Author Topic: Transexuals and Gor.  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Fishy!

Transexuals and Gor.
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »
Ive mentioned this before, it is something that I have always.... ALWAYS wondered about where transexuals would place on gor, understandibly its something that is an earthen taboo... but what about transexuals who want to play on gor?

here is the situation I pose-

A Man wants to play on Gor- he creates a male character. there is no gender bending.

A woman makes a female char- again no gender bending.

A transexual wants to play on gor- what do they do? should they pick the sex that they feel that they are? or do they pick the gender that they were born as?

--Note--

I was going to ask more, put effort into asking all of the questions that came up with the topic but Ive decided to only ask this. anything else would get into drama and site policies, and im only asking out of curosity, not a Need to know.

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
Re: Transexuals and Gor.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:51 AM »
This was a difficult question that made me really ponder it, and I'm not glad you asked it.  But I felt obligated, as 50% of the Room Controller Brain Trust here to answer.

A transexual wants to play on gor- what do they do?

My advice would be to find a realm where they would be more welcome.  They can't control how other people will be impacted, and it just would be better for everybody if the transgender person roleplayed somewhere where nobody cared about true gender.

As an RC, if someone approached me about this, I would have to rule that a transgender person would have to play their true gender.  If they changed their gender, that's what their gender is, and that's what they have to play.

I could understand it if they wanted to play their previous gender, for nostalgia's sake, or whatever.  They might be very good at it, but I would rule that to be gender-bending.

Somebody in transition, I would ask them not to play at all until they were absolutely positive beyond any shadow of a doubt they were not going back.  If they insisted they had a right to play, I would probably acknowledge that, and tell them to play the gender they are becoming.  But if they were not good at it, I'd kick them out.

I don't feel good about that last part, because I would like to let them learn to be their right gender.  But not at the expense of other people.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Serinna

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »
and what of a hermaphrodite? someone that is part male and part female. this is not gender bending considering the fact that they have both sexes. I know it is uncommon in society today but it does happen. what if someone that is a hermaphrodite does want to create a persona in Gor. then what? its not that they feel male or female while being the other sex. its the fact that they have both sexes.
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »
and what of a hermaphrodite? someone that is part male and part female. this is not gender bending considering the fact that they have both sexes. I know it is uncommon in society today but it does happen. what if someone that is a hermaphrodite does want to create a persona in Gor. then what? its not that they feel male or female while being the other sex. its the fact that they have both sexes.

As the other half of the room leader base (LOL), I would say they would role play what they portray themselves to be daily in rt. If they are a man everyday in the real world, then they would be a man in Gor. A woman every day rt, then a woman in Gor. I would also expect them to be honest and up front with anyone they become involved with beyond a role play setting they intend to meet rt... and in the role play setting, they should also be honest with anyone they become involved with, with the intent to cyber.

Breaking that trust and playing as one sex and then changing to become the other would then become gender bending in my eyes.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »
Kimba- I understand you not wanting to answer, I dont always ask the easiest questions, but thank you for your imput.

Ive always assumed that there would be no sex changes on gor... as many times as Shoko may -Want- to turn a man into a sniveling little girl, Ive always -Known- that making them sing alto would be as close as I would get.