Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 1/25/09  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 1/25/09
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
What's Happening!! - 1/25/09
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Last Sunday I woke up in Diego's bed. He'd used my new Blackberry to reach me last Saturday night while I was sharing a drink with Michael West in the Blue Angel bar near Rockefeller Center. He asked me if I'd like to spend the night and stay to watch the two NFL championship games with him on his huge big screen TV. Even though our New York Giants are out after the stunning loss to the Eagles, these games will still be interesting. I'm never sure who else might be there, but I was sure there would be a few wagers involved.

Angela Black joined us. She was a bit concerned over the new CEO for Citibank, obviously hoping she would retain her position during the recent shakeups. She spent a lot of time alone with Diego upstairs, supposedly in his office discussing financials, but I could tell when they got back they found time for something else.

The games were great to watch with Kurt Warner winning the first game for his Cardinals over our hated Eagles. The Pittsburgh Steelers won the second game over the Baltimore Ravens which made me happy, even though Diego wasn't real happy over the spread.

Rumor has it that Columbia University history professor, Fred Harris, is back in town and  was seen at the Plaza Hotel with that sexy nurse Parker Munch. Interesting combination.

Monday evening it was Madison Cirillo that showed up as Tim and Rachel worked on their outfits for the upcoming Drop In at the Coffee Shop. Natalie Palermo and Aspen also showed up that night. They both have  previous commitments for the 31st.

Tuesday evening I spent busy night at the Four Seasons with Gino behind the bar. Vicki Jenkins was the first to arrive, back from LA where she said she enjoyed getting drunk with some of those male models they are using in her fashion design business.

Next that Michael fellow I met last week showed up with a beauty named Fiona Smith in tow. She was wearing a wedding ring, but why don't I think she's really his wife? I'll keep an eye on them.

Richard Sawyer was the next person in the door which led to some brisk conversation between him and Vicki. He was hitting on her as usual claiming all the women love him, with very little success. She even jokingly told him she'd finally have sex with him if he could score with the next female walking in the door. Quite a challenge, but he accepted.

The next person walking in was a gorgeous blonde named Charlotte Rose and Richard was all over her. Turns out she's a dancer and he now has her signing up with his talent agency. I did tick Vicki off a little by telling Charlotte that Richard was quite successful and had managed to get a young lady from France a part in a movie. Last, but not least it was that Fred Harris guy arriving with Parker Munch as his date.

In a very busy week I had brunch with Fiona and said I'd make an effort to get her a meeting with Diego Farina since she was looking for a handsome, wealthy, powerful, middle aged man to use as her prime character in her next novel. I told her I was sure Diego might enjoy spending some time with her. Mentally I pictured Diego in her pretty pants quickly. He is talented in that area.

Jason walked in with Yvette while we were there so I got the enjoyment of telling her about Charlotte Rose probably signing up with Richard Sawyer. She reversed the surprise by saying she think she might know this Charlotte. Interesting if that turns out to be true.

Jason started joking with Fiona and I loved her reply. " It's not a movie, silly man, it will be a book and you'll just be the young guy that competes with the older gentleman to win the hand, and bed, of course, of a sexy young lady like........ well like Yvette over there."

Yvette blushed as usual, but Fiona put her at ease saying, "No offense, that was meant as a compliment. You are quite attractive, you know."

Saturday night it was the Four Seasons again with Gino behind the bar. We were watching Brandy sing when another newcomer walked in, Trina Decker. She's an ex-stewardess that's now married to a pilot for American Airlines. He's just been transferred from Chicago and she's looking for a nice apartment while staying at the Plaza. I promised to hook her up with Beth Clark, who owns Clark Real Estate.

Bret Michaels walked in as Brandy was singing her last song up on stage. They've been dating for a very long time and he'll be staying at her place while he's in town. I left when they did and  got home just in time to fax in this column.

Entertainment
This Tuesday night, January 27th at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be dark as Rachel continues to run her plays on alternate weeks.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:26:41 PM by Lindsay Davis »