to three castle chamber doors:

RaeAnn, There be a sheep dog who would love Yer care in a pen on the left side of the castle
(note is NOT signed and attached to a shephards staff leaning on RaeAnn's door)

Tristham, Here is to Yer second bit o heaven on the left side o the castle
(again note NOT signed and sits atop a keg o the best scottish ale just to the right o Tris's chamber door)

Kyle, Saw Ye liked warm fuzzy things. More can be found on the right side o the castle
(again note NOT signed and sits atop a rabbit fur just to the right o Kyle's chamber door)

*then pays seth a silver coin and a tankard o good ale to keep quiet bout the source o the animal gifts*

*then quietly heads back to Mine cottage where Mine lovely Damiana awaits what she thought was a two day trip to Edinburg... wrapped gift in hand (a large pillow cross stitched with several medicinal herbs surrounding an aloe plant on one side and damiana plant on the other side)*

Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Sir Tristram

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »
think'n wow, this has been better than M'birthday  First I find a note and parcel in M'chair with a great set of new clothes, for which I owe a certain lil Lady *G*   Then I step outside M'chamber door and find a fine keg of Scottish ale... I'm not sure what I've done right for a change, but will surely enjoy these two gifts.  *lil grin*

but now for the life of Me, I have to wonder about all them sheep that suddenly appeared.  I just know lava will be keep'n an eye on them and for the pranksters with their baaaaaaaadddddddd comments....*L*

and the rabbits???........I'm not even going to ask........*L*

Offline Lady RaeAnn

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2006, 06:45:55 PM »
*smiles softly* Thank you to whoever left the beautiful collie pup for me ..she's wonderful and is a very fast learner with the sheep.. Im slowly getting them used to her.  Her name is Sophie... *looks at her and tries not to laugh cause she has a pair of Tris's tights hanging out of her mouth* Ummm yeah..sorry Tris she accidently got into your room and snagged a pair of your tights...*makes a face and whispers* I think she likes em cause they S-T-I-N-K... *goes into a giggle fit* anyways ummm sorry bout that. 

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »
~softly chuckling as her thoughts wander, distracting her from work to be done in the shoppe.  Taking a moment to look around at the newest bolts of fabric to yet be put away, thinking she will never get it done unless she does something to clear her mind~

~sitting down behind the counter, looking out the large window that faces toward the village street, musing as she grins and takes a sheet of parchment and quill...crossing one leg over the other as she sighs dreamily and leans an elbow to the cool surface as she starts scrawling~

~giggling as she idly scribbles, laughing, feeling like a little girl....as she used to "doodle" quite often....softly smiling though as she forms the letters...realizing that's it's hours yet before it's time.  Having recieved his missive earlier, only making her more impatient for the evening to roll around~

~touching her tongue to her lips thoughtfully, too thoughtfully as she sighs warmly....lightly brushing her hand over the now dry ink on the parchment~

~chuckling softly as she puts aside the drawing to try and get some work done..perhaps making the day move more quickly~
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:07:37 PM by Serenitee »
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2006, 11:22:27 AM »
September 23, 1320
On Thursday I wandered into the library to discover that the entire shelf of MacLaaran history books was missing. I started asking everybody if they had taken them somewhere to study our past, but nobody had a clue. It's possible that this is just some prank, something Sugar and Spice might do.

On Friday I smelled cinnamon and walked in the scullery where Rita was cutting up fresh baked apple pie for Tim. I asked for a piece too and she added home made ice cream to top it off.

When lava showed up, she jokingly declined my offer of a "lick", saying "maybe later". She headed straight back in the library to see if the missing history books had been returned. No such luck. She even found a threat written in the dust on the shelf, "You will pay!"

Michael MacDougal arrived around that time, looking for lava. He wanted lava to give abby the weekend off so Michael could take her to Hollywell for the weekend faire.

After some conversation, lava begrudgingly agreed to get up early to open her Coffee Shoppe herself over the weekend. She did insist that Michael make sure that abby was safe and enjoyed the weekend. Michael just smiled as he said not to worry and I had to smile knowing what kind of plans he no doubt had in mind.

Serenitee arrived while we were chatting and I introduced her to Michael. He said that his younger sister had often purchased clothing in Seren's dress shoppe.

When lava said that Rita was offering fresh baked apple pie topped with home made ice cream, Michael answered with, "I'd love a piece....... *fumbling as I realize my foopah*.... of pie.............. *stammering*.... with ice cream..... Aye... that would be nice." I couldn't help laughing out loud.

Seren took only a bowl of the ice cream, and lava served them both in her normal classic style. While they ate, we discussed some of the books in the library

We asked Michael about the missing history books and his response was, "Books..... nope..... I have read a few in the past...... but no, are some missing?"

Seren just stammered, " Errr.....nay.....the only volumes I borrowed....were.....some other tales.."

I suggested perhaps Seren was reading lava's Vampire Chronicles and her face turned a nice pink as she blushed.

Michael said he would be quite interested in anything that lava wrote and this time it was lava blushing. Cute! I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Michael in the library, no doubt looking for bed time stories.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2006, 05:18:22 PM »
Library books missing? Oh my... What next?  The discussion that eve left many a question.
A few days later, I found a lass fiddling with books in the Library.. and such suspicious manners too.
Following up that eve with kyle found the books were being returned to the library for her Mistress.. the lovely Serenitee.  But as was soon discovered, these were nay the books Kyle had referred to.  Dang... thought I had solved the puzzle only to be wrong.  Oh well.

