Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 12/7/08  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 12/7/08
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
What's Happening!! - 12/7/08
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
I had to be up early, showered, dressed and waiting in the lobby downstairs when Diego pulled up to take us to the airport. We were flying down to Washington for the New York Giants game with the Redskins. We watched the game in a politician's luxury suite that he'd prefer I not name here in my column.

Our Giants flat out dominated the stumbling, tumbling Washington Redskins, 23 to 7. We now have 12 wins and only one loss and look every bit like last year's Super Bowl champions. Domenick Hixon has stepped up in replace of Plastic Man, aka Plaxico Burress, who added to his injuries by shooting himself in the leg last week. He was attending a party in the Latin Quarter while packing an illegal gun.

Burress turned himself in at the 17th police precinct in Manhattan about 8 a.m. Monday. A detective later said Burress had been charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree. If convicted of such a charge, Burress could face several years in prison, according to New York state law. Even without a conviction, the NFL could discipline Burress under its personal conduct policy. Commissioner Roger Goodell would have the final word on any league disciplinary action.

Our Giants will be facing the Eagles this week at 1:00 pm in Giants Stadium in New Jersey, so this time we'll be hosting Skinny Joey Merlino and his mistress, Jenny. With no sign of Joe Black in two weeks, I knew the wagers might include me again. Go Giants!!

I was surprised that I heard nothing from Gina Reynolds all week. I had set her up with a no doubt, high paying, major secret job, but expected some sort of a report.

I spent Saturday night at dinner with Diego and we returned to his mansion in the Upper East Side. He seemed quite pleased that I agreed to spend the night in his bed. He set me up in his office to finish this column and fax it in before we retired for the night.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, December 9th at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be offering Rachel Tatellio's self written play, Innocence. She's giving me the role of Lady Emma Blythe and I can't wait to read the script.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:59:16 AM by Rachel »