Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 12/31/06  (Read 894 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 12/31/06
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
What's Happening!! - 12/31/06
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
I spent Christmas weekend in Pittsburgh with my family, but surprisingly not always in my old bedroom. I was shopping for last minute presents at Macy's on Saturday when I accidentally bumped into one of the guys I dated a few times while attending Carnegie Mellon. I'll call him Steve to protect the innocent.

He asked me to join him in a bar later that night. As we sat there in a small booth, he explained that a few weeks ago he'd come home from work early to surprise his beautiful super model wife, who I'll leave unnamed. It turns out she surprised him instead. He heard soft music playing and walked in the master bedroom to find her with her legs wrapped around her secret lover, a photographer that had obviously been doing more than taking her pictures for years.

Several drinks later, I became his revenge in his temporary hotel room, a lady that knows how to make men happy. Happy enough that I was able to convince him that he could find someone else someday. Somebody that could possibly make the world go round, like I did for several hours.

At four in the morning, I left him there sleeping with a smile on his face. I dressed, grabbed my shopping bag of presents and caught a taxi home in time to slip in my old bedroom before my parents woke up. No point of debating my wild life again with a pair of very angry, old fashioned parents.

I enjoyed Christmas there and took a flight back the New York City, the Big Apple, my real home these days. Diego was there waiting at the gate when my flight arrived. He'd apparently gotten over the New York Giants' disastrous loss to the hated Philadelphia Eagles, filled with hopes for their Saturday night game in Washington against the equally hated Redskins. I really hoped they could pull off a win there and make it into the playoffs.

He gave me a beautiful pair of diamond dangling earrings, took me out to a delicious dinner in Del Posto, then back to his place for a nightcap where I delighted him with my gift. Black silk pajamas that we christened in his huge bed. He's a delightful man.

I spent Thursday with Rachel catching up on the most recent happenings. Jon Bon Jovi had left for Vegas where he'll be singing in Harrah's during the New Year's weekend. She said they planned to talk on the phone daily.

Her sister, Audrey, is still spending time with that Phil Montzuma fellow. Turns out his 1965 Mustang was stolen and Rachel had enlisted Diego to help find it. It's now in a crop shop in Harlem where they're completely renovating it back into it's original condition and painting it cobalt blue.

Today I flew down to Washington, D. C. with Diego where we spent the evening in a nice luxury suite watching our Giants beat the Redskins, 34-28, locking up the final playoff spot. Tiki Barber tore up the Washington defense rushing for 234 yards and three touchdowns as we cheered them on.

In the Hilton hotel, I wrapped up this column and faxed it back to my editor at the New York Times, knowing we'd no doubt be up late celebrating the victory.

Entertainment
This Wednesday night, January 3rd at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be offering Rachel Tatellio's version of Friends - Metaphorical Tunnel. It should be fun and I will be sitting in my center seat in the back row watching to see who might show up and who sits with whom.