Author Topic: Lindsay Davis Journal  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
Lindsay Davis Journal
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:43:05 PM »
Lindsay Davis Journal
===============
January 4, 2009

*sitting in my den after returning to New York City, smiling as I use my password to open my secret diary*

Well, well, well, diary, what a surprise on Sunday morning when I finally made it downstairs for brunch at the Palm Court. There sat my closest friend and confidante, Miss Innocence, Rachel Tatellio, obviously upset. Her eyes raked over me like I was a traitor.

I asked her what I might have done now that strained our relationship this much, surely not because I failed to show up for our morning walk/run. She said it wasn't that I didn't  show, it was why. "You slept with Gino, didn't you?"

Realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Although she never admitted it, she must have been with Gino in the past. I knew better than to enjoy sex with Mike Miller, even though that relationship has been replaced by Jon Bon Jovi, who I also know better than to toy with in any situation. I'd actually left them that night over a year ago that Jon suggested I stay for what might have turned into a little Menage' a Trois.

Somehow, I just didn't see this one coming. Yes, I'd enjoyed Gino last night, not only once but several times. He turned out to be every bit the man women notice hungrily behind the Four Seasons bar.

"Oh my God, you've slept with Gino, haven't you?", I muttered. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea. You've always denied my little humorous pokes at you about him." She refused to answer yes or no, but I knew.

Those nights when Mike Miller wasn't around and Gino helped her home after too much of her favorite wine. Neither she, nor he, ever admitted how those nights might have ended. And I suddenly knew why Gino had ignored one of my remarks about what Rachel must have missed over the years after he'd just taken me to heaven last night.

I apologized vociferously and after a bit she relaxed and accepted my apology, although she still wouldn't discuss it further.

The subject changed to the upcoming trial and I let her in on a few juicy secrets I was sure would pop up in the trial when Gina Reynolds took the witness stand. Gina, one of my major sources, had filled me in on the details regarding her efforts on behalf of first Charles Stiles and then Carla. Gina knows Charles wasn't home by 9:30 like Carla says. In fact, she believes that Charles probably killed Nidda Head, although she didn't stay long enough to catch the murder on film or possibly even prevent it.

What an interesting week! Many things I just can't mention in my gossip column.

*closing my diary with a little smile*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:47:41 PM by Lindsay Davis »