Author Topic: What's Happening!! - 12/25/05  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Lindsay Davis

• NY Times Gossip Columnist
What's Happening!! - 12/25/05
« on: December 24, 2005, 09:38:39 PM »
What's Happening!! - 12/25/05
Lindsay Davis - New York Times
=========================
This Week's Gossip
Sunday morning was another bitterly cold day, but I forced myself out of bed, slipped into my sweats and took a taxi up to Central Park where I joined Rachel and Gino for our typical morning workout. We alternately ran and walked and discussed the plans for Rachel's Christmas party on Wednesday night at the Four Seasons.

I returned to the Plaza Hotel, took a nice long hot shower to warm up, then met with Rach downstairs in the Palm Court for brunch.

The stunner was Monday morning when two of the buss lines in Queens went on strike. They were threatening to stop all bus and subway service the following day if the labor meetings weren't resumed. Guess what. On Tuesday all the services were shut down. A judge started charging the union one million dollars a day, but Mayor Bloomberg said the city was losing over 400 million dollars a day in business. The bad news for me personally was you couldn't get a taxi cab to save your life.

Wednesday night Rachel arranged a Christmas party at the Four Seasons where Diego picked up the tab. It was a pretty cool evening, where we played a game called 'Have You Ever…..?" Dami, Will, Leon, Bruce, Demura, Lord Thunderbird, Adele, Lucky, Omar, Eric, Gino, Rachel and I were there.

After the judge threatened to jail the union leaders on Thursday both sides agreed to resume all services and labor negotiations. By Friday things were back to normal.

Our criminal court judge, Helen Gamble, was attacked on Friday by some crazy terrorist named Abdul Brahim. Luckily, Rach was supposed to be having lunch with Helen that day and overheard the man threatening Helen over the phone and dialed 911. Turns out Chris Meloni was tracking Abdul and he arrived in time to arrest him before any serious damage occurred. Rach claims she actually distracted the attacker by flashing a her boob at him while he was holding Helen with a knife at her throat. Helen elbowed the guy and Meloni had him cuffed and dragged off by two back up officers.

Rachel told me that she met a young lady named Delinda Deline at the Four Seasons on Friday night. That new artist, Alan Straithern, popped in and talked Delinda into accompanying him back to his flat to see his work. Sounds more like that, "Wanna see my etchings" trick to me, but who knows.

Saturday I spent the day with Diego watching the New York Giants lose to the Washington Redskins. Trust me, Diego was not a happy camper after that game. I was just getting ready to make him happy again when we were interrupted by his cell phone. Turned out to be Delinda's father, Ed Deline. Diego invited him over to discuss business. I never got to meet him since they met in the lobby downstairs for only a few minutes.

Entertainment
This coming Wednesday night, December 28th, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be closed due to the holidays.

The following Wednesday night, January 4th at 10:00 pm ET, the Off-Broadway Creative Arts Theatre will be offering Rachel Tatellio's version of Sex and the City - Coulda Woulda Shoulda. It should be fun and I will be sitting in my center seat in the back row watching to see who might show up and who sits with whom, unless Rachel once again needs me in the cast.