Author Topic: Migration Log  (Read 7818 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Migration Log
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »
Entry 1

RAGNAR

The camp formed up and made good progress breaking camp. All in all the weather was adequate for the purpose.

The camp has formed column and is encircling the now empty area, with the lead elements pointed towards Turia.

All the wagons and stock were tended when Raziel and I returned fom recon midday.

There was some accumulation of snow throught the night and the early morning ahns. We now see intermittent flurries with some additional accumulation... as well as cold temperatures though not nearly as cold as we have seen in the past.

Make ready to move as we can not waste much time. We need to resupply in Turia as soon as possible.

End report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
Re: Migration Log
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
Entry 2

Cassius

I still hate reports.

The wagons have halted in the wilds on the snow flats. Wind and snow the cause as visibility fell well below safe navigation.

Tend the stock well and keep the wagons in good condition. Pay close attention to wheels and axels.

The snow is about mid shin deep with hidden patches of ice beneath it. Still the ground travels well if not for visibility issues.

Ubar and the Or have not returned as of this posting. It is likely they too halted to wait for the storm to pass.

Taryn is dishing up food for those in need from her freight wagon. Turia is not too far off and any with extra food to spare may feel free to drop it off to be shared with the less fortunate.

Check the yokes and harnesses now that they have been broken in and stretched. Repaor any areas that even seem like they may cause a problem before reaching Turia.

The Duty Watch has been shortened to 8 ahn shifts to offer a break from the elements. The Unit Commanders have specific details for their Men.

Now we wait for weather conditions to improve.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »
Entry 3

Soong

One fatality - awaiting further information.

Spirits are high, wagons and stick in good shape.

Weather broke and the wagons moved on after a very long halt and slow start. They will continue to move until early evening when they will stop, tend the teams, stock, and wagons. Rest and eat, for then the move will continue.

A cold snap has taken place with temperature taking a steep drop. The snowfall at least has stopped. Now it is blowing and drifting snow.

During the cold snap duty watches will be reduced to four hour watches.

Prism, lure, and tharn have gone over Ubar's stores and have offered up the last of some of his personal provisions. Taken to Taryn's wagon for use by those less fortunate were a sack of suls that need to be used... two large wheels of verr cheese... a couple handfuls of onions and garlic that must be used... Salt, pepper, and a cask of good paga should a need arise beyond just pleasure. Three tarsk were also offered. The tarsk are crated on her wagon platform and the supplies stacked by the door.  If anyone is in need of extra milk, a few of Ubar's team heffers are giving an overabundance of milk each day.

Rumor says Jakan is injured, but as yet there is no additional information.

A new girl was collared to Tuchuk. She is called maya.

End Report

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:35:40 AM »
Hunters Clan Report;

Kahan had slipped on the Clan wagon platform and hit his head, before falling to the ground. By the time I had reached him the blood in the snow was abundant. He had suffered little, and died within moments of his injuries. It is a sad moment for the Hunters Clan.

As supplies depleat. I have ordered 5 satchel's of unsalted dried meat to be sent to Taryn. In hopes it still can come in handy in the passing days.

End Report,

S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 02:09:13 AM »
Entry 4

Cassius

I hate reports, I hate reports, I hate reports, did I mention I hate reports?

It is cold and raining. The snow is vanishing and the top layers of ground is like a sloppy sponge. Beneath that it is still frozen. The going is rough and the mud is making life hard on the teams and wagon.

Check the teams well for strains and check the wheels and axles closely. Keep the wheels clear of mud accumulation as the wagons move along. Grease the axles well. If mud gets in where grease should be, the mud will cause a catastrophic axle failure.

Dung carts have gone through the column supplying those who are in need. Stew is available in Taryn's wagon for those in need.

The bosk are able to graze enough in place that only supplemental stores of grass are needed for the more barren areas. Water is not in short supply for the stock. They can tend that themselves. Tend the remaining critters as needed. The kaiila will dine at first light either from personal stock or be set to hunt.

Conserve dung and warmth when possible. Those with room can welcome others into their wagons to share.

Wheel boards have been used under the wheels to prevent their sinking too far into the soft ground. Remember to place them back in their racks when the wagons move again.

One kaiila was reported as being injured, and was set free by its Master. Due to conditions its rear leg bent inward at the joint. It may heal enough to survive in the wild but its days as a Warrior's mount are over. Release was chosen over having the beast put down.

It is Ubar's intention to reach Turian lands in another day or so of travel, and be able to enter in two.

Rumor also spreads that Elisa Windrider broke her thralls nose. This makes me laugh.

End Report.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:36:34 PM »
Entry 5

RAGNAR

The ground is terrible. Mud, slush, awful. It seemed to take forever to reach Turia, but we have. The column is stopped just short of the city as the teams were so exhausted I dared not push them any harder.

The day was spent tending the stock and wagons, and sleeping as much as possible. The rain/slush has stopped, and the column will move into position this evening outside the city wall and once stock and wagons are seen to, Tuchuk will be set loose to sack... er... resupply.

