Author Topic: Latest Brain Science: Related to Gor?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
Latest Brain Science: Related to Gor?
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:30:35 PM »
Here I go with Terry Gross and Fresh Air again, but she has some of the most fascinating interviews.  From a professional dominatrix to Karl Rove.  You can listen to shows or dowload them from Itunes, or here (http://www.npr.org/templates/archives/archive.php?thingId=13).  You can also read the transcripts on the website.

Today, she had an expert in the latest developments in brain science that point right at problems we have on Gor.

The frontal cortex is the part of the brain that is developing as we're teenagers and probably finishes developing at some level when we're 25. And this is the part of the brain that helps us plan ahead, that see the consequences of actions. And this is the part of the brain that solves problems, makes us most human, really.

This is why we had so much trouble with the minors.  And continue to have.  While some of these minors are legal adults now, many of them are still below the age of 25, and not capable of fully understanding the consequences of their actions.

Something that one professor at Columbia who has studied adult learning through the years says what's good is even talking to people who disagree with us. Creating in your brain, what he calls a disorienting dilemma or kind of shaking up the cognitive egg. We have to present our brains with things that make it wake up, make it pay attention, make it work really, really hard. And it can have an impact in terms of just presenting your brain with, not just new information and not just retrieving information you know like with crossword puzzles, but actually getting out there and letting your brain confront things that are different.
GROSS: And make an argument to synthesize the thoughts you have and...
Ms. STRAUCH: Yeah.
GROSS: ...put it together in defense or an argument against an idea. That too?
Ms. STRAUCH: Yeah. I think it sharpens your brain. I find that, you know, if I listen to people who disagree with me or something, I find it sharpens my own thinking. You know, so it kind of makes sense. I think we all know this is kind of going on but we just never really paid attention to it and the scientists never really broke it apart to, you know, try to figure out what was actually going on.

In short, arguing with people, makes you smarter.

Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Latest Brain Science: Related to Gor?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »
"Does not!!!"

"Does!!!"

"Does not!!!"

"Does!!!"

"Does not!!!"

"Does!!!"

"What were we arguing about?"

"Hell if I know, but it makes us smarter!!!"

"Okay, Does not!!!"

"Does!!!"

"Does not!!!"

"Does!!!"

"Does not!!!"

"Does!!!"

"Are we smarter yet?"

"We should be."

"Time for a beer?"

"Sure... but its warm now."

"So much for being smart."

"Next time we drink before we argue!!!"

"Hey!!! It really does work!!!"

::) ;) :D :-* :-*

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
I dunno... according to that, I am not really an adult yet and unable to fully understand the consequences of my actions...

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
Good one, Rags!  Pretty close to what i put up with in my daily job...(LOL)
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 07:56:01 PM »
I dunno... according to that, I am not really an adult yet and unable to fully understand the consequences of my actions...

Twenty-five has to be a round number.  Every woman gets her first period at a different age within a five year range, so I imagine brain development to be similar.  In this case, the way I hear the term defined, I think 25 is probably at the top of the range where the brain is fully developed.  As in it's usually developed by 25 and sometimes sooner.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:48:51 PM »
heh- that had been my lame attempt at a joke... my real answer is here -hint... look down there are no arrows-

I would claim that "arguing" solves nothing and might make you stupider... [ex: when poppa kicks your ass into next week for arguing with him] I think that "debating" something... where each person is open to the other persons thoughts might make you learn more and gain some more maturity, mostly because you have to listen and learn.

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 01:49:08 AM »
aurguing is subjective.. seeing as slaves compared to Frees is like night and day.. slaves love to aurgue but do they get the chance with a Freeperson. no so then on that note would that then say they are not smart??? but then if a slave is watched close even they can teach something to those that hold the golden key to their collars.... (( I know is kinda off topic but was somthing that popped into my head after reading this line of postings))...

** besides chanz likes to augue even if it means gettin her arse kicked into next week.. now that does stimulate something.. not sure if it is the brain.. cause is sure a female slaves brain isn't in their arses.. that would be where the thralls is.. *** grins an scrams***
duckie rules