Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 12/21/08  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 12/21/08
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »
What's Happening!! - 12/21/08
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Diego picked me up early last Sunday morning and we caught a flight to Dallas where we watched the late Sunday night game between our Giants and the Cowboys in petroleum millionaire Mathew Clifton's luxury suite. His  21 year old grandson Clifford, who plays tight end for the Texas Longhorns was there and joined us for lunch at the family mansion before we headed to the game that afternoon.

While Diego and Mathew were making their typical financial wagers, Cliff took me for a walk in the gardens. He's one very large and handsome young man who spent that hour teasingly hitting on me. I asked him what his girlfriend might think of his efforts. He laughed and said he wasn't currently engaged, just playing the field so to speak. We wound up making a wager of our own, so after the 20 to 8 Cowboy win, I had to accompany him back to his room in the mansion and pay my dues. Needless to say, after I made him happy, he returned the favor more than once. Diego thought it was hilarious and he never stopped teasing me on the Monday flight home.

The loss to Dallas made the upcoming home game with the Carolina Panthers important if our Giants want to maintain home field advantage in the playoffs. Of course I'll be watching that game with Diego on Sunday night and he's invited Rachel and Jon to join us. At least this week I should be able to stay out of trouble. By the way, I noticed that Rachel is now wearing an ankle bracelet with Jon's name on it. I asked if that meant she was engaged, but she just laughed and said it was a Christmas present.

On Friday I invited Nelle Porter, the New York City District Attorney and a good friend of mine, to lunch at the Palm Court. While we enjoyed lunch I passed along a few tips on that Nidda Head murder case. She was pleased enough to actually insist on picking up the check for lunch. Helping the law never hurts.

Saturday night I attended the annual Christmas party that Diego always hosts at his Four Seasons Supper Club. Diego arrived with one of his rubbish truck drivers dressed up as Santa Claus in tow. Santa handed out various earring pairs to the ladies. Rach who was sitting there with Jon opened hers after I opened mine, nice diamond danglers. Yvette seemed  surprised and a little embarrassed, saying she would open hers Xmas morning.

Jason finally arrived in time to enjoy the party, and just in time to hear Rachel and Jon sinking Xmas songs, including a few humorous numbers that had us all laughing. I went home with Diego and will fax this before we head to bed. We have  to be up early to drive over to Jersey for the Giants game.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, December 23rd the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be dark as Rachel stated that there will be no more plays until January due to all the holiday festivities.