Author Topic: An interesting thing I learned today  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
An interesting thing I learned today
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »
While talking with my mom, I found out about my cousin, who I just got back in touch with recently after many years of being lost... Anyway, we were talking about how she related to me, and then we got to discussing her husbands... She has been married 3 times, her first and second husbands died, and the recent one she has been married to for a couple of years..

Anyway, my mom said that her first husband was her high school sweetheart, his name was Lynn Douglas Hoyem, he was the star football player at their high school and at Cal State Long Beach, and he was drafted in the 19th round of the NFL Draft in 1961, and also selected in the 29th round of the 1962 AFL Draft, by the Denver Broncos, though he never played for them. He played for the Dallas Cowboys for the years of 1962-63, and then went on to the Philadelphia Eagles for the years of 1964-67. During his career in football, he was an offensive lineman, as well as a couple of other positions. He then retired from football to become a commercial pilot, and in February 1973 he died, at the age of 33.

I don't know much about my cousin, but I am hoping to be able to talk to my cousin about it soon, as I am would like to write about his career as well as his life and family. But I thought I would share this with all of you football fans. And yes, he died while on the job, that much I was able to find out from my mom. ~smiles~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: An interesting thing I learned today
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
Go for it! *S*