Author Topic: what constitutes acceptance on these forums?  (Read 2627 times)

Gioco_Di_Ruolo

what constitutes acceptance on these forums?
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:33:12 PM »
Tal & Greetings

I am somewhat curious about what constitutes acceptance into this Gorean Community. Reading through the many posts, the Gorean Community is noted to be small. The question came to Me of what constitutes being accepted as a  Gorean Master within this on line community.

Is it owning A slave 24/7 the criteria, or wanting a slave and still not having found one that is an entitlement to post. is it beliefs and just weekend play at it in an otherwise vanilla lifestyle acceptable, or is just being on line as a Gorean Master acceptable. Nothing appears clear of what is acceptable within this particular on line community.

Surmising, My view is that it is only a Community for those that live the lifestyle as a Gorean Master with a slave 24/7 and for their  slaves to gather support and for Masters to discuss the practicalities of Living the philosophies in a real life world. or just for role play and fun? or for Both in a training grounds kinda way.. not that anything has been said or not said I am just interested in replies. so I am more enlightened as to this site and its ideals...

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: what constitutes acceptance on these forums?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »
In my opinion, I don't think what your life behind the screen is like..matters one bit on being a Gorean Master pertaining to Roleplay.

If you have the ideal goals, values, and mind set to be a Gorean Master, then it doesn't matter if you are a "weekend warrior", or "here for the roleplay" or if you are an r/t Gorean Master.

It shouldn't matter to anyone that behind the screen, you're All American, vanilla pudding with one wife and 2.5 kids, and have never ever even raised your voice to your wife for fear of her smacking you around.  If you can portray a Gorean Master, if you can master a slave, if you can bring the fire to a blaze in a woman's belly, then you are a Gorean Master.

Is it a bit of a paradox?  I think it is, but it shouldn't matter.

This is what Online roleplay has given us.  The need for separation of Fiction and Fact.  Not crossing v/t to r/t and vice versa.  What you are behind the screen, other than a person with emotions and feelings, is of no matter (so long as you aren't one of those crazy stalker type people, but hey if someone is into that, go for it).

For instance.  Online..in Gor.  I am an FW.  Does this mean I have the same frigidity towards my own sexual needs and desires? (Hell no is the answer to that by the way).  Do I constantly walk a fine line with my words and actions afraid of some repurcussions akin to an r/t collar. (Uhmm nope).  However, what I do have is the correct Gorean mind set of honor above all.  Of knowing that my family are the most important beings on the planet to me.  So am I a Gorean FW in real life?  I don't think so, but does that mean that because I am not a true FW that I shouldn't play one online?  I don't think so either.

So I don't know if any of this answered your question, I guess I rambled a bit off kilter there.  Sorry.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »
greetings Master

i hope that it's all right to post an another answer to Your question. personally i think my Mistress summed up most of it, that it's more about the character of the person verses the lifestyle choice they choose to lead. here in this little corner of cyber space, there is a vast assortment of people that gather in Gor, some live the life style past the screen, others are just normal people, and all have managed to become woven together in a sense of family. it seems that respect, honor, a love for life and humor are the keys (though i could be off base somewhat)

here...i portray a slave, in real life am i that persona? yes and no. lure is very much who i am with some minor differences. am i a slave rt, wearing a collar and striving to be found utterly beautiful in every facet? not so much, though some that have met me face to face have stated i have the heart of a slave.

do any view me as less of a slave here for such? i don't think so.
do i view anyone as less or more because of the life they lead outside of here? no, i base it on the way they treat others. it is the heart of each individual and their strength of personal character. which is how it works for me behind the screen as well.

oy, seems i rambled on a bit as well...sorry. hopefully somewhere in there i was able to answer Your question.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

sinnocent

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »
sin did have the pleasure of your moments in time today in the camp Master and enjoyed our conversation on this subject, i will not repeat here what was said, but i am grateful for like minded people and hope to see you again one day.

a lil sin
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:10:45 PM by sinnocent{MTC} »

kelsey

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 04:43:59 PM »
I have to agree with Amber and will add this, it matters not one whit if you have a slave or want one....that alone does not a Gorean Master make.  I'm sure there are many slaves that would agree with that statement...*s*

Kelsey is pretty much me and I am pretty much Kelsey in many respects....except that I would never be able to live in a wagon camp, cause I am way to girlie to deal with the things Kelsey does in camp...*chuckles*...but the spirit is there none the less.....the values are there....the sense of honor is there.

A wise man once said, to master another you must first master yourself.

Welcome back and I look forward to interactions between our two camps.

Kelsey