Author Topic: IM invalidations to role play  (Read 5441 times)

Gioco_Di_Ruolo

IM invalidations to role play
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:53:26 PM »
Tal and Greetings Free

I come today to get input on a issues many of Us have been faced with IM invalidations and overtones of Role play.. Aye the gorean beeper sounds its call for help to make the role play go the way the user wants.. I want to see if people feel Me making slaves of My home use pre-set up msn or other im’s in a attempt to lower the ensuing of intrusions to Our Homes Role Play… Plus I feel if she is rp’ing a slave of My home I would say who would be on that contact list.. some years back I had no issues with this why My girls asked hey may this one add blah blah.. but today I see they add at their own will.. if they want a personal im that’s up to them but while rp’ing I intend to hand out im’s made of Our home their name and passwords would be made by Myself or a head of the home..
And Yes I intend to see who is added from time to time.. I feel this will also instill the feeling of being owned.. Your input please?

Thank You for Your time….
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:01:52 PM by Gioco_Di_Ruolo »

kelsey

Re: IM invalidations to role play
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
Tuchuk addresses this in our rules: 

Camp slaves are not permitted to exchange ICQ, MSN, email addresses, etc, with any member of MTC save Slave Coordinators, slave trainers, and those who sit upon Council. Requests for such by non-Council members or those not on the training team is prohibited. Requests for such by non-members of MTC is strictly prohibited.

It is understood that friendship extends beyond just our Gorean personas. It is further understood that friends will wish to contact one another. This will be permitted, provided such communications do not include camp matters, especially the passing of information such as gossip; slave purchasing or collaring arrangements not cleared through the Ubar or Council; or that which could be considered treasonous against the Ubar, Council, or the welfare of MTC as a whole.

Is this rule strictly enforceable?  Probably not, but we have had very few instances where IM has come into the roleplay and action has had to be taken to discipline the slave or take a Free Person to task, but it does, and always will have a chance of happening.

With the advent of such features as Trillian, you can have more than one IM open at a time - I know personally I have ICQ, MSN and Yahoo open every night, so if I was a slave in your room, I may have that IM you give me, but then I could have several others you wouldn't know about.

As for feeling more owned, well having someone try to control my IM is not going to make me feel that.  It's what takes place in the roleplay that establishes that. 

That's my two cents and is not necessarily supported by anyone else of our home.

Kelsey
MTC

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
one observes the MTC rules as psoted above by Mistress Kelsey..

Also.. one's Mistress gave him an MSN IM and restricts who he may have on it
and under what situations it may be used..(when it came be turned on)

one thinks that the issue breaks down into several basics

1. is im Gor ?.. and it it is.. then it falls under the same rules
and restrictions as Gor.. and not a gorean helpline

2.one i speaking now in OCC and feels that rp shouldfnot be
manulaited.. what then is the pont.. a slave obeys.. Im is a
useful tool to talk of issues and problems..but the ourcome
must be as the Free desire it..

and.. that makes it all the more intresting.. if a certain outcome
is wanted.. then the slave will have to try harder.. try diffrent
ways to reach that goal..keeping in mind that it s the Free
Who ultimaly must be happy

that which is obtained too readly is of a lower worth
and the collar is about obediance..

dakota's copper of though(s)
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Gioco_Di_Ruolo

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »
Tal Kelsey

Thank You for Your time and input... may follow that objective...

I wish You well
Gio

Offline Malika

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
Since there are times that role play does go  on in IM , I put it up to the individuals.. between Mate and Mate or Master and slave or whatever, thier own agreement.  Its really about privacy and intrustion into role play , to allow or disallow adding at will by a slave or FW/Mate.

If a room or Master/ Mate wishes to restrict such.. and I allowed it.. then Id just have another IM that is not for role play.. and such I think would be respected by the Man.

Just a FWs thought.

Malika
Mate of Treck
Kassar, WB

kelsey

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 07:28:50 AM »
Malika:

I think that's the point.  Roleplay should never go into IM.  We use IM to keep in touch with our members.  They can ask questions there or bring up issues, but roleplay never extends into IM.  Controlling someone's IM is crossing the lines into someone's real life.  now, if those lines are already one and the same, i.e. your v/t master and r/t master are the same person, then there is no problem, but most often that is not the case. 

I own two slaves, and I would not even thing to try and control their IM when they are in camp.  R/T always comes first and if someone needs to talk to me on IM due to something going on in their lives, I excuse myself from roleplay.  I extend the same courtesy to my girls (though they do have to ask permission to ghost or leave the room).

I wish you well.

