Author Topic: What are you giving out for candy on Halloween?  (Read 5420 times)

rep

What are you giving out for candy on Halloween?
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:38:58 AM »
What are you giving out for candy to the kids on Halloween?

we have hot tamales, mike and ikes, skittles and starbursts....

snack size but by the handful

;D

Offline -TT-

• -loving life-
    • Sanguaren Nights
Re: What are you giving out for candy on Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:53:25 AM »
Toothbrushes!

kidding...

peanut m&m's (snack size)

if I dont eat them all first...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 09:49:40 AM »
A whole assortment of goodies woobie put out with a note asking they take one.

I wager within the first fifteen minutes of TrT some lil bastard comes along and dumps the entire bucket in their bag and takes off.

Offline Salem

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:18:20 AM »
Got a good mix, reeses pieces, kit kats, coffee crisps, suckers, aeros, m&m's, skittles, and mandarin oranges for the health nut parents.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »
Absolutely nothing.  We don't do trick and treaters here since we're in an apartment building, and we don't have an outside light to let them know we are...besides..trick or treating starts at freaking 4 in the afternoon..and ends at 8...and they started trick and treating last night. -scowls- Halloween sucks nowadays.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »
Im not giving out anything because im not going to be home for halloween... but at my aparpments they have these flyers that you hang one on your front door to let the kids know that you are giving out candy.

they wanna keep kids in the aparpments and not have to go out in the community.

sinnocent

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »
I help with fall festival at church on this night.. we do candy,games, hot dogs, chili and drinks.. play cake walks.. fishing games have a hay ride in the back.... so we don't give out candy

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »
I am all for the day after Halloween sales... ~evil grin~ Besides, how else can we give the kids who are doing the lock-in with us tomorrow night, a huge sugar high, then send them home at 8am still on their massive sugar highs to their houses, to their parents... Though some did dress up tonight, Ray is dressed as Highlander.. and me, I am a norm.. ~grins sweetly~ 

As for handing out candy, we live in the boonies, some do drive their children about, but we don't have a light for the front porch, so it's moot... ~reminds self to get fuses when we head home tonight~ And in town, they have something set up for safe trick or treating... plus, this is the Pumpkin Chunkin weekend, which started this morning, and most are out there, partying with their kids...  Gotta love the farm states... at least they got the soybean crops harvested in time... ~snorts~

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 08:58:09 AM »
I had bought candy, just in case any kids showed up, but I wasn't expecting any. We live on a busy State Road, with no sidewalks. Any parents inthe area would rather take their kids into town. However, our church does "Trunk or treating", where basically they line up about 8 or 9 cars, decorate them up, dress up, offer drinks, cake, and chili (dunn ask me why the last one) for the adults, and let the kids go down the line of cars where they literally get handfulls of candy. It's a safe environment, and Kidlet came home with a candy bag over half full, which is plenty for her. She was a pretty pink and white princess. *chuckles* Then, while we were there, we got a bonus of one of the neighbours driving his tractor over with a flatbed full of hay bales, and we all got to go on a nice long hay ride in the dark. Since one of the things kidlet had gotten was a glowstick, we lit that up for her, and she had a wonderful time playing with that on the ride... and howling at the moon, just like they do in the Backyardigans.

For me tho, the highlight of the night was, while I was talking with the grandparent of one little girl, who has leukemia, and was in the hospital again, and he was telling me how she wasn't going to be able to go trick or treating, suddenly she, and her parents, showed up. She had a dust mask on and was all bundled up. The hospital decided at the last minute she was healthy enough to be able to go home and go trick or treating. Her grandfather almost started crying and just looked up and said, "thank you God". I started crying. She went on the hay ride as well and had a wonderful time.

So anyway, now we have these BAGS of candy... gee..whatever shall we do with them...  ::)

rep

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
has bags of candy too but it's...not .....chocolate!!!

*pouts even though she purposely bought junk she doesn't like so she wouldn't eat it*

*lol*

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 03:18:11 PM »
Candy for who?

I went to a party with some females there that thought candy was something else...LMAO.

I got groped.

Does that count?

Raz

sinnocent

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »
well Happy Halloween to you then!! lol

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »
Hey Trick or Treating doesn't always mean you will get candy for your treat... ~evil look~