Try to behave in Turia. Being so late in our mogration, we, by far, are the last coming through for resupply, and good deals should be there for the taking if we barter and haggle well. In speaking with Turian patrols, the city is well provisioned except for fruits and some vegitables. This should not have too large an effect on Tuchuk, though a few will likely miss these items.

Thus far casualties and loses have been insignificant, though any loss is a loss to those it affects. Word has reached me a thrall perished under Melanie's wheel during the last leg, though I await a more detailed report on the loss of camp property.

It seems the greatest complaint for Tuchuk is wet, cold feet and hands. Tend these to avoid serious problems!

Overall Tuchuk seems to be in good shape if not a bit on the grumpy side and looking forward to the pleasures the city has to offer.

As always, funds are available for those in need. It will be made known who will be able to provide these services when we enter the city. For starters, each slave is gifted ten copper to spend as they desire from my own coffers. Owners may increase or decrease as they see fit.

Be ready to move when the time comes so we may indulge in the softness of city pleasures as soon as possible.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »
Entry 5

RAGNAR

We have reached Turia and the wagons are in the migration encampment area. Those wagons requiring repairs are to be taken to the wagon repair yard where craftsman are waiting for work.

There is grass but it is not of great quality. It can be supplimented with some of our stored grasses as well as some of our stored grain. Unload the troughs for water or at least see numerious buckets of water remain filled for the stock. Remove the teams from their harness and yokes and allow them to relax and rest. ASKARI will have a table set up for the slaves to pick up their coinage gifted by RAGNAR from the Watch Commander just outside his wagon.

Clan Elders may obtain a 20 silver loan for their Clans if needed. Other free may thus far obtain loans from the Watch Commander when at the treasury wagon, or from Sarant as she conducts her business. Clan Healers are to seek out RAGNAR for funding for healing necessities for the camp.

Arrangements have been made for free and slave alike, to pick up a token at the city gate upon entry good for a free vist to the hot baths for a good scrubbing, laundering of one set of fresh clothes, hair cuts/braids, manicures and pedicures, and a dose of the scented perfume and scent of their choice if available. Raziel, my True... this does not include your kaiila, bosk, or any of your other critters. They can be cleaned in the encampment. Also True... just because you may find only non-Tuchuks in the baths when you get there... do refrain from pissing in their water, or leaving chocolate logs behind for them. This is not actually appreciated much and they tend to get upset.

Try to behave!!! Try really hard!!! I know some of you find it nearly impossible, but try anyway.

End Report

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 04:39:48 AM »
Turia Supplemental

RAGNAR

So far all has been better than I expected. Only one fight between a Tuchuk girl and a Turian girl. They are slaves, so none took any action to interfere. However, it seems the Turian free gave 2/1 odds and Tuchuk cleaned up on that wager.

Some procurement of supplies has been taken care of, and those purchasing for camp will add their purchases to this log.

Most of Tuchuk seems to relish the personal pampering at the baths and such. None have complained yet that has gotten back to me.

Personally... i like taking a shit in Turia. No worries about hitting a small chamber pot, or having cold snow blow through the crack of my ass and freeze my balls, or walking in the grasses of the plains and tromping in someone else's dump. I will not go into wiping with a handful of rough grass. Life in this respect is good.

Merchants seem willing to deal IF you haggle. Naturally they wish to make as much as possible, but during the slow season for them, a deal is a deal if they make coin. The cost of limited goods such as vegetables and remaining fruits are high as I expected they would be. Perhaps fruits for juices could be had cheaply by offering a percent of total value for damaged goods. They will be stomped anyway.

The repairs in the wagon yard are taking a bit longer than expected. They are running behind as once the mud was cleaned off the wagons, some had more damage than first though from the ground conditions. But the work continues on shifts around the clock so it should not have too great an impact on our trek North.

Rumor has it a girl got her nose ring also. I await further details on that.

All in all, a good break from travel thus far. Continue all activities and resupply, and enjoy yourselves within reason.

End Supplement

Offline Melanie

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 11:08:15 AM »
ENTRY 1

MELANIE

She had wandered through the merchant area after mostly enjoying the bathing. Though she had run across a few of the snobby FW of Turia. After being made to feel like she was less than a FW, a threat would soon filter throughout Turia that Melanie had said she would personally see to the demise of said FW. Though it would be twisted and turned to say she threatened to kill her, when in all actuality, she had just threatened to cut her tongue out of her mouth.

She has spent a silver tarn, a copper tark, and a few tarsk bits as tips, for 30 gold nose rings, five bone needles, two pairs of clamps, and colored beads for the nose rings of the women.

Also having come across maya, the newly collared slave girl, Melanie pierced her nose in the food court area.