Time doest fly too quickly.  Yet only a few more days.. and I wast off again to visit those slacking craftsmen.
Sailing off on the Mandrake Rogue, didst stop in one port to discuss the quality of metals and woods for Kyles Carriage shoppe... making sure they were quite aware knotty wood and lower grade metals were nay acceptable to Mine high quality standards.  After threatening to take Mine lucrative business elsewhere, and a few ales later... didst get a new agreement so Kyle could keep making His high quality carriages.

Then it was oft to the next port where I had to deal diplomatically with the weavers for better quality bats of material.  Lots of knots in the fabric just would not suit Mine customers of royalty status.  Nay to mention the frustrations of Serenitee's shoppe.

Now be off to see the printing suppliers... thinned ink just nay right... and quills that break.....and doest make printing a royal task.  And they WILL hear from Me!

Once Mine business with the printer is complete, plans were made to travel to the northern Scottish festivals where I will meet with new suppliers and see what new quality merchandise I can bring back. Oh.. and must look for something for Tris... and for RaeAnn... Hmmmmm

Each day goes by and I oft think o Mine lovely Damiana and how much I miss Her near.  Then deciding to visit a bit south before the festival, I find a nomadic people with odd curved tipped wide blades.  This would be a most unusual gift for Mine Love. Bargaining with them, took some time.  Still a quality blade wast found suitable and bargained for a good price.

Pondering the mystery of those books... always curiously wondering ... who could have been so.... secretly borrowing... wondering if that MacDougal Lord had any hand in the matter.  Will find out someday soon.
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »
I'm leaving for Edinburgh on Monday. I plan to meet wi' King Robert the Bruce and discuss Our plans to officially purchase Castle MacLaaran and the surrounding lands. There has been no true owner since the last of the MacLaarans died or disappeared. We have been paying the taxes on the land to the Crown for over ten years, so I'm sure I can negotiate a reasonable price to transfer the ownership over to Us.

The missing MacLaaran history books concerns Me. We don't need competition that might create some confusion regarding ownership or jack up the price.

I hope to have the title for MacLaaran in Our hands before the end of Octiber.

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2006, 08:35:09 AM »
I was pleased when Sir Tristram agreed to join Me on the trip to Edinburgh. He will attend the meeting with King Robert and support Our interest in purchasing the MacLaaran lands. He's promised not t' lead Me into any strange taverns or dens of inequity during the trip. (Honest, lava, we'll behave.... just a few tankards of ale)

Offline Sir Tristram

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
Aye M'Friend, I'm ready for a lil road trip  *L*
Let Me know when You plan on hitting the road, I've got the stable boys tak'n good care of the horses, mak'n sure they're well fed and groomed. 

I look forward to the meeting and hop'n we can hammer (and no cheap advertisement toward M'tavern *L*) out a good deal, one that will make us more happy than the one's on the throne. 

and trust Me lava, I'll nay lead him astray, I nay need any more lumps on M'head......*chuckles* 

Offline Sir Tristram

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2006, 02:58:07 PM »
makes a note here as to why one reads emails before post'n  *L*

ummmm nay mind the question about leav'n, I see we already have.....  *grins* 

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2006, 11:55:33 AM »
((chuckling at Tris... Ye can modify posts in here.... The following post is something role played in the room and edited down... remember We can't really hear this, but maybe We can get Michael to spill his guts?))

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: *seeing Douglas waiting on the porch of the farm house..... reigning in my horse... tossing his reins over the wooden railing out front*.... Hi...

Douglas MacDougal - Clan Leader NPC
says to Michael MacDougalNPC: We need to talk, Michael..........

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: What?.... *walking up on the porch .... sitting down in one of the other chairs.... leaning it back against the front of the now huge farm house*.... You look serious.... what's wrong?

Douglas MacDougal Clan Leader NPC
says to Michael MacDougalNPC: It's you and that wench you're courting that bothers me.....

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: I really like abby.... and she's not a wench...... she works at lava's Coffee Shoppe.....

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: Well what ever you do.... don't marry her some night when you're drunk and getting laid........ I need you to marry somebody with money..... one of the Scottish upper crust

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: *angry but restraining Myself*........... Why would some noble Lady want to marry a commoner like Me?...

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: It happens......... You're a good looking dude.... that's why abby likes you...... *chuckling a little*..... but that's not the point.... I want a shot at the MacLaaran lands........

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: *stunned*........ Ye took those Mac history books..... didn't Ye?

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: Yep...... research..... Ye realize there are no more apparent MacLaaran's left...... and Robert MacLaaran knocked up Sarah MacDougal before We slit His throat...... what ever child she spawned would be half MacLaaran and half MacDougal........... that gives Us more right to the MacLaaran lands than any of those people living over there......

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: We've never seen whether she even had that baby... and even so... they never returned.... Ye'll never find them

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: True.... but that doesn't change Our rights..... I checked.... that Kyle dude o'er there is paying the taxes on the land..... but they have no true ownership rights...... If we can garner up some cash.... we can meet with King Robert and buy the land out from under them.... and toss their damn insolent asses out of here

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: So... Ye want Me to go romance some rich Lady.... marry her.... and provide the funds for Your plan...

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: Of course..... then We can both get rich.......what's wrong with that?

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: But.... I think I might actually love abby........ and.........

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: *cutting Ye off short*..... Ye can always use that wench as Yer mistress.... bang her on the side... the best of both worlds.... Use Yer head man......... hell, use both heads

Michael MacDougal NPC
says to Douglas MacDougalClan Le: Ye're crazy..... *getting up.... stomping in the house*

says to Michael MacDougalNPC: *yelling after Ye*...... Think about it..... if Ye marry that wench Ye'll be busting Yer ass to scratch out a mere living the rest of Yer life… if Ye marry a Lady Ye can dip Yer wick in them both… and be wealthy to boot…..