Author Topic: Clans  (Read 9030 times)

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
Re: Clans
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 01:26:04 PM »
Here's a Question.

What Clan would see to the making of the Lances?

I gather IronMaster for the Lance Tip, but what about the Process of placing it to the Temwood?

It's either a Clan or the Warrior Himself, to better acquaint themselves with their own Weapon.

-Jedi Council of the Dew-

"May God Help My Enemies, Cuz I sure the Hell Won't"

Yetu

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 05:16:57 PM »
I think that the Warrior should be the One to do it but at the same time... how would He learn how to put such weapon together so that the strength and quality is as it should be? I am not a Warrior I know and My opinion probably does not mean much due to that fact. But... if a Warrior doesnt know how to install the tip to the "handle" that which the One holding it goes on to, how does He know that its done correctly so that it doesnt fall apart when S/someone so much as blows on it?

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »
Simple enough, if Tuchuk born, He learns from His Father or Uncles.

if Not, then they watch a Tuchuk born do such.

Yetu

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 12:49:48 PM »
then I guess that there wouldnt be a need for a specific clan for that then if Thier Fathers and Uncles teach Them

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 02:46:22 PM »
It wasn't a question for Me to know, it was a question to see what others would say.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 05:47:35 PM »
Personally, I always wondered if the Bowyers/Fletchers would do it... But then again, it might not be much like affixing an arrowhead into a shaft. I honestly don't know much about the process!

And there is a quote which leads me to believe that our lance tips and maybe even arrow heads are fashioned of bone, not metal:

“… bones and horns are split and tooled into implements of a hundred sorts, from awls, punches, and spoons to drinking flagons and weapon tips…”—Nomads, 5

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 08:06:42 PM by ~ delilah ~ {K} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 08:03:16 PM »
On Aug 23rd, three days before Master Shuk proposed this discussion topic, I created a MTC-invented Clans page which actually lists many of the Clans which have been suggested here. (I thought that was SO cool, that our great Tuckuk minds think alike!)

Please check out the page and let me know how it can be improved!

http://www.webmaze.com/memberpages/krulsimp/general_mtcclans.html

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 08:11:25 PM »
how about the woodworkers clan making the lances?

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 10:30:04 PM »
Well, I give credit to Ubar for this thread because He had said something to Me which Made Me think, -g-

Bones? That would be more feasible!

as for the thread, I'd love to keep it alive just to hear the thoughts of Our family, as I said in the beginning, it's a HUGE camp, so there are many things needed to be done etc...

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 10:12:01 AM »
stones could be used for arrow tips too.. I mean.. that is what the native americans used...

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 02:21:40 PM »
aye Mistress they did use stones.. they also used pitch from certain trees an bushes for a sorta glue.. some fish oils were also used in the cleanin of skins **ie hides ** this was used to make some sheilds and also for the teepees or the covers used for when they needed a blind in hunting not always was cover available to be used.. an the fish oils masked the scent of a human...
duckie rules

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 06:49:49 PM »
I would love to see the thread keep going, as well!

Heck, I'd love to see all the applicable clans working together to make weapons and such... trading back and forth for the essential supplies... it would make for some awesome role-play!

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 06:48:29 PM »
So out of curiosity.  Who makes leathers?  Would it be a seamstress/tailor?  Or the leather workers like Kar?  Or do leather workers make mostly items like belts, sheathes, etc, other items that are made of leather, other than garments...Kinda hard to tell, of course most leather workers could probably do both...but I'm sure there are Seamstresses within camp.  I dunno..rambling.

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 07:23:37 PM »
Actually, You got Me to thinking,...

Leather Workers, now, are they the ones who take the hides and make them so that they can become something else, like the wagon coverings, also what Amber said, the belts etc... I know Cobblers use the leather they get for their clan, but is it the Leather Maker Clan that actually MAKES the leather like I said, to be used by other clans?

I think that woudl be an absolutely fascinating clan to watch someone RP.

Yetu

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2005, 07:24:51 PM »
unless it is the W/women of each Family within the camp that make clothing. that kind of makes sense cuz like the Daughters of said Family, it teaches and helps Them to prepare for when They are to FC. that way They do not have to scramble to learn how to sew within a paticular length of time... and if there are Women that are without an immediate Family then They learn from One that is either sewing at that time or One that is learning