Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 11/5/06  (Read 891 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 11/5/06
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:41:42 PM »
What's Happening!! - 11/5/06
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
I awoke alone last Sunday morning, dressed quickly and joined Rachel as usual for our morning run. She had spent Saturday evening with Mike Miller at a campaign dinner and chattered away regarding those in attendance. Mayor Michael Bloomberg sat at the table with them and the other candidates running for council seats. Rachel said it was all she could do to keep Mike's eyes off of that stunning, six foot tall Amazon, Ana Demetrius, who's running for the Long Island council seat.

Diego picked me up along with Mike Miller and Rachel and we headed over to New Jersey to watch the Giants host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It was a good game and the Giants triumphed 17-3. Diego was cheerful all the way back in his limo as we enjoyed the victory champagne.

Wednesday night I sat in the back row and watched Tim play Will in Rachel's play. Alice played Grace and those two sure showed us a good time. I wonder where Declan was that night, since he'd attended the last few plays

I went out for drinks with Bobby Campbell after the play and we discussed the recent activities. He asked if I'd met the new bartender at Mahoney's  Irish Pub, Rafe. I said I had, but wondered where he was headed there. Turns out he's invited Rafe to join him at his studio for some of the upcoming clothing photo shoots. I had to grin as I know when Bobby singles a female out, it can lead to more than posing in front of the cameras.

On Saturday night Diego and Mike asked Rachel and I to play cards for the evening over at Diego's mansion. Mike used his cell phone to locate Rachel. Turned out she was over at Mahoney's Irish Pub expecting me to meet her there.

When she finally arrived at Diego's Upper East Side brownstone mansion, she said she'd met a new businessman named Michael Harrington over there. Barb was teasing the new stranger and they were both having a good time. Rach gave Michael a free pass for her play at Creative Arts Theatre and she said she wouldn't be surprised if he showed up with Barb as his date.

Molly popped in waiting for Declan to accompany her to Crane, Poole & Schmidt. She had an appointment with Tara Wilson and Declan was keeping close watch over her since the murderer of her father was still at large.

Diego suggested we play bridge, men against the women. The losers would have to do whatever the winners suggested later that night. With all the drinking going on, Mike and Rach would be staying over in one of the guest rooms. After breakfast, we'd pile up in Diego's limo and Furio would drive us all over to the Meadowlands to watch the Giants host the Texans.

I used Diego's office to type up this column and fax it in before the card game began. More details in next week's column!!

Entertainment
This Wednesday night, November 8th at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be offering Rachel Tatellio's version of Friends - No One Is Ready. It should be fun and I will be sitting in my center seat in the back row watching to see who might show up and who sits with whom.