Author Topic: An unusual Gig...*S*  (Read 26286 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
Re: An unusual Gig...*S*
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2018, 10:38:53 PM »
...I think you are right, Brother...this may 'seal the deal'... ::)

When I was a 4-H Leader, I was trying to figure out how to raise money.  I did the usual, sending letters and such, which wasn't too successful.  I was laying awake at night, and my 'insane mind' kicked in...and I came up with a BRILLIANT IDEA..."GOAT RANSOM"!   :o  We lived on 5 acres, and had goats, I was actually a project leader for goats and poultry. 

I carefully picked out my two calmest goats, washed them, and put them in the back of my Ram 1500.  I picked up three of my 'cutest' girls... :)...they were in their 4-H Uniforms...and we drove to a very small town nearby.  I was very familiar there, I bought stuff and was pleasant to the merchants.  I picked the business that I was most familiar with, and we all walked in...leading the goats!   ::)

The Merchant asked me "What the Hell is going on?"...and I just shrugged and said..."We are staying here until you make a donation to 4-H...and...you get to decide where we go, next."  He cracked up, opened his register, handed me a bill which I placed in an envelope, and named another business.   ;D  We made the rounds, but we did not go to the same place twice...I would tell the merchant, "He already paid the ransom."   ;)

It worked well...I only did it once a year.  When the merchants saw me, the girls, and the goats enter...they would quickly open their register...hand me a bill...and name another business.   ;D  I suspect that I violated a whole lot of laws...maybe even 'Robbery using a goat as a weapon'.   :P  But...the cops never caught me!

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Medi

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »
...I just love this work, never seen it played on just an organ before.   :)  It has meant many things to me over my life. Right now, I imagine that we Tuchuk are being attacked...the Men fight hard...and the battle waxes and wanes.  We women rush out when they draw apart, and tend to our wounded, and get them away from the field...and the battle resumes!  And...at the end...the Tuchuk stand in victory!   ;D

https://youtu.be/Eq_jzx-gLBk

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »
...Here is the real, orchestral version.   :)  I enjoy watching the musicians...they are 'feeling' the music.   :)

https://youtu.be/eW-7S9fjyfU
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
Quite moving!!!!!

Offline Medi

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2018, 09:45:21 AM »
...Almost didn't post this... :)...my current postings read 3456...I guess that I just need to move on to 4567... ;D.

Izee' and siren had learned to play instruments that had been 'liberated' from Turia, and showed up in front of Dragonslair, and serenaded Ragnar.  They each love Him, although in different ways... ;)

https://youtu.be/LxLhh7dcsMU ;)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »
Sweet, but why is siren wearing clothes and you earrings?   ::)

Offline Medi

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »
...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
...This post is going to be a bit rude... ;D...but it is funny...I have to use the "F" word... :o

I am very passionate when I play the cello, my mind gets into the mood of the music...and I 'sway' when I play.   :)  Once, our music sorority did a concert.  I was in most of the performances...I even stood in the choir and 'lip synched' the lyrics...the conductor told me that she would do my chores for a week if I didn't sing.   ;D

I played a solo, and REALLY got into it!   ;)  I was swaying, and I am sure that my face was changing into many moods.  I got nice applause, and was REALLY tired after I finished.   :P  I was dating a guy, and he met me after the concert and took me out to get some food.  Halfway through the late dinner, he asked me...

"Hey, got anything left for me after fucking your cello on the stage?"   8)

I ALMOST threw my chicken picatta at him...but just laughed.   ;D

Here is a nice performance... :)

https://youtu.be/qZSJvyBag8A

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »
At least he asked!!!!!  ::)

Offline Medi

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2018, 12:06:11 PM »
...*LOL*  You are right, Rags, he was a Gentleman...he did 'ask'... ::)

I love this work, Piazzola, IMHO, is one of the best Composers ever.   :)  He composed music in many moods...celebratory, happy, content, and pensive.  He really expresses the Spaniard culture...it is complex.   :)  At many times in History, Spain was a very dominate player in the World.  They still have a lot of influence in todays times.

This piece really expresses the cello.  All 'voices' are shown...from 'bass' to 'soprano'...and they really sound like a human voice...if a chorus was to just sing the note...I believe that they would sound very much like this.   :)

https://youtu.be/Z0DQxI3KM7o
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2018, 05:46:00 PM »

Offline Medi

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2018, 10:35:02 PM »
...I kinda liked that, Rags... ;)...my 'insane mind' turned on... :o...Thank you.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2018, 01:05:22 PM »
...This is my most favorite movement from the Dvorak "American String Quartet".  He had actually spent time in the USA, and had gone to all sorts of musical events.  You can hear the 'Blues' in this... :)...especially in the 'runs' up the fingerboard.  I just love playing this, the cello is the 'string bass' most of the time...but has a dialogue with the 1st violin.  The theme is very 'yearning'... :-[...but I always liked that the cello had the last word.   :)

https://youtu.be/ClFvfCIagYU
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline Medi

« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2018, 11:45:54 AM »
...Here is the 1st Movement of Haydns' "Emperor Quartet".   :)  Years ago I had a good friend who played viola and violin, and her daughter, then in HS, played the viola.  We would get a guy who played the violin to join us for a string quartet at their house.  She and I would rotate who would provide refreshments, I would usually bring a cheese ball, two boxes of water crackers and a bottle of zinfadel.   :)   The daughter really improved over the years that we played, and went to Conservatory and became a professional musician.  The daughter just loved this work, so we played it very often.  Towards the end, the cello and the viola become an accordian, and she would just grin at me as we traded our beats, she really thought it was fun, and we would do our BEST to DROWN OUT THE VIOLINS!   ;D

https://youtu.be/3vCHk9G3nC4
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
If the curiously interesting appeals to you, check out some of John Cage's more abstract works. *G*

He seemed to throw away the rule book. *G*