Author Topic: Dream  (Read 810 times)

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
Dream
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »
Just to update on what's been going on with me. I've been working more hours than I can handle, considering the hours I have available to work (running the kids to and from school, elderly parents and trying to keep my house in somewhat of an orderly state). Needless to say, I have over done it, and since March, have been fighting a losing battle with tendonitis in my right arm. My manager suggested that I take a leave of absence from work, but to get a doctor's note. Not being able to get an appointment with my doctor in a more timely manner than my manager wanted, she told me to go to the walk-in clinic to obtain such note. So, I did, sent in the paper work to head office, and instead of the leave of absence beginning when it was convenient for my manager, it became effective immediately, according to head office (legal obligation to not force an employee to work beyond the date of the doctor note). Anyhow, she became livid with me, and I just had to shrug my shoulders and ignore her. Anyhow, I have been on a medical leave from work since May 10th.

On April 2, I was on my way to work, and within 1 minute of leaving my house, my brand new truck (got it in August) got T-boned by a school bus, basically parallel to my backyard. So, I was dealing with insurance, fighting it with the bus contractor, and well, they denied it being their fault, but, with everything that I submitted to my insurance adjuster, including google map of the intersection since she is very far out of town from where I live, a letter from a student who was on the bus, photos of my truck in the intersection, and a photo of the bus stopping at that corner to pick up a student (driver and contractor stated that she does not stop at that corner to pick up my neighbor's son, yet, she does frequently)...anyhow, I won that battle and didn't have to pay anything to have my truck repaired, nor did my insurance go up, thankfully. Well, I just got my truck back 2 weeks ago today. This morning, I dropped my daughter off at school, got one block away.......and yup.....my truck is back at the auto body repair shop. I had the green light, proceeded to go through it, and a 17 year old didn't know the difference between the brake pedal and the gas pedal as he was attempting to turn left through the same intersection. So instead of braking to wait until I had cleared the intersection, he hit the gas pedal and rammed right into my driver's side door. Was bad enough that I couldn't open my door to get out and had to climb over the console to get out the passenger side. At least the kid was man enough to own up to making the mistake, admitted he hit the gas instead of the brake. I'm pretty sore tonight so will see how tomorrow morning fares.

So, that is the summation of the worst in the last 3 months. I've still been pulling my hair out with my teen daughter. That hasn't changed. Stress levels have the blood pressure higher again.....back up to 145-150 over 90-95. Its been one of those losing battles for me.

I know its been worse for many of you, and I'm sorry I've not been in contact more. I'm still alive, and kicking, even though I feel like my ass has been kicked more.

Dream
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Dream
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 04:00:36 AM »
*Huggers tight*

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
Thoughts and prayers to you Dream.  -snugs you up tightly-

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »
Tendonitis is as bad to deal with as bursitis. Does not help you had to deal with whining, even though you had done what was asked of you. -rme-. That sucks..

O_O
That is a lot to put up with! Two bad accidents, just like that and not your fault? Geez. It's good to know you came out of both unscathed.

-eyes my own rt-..not looking forward to when my little ones are teenagers. will pray 'that' gets better for you....-hugs-

Doesn't matter if one's r/t is worse than another, we all feel the stress the same. I hope your BP returns to more regular levels soon.

Take care, hun.  ;) :)
You are missed.
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-