END REPORT
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:10:34 AM by Melanie »

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 11:30:07 AM »
PURCHASES

200 crates of various spices, mixed
100 crates of various herbs, mixed
6  bags of jerky meat spices

6 silver and 75 copper

-------

100 sacks of corn meal - 2 gw
100 barrels of yeast - 2 gw
100 barrels of salt - 5 gw
150 sacks of yellow sugar - 3 gw
150 sacks of white sugar - 3 gw
45 sacks of bran - 1 gw
100 sacks of sa-tarna flour - 3 gw
55 sacks of jerky spices - 1 gw

Crate of peach wine (and a lot of luck on my part)

-------------------

150 gorean weight kegs of nails

Crate of peach wine

----------

3 crates of cabbage
5 crates of mushrooms
5 crates of peppers
10 hanging bunches of garlic
11 crates of peas

20 coppers

----------

Willow bark - 15 crates of 50 bundles per crate
Capture scent - 20 cases of 25 vials
Tassa powder - 5 cases of 10 vials
Arro root - 10 crates of 50 bundles
Green powder - 100 cases of 10 jars
Black pepper - 25 gorean weight
Cayanne pepper - 25 gorean weight
Blue grass - 10 cases of 50 jars
Zingiber - 10 crates of 25 vials
Feverfew - 15 hudas
Sypringes - 100 cases of 25 syringes
Valerian roots - 10 crates of 50 bundles

IV bottles - 100 cases of 15 bottles per case
IV tubing - 2000 feet
Butterfly clamps - 100 cases with 10 clamps per case
Clamps for bandages - 100 cases with 15 clamps per case
Small snap clamps - 100 cases with 20 per case
Medium snap clamps - 100 cases with 15 per case
Large snap clamps - 100 cases with 10 per case
Tweezers - 100 cases with 50 per case

2 silver and 50 copper

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »
131 cases of ka la na fruit
57 cases of melons
20 cases of cherries
38 cases of peaches
50 cases of apricots
94 cases of ta grapes
103 cases of larmas

traded for a small gem

(Most of the fruits will have to be pressed quickly.  The Vintner's Clan will be up and working in shifts to first sort the fruit into what must be pressed and what can be saved to be eaten during Migration.  What can be saved will be crated seperately and sent to the commissary wagon.  After the fruits are sorted, the Clan will begin pressing as quickly as possible to get the juices into casks and bottles for transport during Migration)

-------------

25 Six foot diameter wagon wheel

1 Gold and 1 case + 1 bottle of peach wine

-------------

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
6 wagon tongues - 7 coppers each

42 coppers

-------------

Purchased by Jakan for the Camp supplies

1 crate of onions
1 crate of turnips
2 crates of peas
5 crates of radishines

35 coppers

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »
Healer's Clan supplies

Bolts of rep cloth - 5 bolts each bolt consists of 30 ft of fabric
Bolts of cloth - 3 bolts each bolt consists of 30 ft of fabric
Large Spools of Silk Thread - 10 spools each spool consists of 100 ft of thread
Verillium antibiotic - 5 crates of 10 vials per crate
Honey - 10 cases of 50 jars per case (1/2 stone jars)
Peppermint - 2 Gorean Weight
Spearmint - 3 Gorean Weight
Emetics - 5 cases of 10 vials per case
Tubers - 10 cases of 20 jars per case
Physician's Tape - 100 rolls each roll consists of 20 yards of tape
Medicinal Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) - 10 cases of 12 bottles per case
Agrimony Salve - 10 cases of 10 jars per case
Bergament Salve - 5 cases of 10 jars per case
Slave Wine - 4 cases of 5 vials per case
Antiseptic Rinse - 5 talu
Poison Antidote - 1 talu
Chamomile - 10 crates of 30 bundles per crate
Fennel - 5 crates of 20 bundles per crate
Cloves - 15 GW
Garlic - 5 GW
Rosemary - 2 GW

4 silvers

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Black Wine Beans - 10 GW in 1 GW sacks)
Salt - 10 casks 1 GW per cask
2 gold, 4 silver, 1 copper

valerian  20 cases with vials with 20 vials per case
slave wine 5 crates with 10 vials per case
IV antibiotics 30 cases with 20 vials per case
5 silver, 83 copper

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
Turia Report Supplemental

Watch Commander

Raziel

Oddly enough, no Tuchuk were confined during this final day of supply gathering, even though there were rumors of a few wishing to sack Turia.  The evening was spent in the main merchant streets to keep an eye on Tuchuk and an ear open for potential problems that may have involved Tuchuk.  All was well. 

Each Clan Elder has made their own reports as to their Clan purchases.  Logs are coming along though the freight supplies are not what we expected.  Being the last of the Wagon Peoples to arrive and leave, gives us limited quality of much needed items for our trek Northward.  We will make do with what we have ascertained and acquired thus far.

The wagon repairs were completed without unforseen problems.  Billing settlement will be made by the Ubar before we move on our way.  I expect we move on the morrow.  I will sent out the forward scouts by midday and await the runners word before giving the order to move.

End Report