Kelsey

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 07:54:19 AM »
agrees.. the nest use of  Im is as an aid to rp for example..a food order is placed..
now was the cheese that was ordered to be put on the suls ? .. or did that
person was it as a seperate order or both...?

it might slow down and interupt the flow of rp to pose the question in ic..
so here im becomes useful..but even so.. it is often best to ask the question(s)
in ic.. is the drink of water to be cold or room temperture..

yes indeed.. rt is rt and tp is rp and never the twin should mix
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Nexhias

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 08:03:46 AM »
I would have to agree with Kelsey.  IM is not Gor:  it is merely a form of communication outside the realm.  Unfortunately, it too often is used as the 'Gorean cell phone' when a roleplay is occurring that one individual isn't happy with; so, they hop on IM and seek to try and get things worked to their advantage rather than honoring the roleplay as it occurs.  Not only is IM not Gor, but when it is used as a means of manipulating the outcome of roleplay, it is a detriment to the true spirit and purity of Gor.

When Gor IS taken to IM, it creates innumerable problems unless such is a situation as Kelsey had stated: i.e., a slave's v/t and r/t Master being one and the same.  When that is not the case, and it is merely two v/t players r/ping on IM, that roleplay is brought into the room.  I cannot count the times that, on previous sites, I would come across a situation where roleplay occurred in IM, of which no one else except the two parties involved had been privy to that had an impact on the room as a whole. 

In situations such as these, how can honest, solid roleplay be validated?  Unless said individuals engaging in IM roleplay keep scripts, most often it cannot. 

Keeping a slave's IM contacts limited to those of only a Gorean nature is difficult, at best.  There are some who adhere, but others that do not.  Perhaps taking the stance that absolutely no roleplay concerning Your Homestone, or discussion of Your Home's matters over any messenging service unless otherwise approved is something to consider.

My personal view:  leave IM as a form of communication outside the realm of Gor.  Roleplay is something that should be engaged in within a room, for all to be part of.  Doing otherwise not only excludes members of the Home, but it alienates those engaging in IM r/p.  And it dilutes the true intent of Gorean roleplay, which is to face the day to day reality of the dangerous world of Gor with the heart and soul of a true Gorean. 

John Norman didn't pen Tarl, Kamchak, Elizabeth, Aphris, or anyone else on Gor having cell phones-- why should we have them?   :)
Don't let your alligator mouth write a check that your hummin' bird ass can't cash.

rep

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 10:47:21 AM »
greetings Master,

yes, she believes that if you created IM's and passwords for your slaves and checked on them, it would help to instill the feelings of being owned. every piece of control you take a from a slave will do this. stripping away that freedom of choice is one way beyond r/p to continue to establish/reinforce the feelings of ownership of Master to slave.

kiah{MTC}

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »
 i agree with Mistress Kelsey and Mistress Nex..i am own rt and vt by the same Mistress..She allows me to add anyone to my list...She also knows how is on my list and who it is that i talk to the most on them....and if anyone on said list gets out of line they are warn once and then they are deleted ( which i rarley have that trouble) so for the most part yes She over sees who is on my list.. and She can get to my messangers at any time and even my emails....Mistress and i have such a good relation that we do not keep anything from each other..i have nothing to hide.. and as a slave that is the way it should be..

da flames two cents worth
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 12:09:21 PM »
smiles at the flame.. yes hide nothing and give
complete faith and trust.. ~ss~
..you can not grasp it.

sinnocent

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 04:31:54 AM »
as a slave of MTC.. i have followed the rules concerning IM from MTC Master Ubar and Mistress Kelsey being the only two from the home on my IM, but my IM is very old with MANY contacts on it..but when i am in home..unless its with those two mentioned for helps and not rp, i don't speak to others, while in service.. i've often wondered will people think me rude for taking so long to answer..but it comes to personal desire to be what and who i am... No slave unless they wish to obey will obey.. i have added you Master G to my list with my Master's permission first, and mainly as MOD here on the site needs, since as you know we don't often chat.  a slave who wants to be owned will do as she is asked...

it would be nice if ALL were under the same rules...it would be much easier that way..

slips off to work

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
you know Ive taken a long time to think on this and answer...

And I dont think that giving your slaves a im is going to do you any good...

Regardless of any rules set forth about Im'ing people still have friends, I have alot of people that play in Gor on my lists, and whats funny is that most of them I cant even remember their Gorean names, they are there for other reasons, like for other genres of RP.

For example, I sit on council for a room on another site... I have all the council members on my IM, now they are my RT friends, as a FW I can have who ever I want, but if I were a slave I would be in deep doo doo, as two of those council members are Ubars of homes on other sites, if I were a slave and told someone that I was chatting with Ubar so and so from another home, Im sure that I would get an earfull.

the real point is to not let anything said in IM's to affect RP, I will be honest I have talked about camp to people on ICQ or MSN but its things like... a retelling of events, setting a time to meet for a particular piece of rp, explaning to someone exactly why my character does the weird things she does, and explaning how and what things do go to my character from the RL me, explaning to some one how the ignore function works...

but there is never RP there.

Furaan

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »
only has one thing to say.. and anyone that knows me, knows I have a big mouth.. so take it as you will... HOLY O FRICKIN GOD COMPLEX BATMAN!!! Get the hell over yourself man!!.... ok.... I feel better.... sorta....

-A Mut Misfit-

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
i love you FURA!!!