Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 1/18/09  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 1/18/09
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
What's Happening!! - 1/18/09
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Last Sunday Diego had us up at 6:00 am so we could shower, dress and head for the airport to pick up Skinny Joey Merlino and his mistress, Jenny. Joey was brimming with confidence, saying his Philadelphia Eagles were not only going to going to crush our New York Giants, they were also going to finally win that elusive Super Bowl this year.

Gino sat between Jenny and me on the other seat facing the back of the limo. It was obvious that Jenny liked what she saw of Gino and she asked flat out if he was included in the wager. Diego overheard her and asked Gino if he wanted included. Gino gave Jenny a clever once over  and  said  "Hell yeah" as long as the money part of the wager was strictly between Diego and Joey.

It was agreed that the only loser out of the bet would be either Diego or Joey. I volunteered  to pass this time, thinking of Rachel, but they weren't having any of that. I was in regardless or I would be dropped off at the curb.

The game was very exciting, with the score 10-8 Eagles at half time. But, although our Giants took an early 11-10 lead in the 3rd quarter, that was our last score in the game and the Eagles romped on to a 23-11 victory which Joey enjoyed immensely. It all worked out since I wound up paired off with Joey while Jenny enjoyed the night with Gino.

Mary seemed awfully smug at lunch this week as she informed me that Carl Cameron is back in the city. It turns out he went home to Portland, Oregon for the holidays without telling a soul. He was obviously a little depressed, Mary said, regarding the whole situation with Barbara Barton, that love affair that never panned out. He's sure that Cody Boyd was the man that shot him and Carl grilled her for almost an hour once he learned that Mary had actually met Cody on several occasions. Her reputation certainly wasn't helping matters, but Mary said she finally convinced him that there was actually nothing going on between her and Cody. What I wonder is how might  the novel end now that Carl is spending time with Mary.

Rachel's Tuesday night play, Innocence, was a kick and a half and I really enjoyed playing Lady Emma Blythe, the married woman that has an illicit affair with Harcourt the butler. My bedroom scene in the dimmed lights was quite erotic as I stripped down out of Emma's peignoir and sheer silk nightgown. Totally naked with bare breasts and using just my hand to cover my mound was exciting. We did use a sheet to cover us during the intimate faux sex scene, but my partner and  I certainly enjoyed it.

Rachel didn't want to discuss why she was flying to Dallas on Friday, putting me off with comments about it being research on a potential future play she was writing. I checked and  found no Jon Bon Jovi concert there this week. What is so damn secretive that she won't even tell me, her best friend, what's up there?

Saturday evening I stumbled on a man I'd never met before and we shared a drink in one of the many bars down near Rockefeller Center. I was interrupted by a text message on my Blackberry beckoning me away, but for some reason I think I might see this Michael fellow again.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, January 20th at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be dark as Rachel continues to run her plays on alternate weeks.