Author Topic: home from surgery  (Read 938 times)

Offline Serinna

home from surgery
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
well I finally got My surgery done. at first I was told that I had to be there at 6am. Then someone from the surgery center called Me for a "pre-op" interview... they tell Me that I have to be there at 5:30... damn ppl make up your mind... they ended up poking Me a total of 4 different times looking for a vein for the IV... left about 9:30 or 10am... now Im home, feeling loopy as all hell from My pain meds. been in and out of sleep on the couch since I got home cept when going to the bathroom. Anyway... Im assuming all went well considering they didnt tell Me anything after that anything odd happened. plus I imagine I would be in regular hospital if something had.

just wanted to give all an update. I could be off work anywhere between the next 4 days to 2 weeks. depending on how I feel between now and My post op follow-up...
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: home from surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
Take advantage of the time off. Rest, relax, and heal.

:-* :)

kiahMTC

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:34:57 AM »
I hope your recovery continues as planned and that you over do it when you start feeling better.
If you ever want to really know what happened during surgery you can request a copy of your operative report.
It will tell you step by step, what they did to your body, while you were out.

Offline Serinna

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 04:57:50 AM »
I wasnt aware that I could request something like that. thank You Kaysa. I'll have to look into asking about it. but it seems that I did overdo it a little yesterday. some laundry needed to get done, plus My fiance needed to get his paycheck and We did some other running around. I wanted to see if I could drive ok. the driving part didnt bother Me. it was walking around even from the car to the store that killed My knee. yeah yeah. I know, Rags... I overdid it... let My leg heal then You can kick My ass. deal?
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 09:48:23 AM »
LOL

As the King of overdo.... Its a deal.  :-* :D

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »