Author Topic: NYC Character Description List  (Read 15975 times)

Offline Rachel

• Off-Broadway Playwright
Re: NYC Character Description List
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 04:32:21 PM »
Eddie Woods - Born, January 1st, 1986
===============================
Columbia University Student
Nature = Unique young man
Demeanor = Aggressive
Concept = Photography
Residence = Manhattan - Columbia Men's Dorm

After graduating from high school in San Francisco, CA I chose Columbia University in New York City where I'm in my freshman year. My plans are to major in photography and I'm already working for the Columbia News as a photographer.

Offline Rachel

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 04:30:01 PM »
Tammi Hanlin - Born September 18th, 1979
================================
Genovese Enterprises
Nature = Beautiful, clever, intelligent
Demeanor = Very organized with a head for business
Concept = Managerial talents
Residence = Manhattan - 4th floor apartment at Carnegie Hill

Tammi is single now. Previously married to Tom Hanlin, Teamsters President that she had to kill with his own pistol during a family dispute. Tammi now works for Diego Farina, CEO of Genovese Enterprises.

Tammi's maiden name is Tattaglio, something she had never mentioned before. Her father, a Sicilian, lives in Chicago and that's where Tammi met Tom Hanlin. He was the vice president of the Teamsters there and although he was quite a bit older than her, he some how managed to win her over. With her father's blessing, she accepted Tom's proposal and they were married in a huge wedding that cost her father a fortune.

When Tom Hanlin won the presidents job in New York City they moved to Queens and that's where the trouble started. Tom was off working long hours to re-stabilize the Teamsters and Tammi started loafing at the Four Seasons, enjoying the attention of a few younger men. Tom got wind of it and assaulted Tammi over it. She shot him with his own gun when he smacked her around and threatened her with physical abuse.

That was when Diego hired her as a bookkeeper for Easy Loans and eventually named her as the manager of the wonderful Carnegie Hill Spa.

Tammi semi-dated Jason Maloney, a masseur in her Spa, but lately she been seen more with the new masseur there, Eoin Ryan. He's a hunk! We're quite anxious to see where her new relationship with Eoin leads.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:49:02 AM by Rachel »

Offline Dara

• Lt. Bertolli
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

Name: Parker Melissa Munch
DOB:  December 25, 1970, Charleston, South Carolina
Residence:  Manhattan, NY

Born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina.  Was married previously and it was an abusive marriage.  Left husband and traveled all over the US by Greyhound bus to cover her tracks.  Hired a law firm in Washington, DC to handle her divorce.   Birth name is Patricia, but legally changed it to Parker so ex husband cannot find her.

Settled in New York City where she works as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room.  She attends Battered Women's group once weekly and also works as a volunteer domestic violence counselor at a shelter. 

Has a tabby cat, Roscoe P. Cattrain, who was named by her husband in honor of Roscoe P. Coltrain.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:57:14 PM by Dara »
I gotta thank Mama for the cookin\\\'<br />Daddy for the whoopin\\\' <br />The Devil for the trouble that I get into<br />I gotta give credit where credit is due<br />I thank the bank for the money<br />Thank God for you....

Offline Il Pazzo

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 08:16:35 PM »
Anthony Terriali - Born April 2, 1976
==========================
"Manager", D'Amelio Properties, Ltd.
Nature = Sarcastic, direct, simple
Demeanor = Disaffected
Concept = Straightforward man with a crooked history, unable to attach emotionally
Residence = Manhattan - 2d Floor apartment in TriBeca

Born to an Irish father and Sicilian mother, Sean Sullivan was seven when his parents separated due to his father's excessive drinking and domestic violence.  For the next two years, he and his mother managed to eek out a life in Astoria . . . that's Queens, NY.  One night, he was woken by his mother's terrible screams, as an intruder was climbing through a window and she was trying to beat him back.  Sean grabbed the gun his mother kept in the closet and shot the intruder . . . thereby killing his father.

There were no legal proceedings to be had, but for the change his mother insisted on: the name change to Anthony Terriali . . . Terriali being her maiden name.  She took him away from New York and back to Sicily and her family.  They lived there, in a seaside fishing town, peacefully until her death when he was 20.  Anthony, not in school, now alone, went to live with a maternal uncle and work in his fishing company.  Eventually, he rose to manage that company when another uncle, far more affluent, called for his return to the States.

This uncle owns several properties in and around New York, under the name D'Amelio Properties, Ltd.  Anthony initially began there as a simple laborer, doing odd jobs to help things go smoothly.  Eventually, his uncle named him "Manager" of the piers D'Amelio Properties owns in Brooklyn.  It seemed to fit, Anthony near the water, and whatever issues arose between Anthony and the Teamsters seemed to be resolved rather well.  Things get done when he takes on the task . . . simple task or the ugly, unseemly tasks that no one discusses.  His is . . . "morally flexible" as his uncle says.  The child psychologist called it a "burgeoning predisposition to violence."  He comes across every type of person, every shade of character, and it's never really clear where this man, who seems so . . . malleable . . . will lean.  His emotional unavailability makes him the perfect wrench for his uncle.  But one thing is known . . . those who know him have come to call him "La Volonta," or "The Will" because he either has it . . . or he uses it to make things "right."

He is "Manager," though there's no job description.  He simply does whatever needs to be done each day.  He is grateful to his uncle, who treats him like a son . . . and who has set him up in a second floor apartment in TriBeca a ten minute subway ride from the piers.

New York was a perfect opportunity to become lost in a sea of people, to move along without much notice . . . and to repay his mother's family for their support and generosity.  But this life . . . and this world . . . just never feels like it's his.

Offline LilBat

Maya Lameer
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 01:44:46 PM »
Maya Lameer - Born, Mar. 20, 1985
===============================
Illegal Immigrant
Nature = Abrassive, confident, opinionated
Concept = illegal immigrant/sweat shop worker..aspiring musician.
Residence = Lower Manhattan
Player: VV
Av model: M.I.A.

Born in Sri Lanka to a founding member of EROS (the Eelam Revolutionary Organisation of Students), a militant Tamil group, Maya's first years in this world were spent in Jaffna, hunted with her family by the Sri Lanka army.

In Sri Lanka, they lived at first on her grandparent’s remote farm, a collection of huts without electricity or running water.  After a year, as her fathers involvement in militant activities increased, Maya, her older sister Kali and their mother moved to Jaffna in the far North of the country, where her younger brother Sugu was born.  Contact with her father by this time was strictly limited as he was in hiding from the army, he occasionally visited in secret, slipping through the window at night and being introduced to the children as an uncle so that they didn't give him away to the army when they regularly came to question the family.

Eventually, as the civil war escalated, it became unsafe for them to stay in Sri Lanka, so her father sent them to relocate to Madras in India.  Maya’s mother moved with the three children into an almost derelict house, 3 miles from the nearest road or neighbour.  They scraped by for a while, with sporadic visits from Maya’s father, and the girls attended the local school, excelling as students.  After a while, visits from friends and family grew less frequent and money grew very tight.  The children became ill, Maya’s sister caught Typhoid and they struggled to eat enough.  A visiting uncle took concern and moved them back to Sri Lanka again, where they settled back in Jaffna.

By then, the violence of the civil war was at its peak and the family repeatedly tried to flee the country.  The army regularly shot Tamils seeking to move across border areas and bombed roads and escape routes.  After several failed attempts to leave, Maya’s mother successfully made it out with the three children, on to India and then finally to London, where they were housed as refugees.

It was in the notoriously racist council estate in Mitcham, Surrey, that Maya began to learn English. Aged just eleven and in a new country, she was exposed to western radio for the first time by the noise resonating from her neighbours houses.  Her affinity for the western culture grew from the music heard which clicked with a frustrated, energetic war-child trying to relate to grey and foreign surroundings. Maya was a talented and creative student, eventually winning a place at London's Central Saint Martins Art School, where she studied fine art, film and video.  Here, for the first time, she began to piece together some of the different strands of her life experience.  She learnt how to play off her different cultural personae against each other; layering rap iconography with the warfare pictures from her youth, Asian Britain with American new-wave film making style and St. Martin's fashion sense with refugee outlooks.

A successful art career beckoned and, for a while, seemed to be Maya's destined path. Her first-ever public exhibition of paintings featured candy coloured spray-paint and stencil pictures of the Tamil freedom movement.  The show was a minor success but quickly forgotten as her brand of art and namely, her family backround, had no place in the harsh reality of a world after September 11.  Facing surmounting criticism from all levels of Enlish society Maya and her family were forced to leave as, freedom fighter...and the Tamil cause...were now branded with the ugly mark of "Terrorism".

Leaving behind the controversy in England Maya and her family, again on the run and short of funds, fled to the most unlikely place.  With family in New York, the heart of the machine waging against Terrorism, Maya's family came to live in Manhattan as illegal immigrants working in the lower east side and Garment District.  Her aspirations of an art career on hold Maya manages to scrape by with her mother and siblings, while immersing herself in another art form.  With New York's hip hop scene still alive and flourishing, both commerically and in the underground, Maya attempts to get a foothold in the underworld music scene.  Being a female though puts her at a severe disadvantage among her peers who can't quite simply grasp her brand of music...

"What's a "brown girl" singing about bombs and gernades doing in New York anyways?"-they ask.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:52:40 PM by LilBat »

Offline Rachel

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »
Ana Demetrius - Born March 1st, 1981
Super Model and Long Island Councilwoman
Nature = Beautiful, clever, intelligent
Demeanor = Headstrong and bossy, dominating
Occupation = Super Model
Residence = Long Island mansion in the Oyster Bay area

Ana is still single. She's a professional model best known as "the model with the longest legs in the world". She's 6"-1" tall with 48" long legs. She sells and distributes her own clothing and cosmetics lines and is almost too wealthy to count. She hardly has time to model now that she's accepted the council seat out on Long Island. She has a huge mansion in Oyster Bay right next to the ocean.

She hired Lucas Matzen as her professional servant, chauffer and bodyguard. He's one powerful  man, but he's submissive to her every need or command. What they do in private, stays in private.

In 2006 she ran for the empty council seat and won with Diego Farina's support. Are they part time lovers? Maybe.

Jason Maloney - Born July 4th 1980
==============================
Genovese Enterprises
Nature = Tough guy
Demeanor = Amazingly soft hands
Occupation = Carnegie Hill Spa Masseuse
Residence = Carnegie Hill Apartment

Jason is single and spends most of his time as a masseuse at the Carnegie Hill Spa where he works for Tammi Hanlin. He's spent considerable time in quite a few female beds, where he can demonstrate his wonderful talents
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:44:42 AM by Rachel »

Offline Rachel

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 09:02:09 AM »
Audrey Tatellio - Born August 9th, 1983
=============================
Columbia University Law Student
Nature = Attractive 5'-3'
Demeanor = Perky little thing
Occupation = Part time at Crane, Poole and Schmidt
Residence = Manhattan - Columbia dorms

Audrey is Rachel Tatellio's younger sister. She attended college at Carnegie Melon in Pittsburgh, PA studying acting, but decided to become a lawyer, so she transferred to Pitt for pre-law her last two years. She moved to New York City in May of 2006 and Rachel agreed to help her get admitted to Columbia University School of Law. She managed to land a part time job as a clerk at Crane, Poole and Schmidt.

Rachel Adams - Born July 4th, 1984
===========================
Columbia University Journalism
Nature = Attractive 5'-4'
Demeanor = Perky little thing
Occupation = Model
Residence = Manhattan - Columbia dorms

Rachel Adams is studying journalism at Columbia and wants to be a romance novelist. She keeps a diary and is attempting to write her first romance novel. Date her and you might wind up in it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:43:31 AM by Rachel »

Offline Rachel

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 04:13:55 PM »
Samantha Caitlin Emeris - Born May 22nd 1984
Single Mother
Nature = Pretty, Quiet, Hides a lot
Concept = Raises her six year old son
Residence = Brooklyn - 401 Clarkson St. Third floor apartment.

Samantha grew up in the Wealthier part of Queens and her parents weren't around much. She was raised by a Nanny, who died when she turned sixteen. Shortly afterward she started drinking and going to parties. When she turned Seventeen she threw her own party and got very drunk. She was too drunk to say no when she met Shane King, the school bad boy, at her birthday bash, and Devin was the result nine months later. 

She's been running from Shane since. He wants Devin James Emeris to raise himself.

She first moved from Queens to a small house in Michigan. When he tracked her down there, she went to Barstow, California. He followed her again and she took Devin and ran to Walston, Georgia. Finally, she moved to Brooklyn, New York. 

Unfortunately Shane has tracked her down and will stop at nothing to get Devin away from her. She has no idea what it is he is up to, but is determined to find out. Leaving her son with Barb, Mahoney's Bartender, she looks for him and is determined to find out what is going on.

Shane Mikal King - Born November 13th 1983
Tough Muscled Drunk
Nature = Huge as far as Brawn Goes. Thinks he's doing the right thing, when really he's not.
Concept = Tries to find and take his six year old son
Residence = Brooklyn- hotel on the far side of town

Shane was born in a slummy part of Queens. His Dad was a drunk and liked to push him and his mother around a lot. When Shane was eight, his mother left them. for the rest of his life, Shanes Father told him he was weak and that is why his mother left. In order to prove his father wrong, he began to work out and build his body, and he acted tough in school. In middle school, he was the school bully, and then in high school, he was the bad boy. All the girls wanted to date him.

When Shane turned eighteen he and a few friends decided to go to "Rich Samantha Emeris " Birthday party. they had a few drinks but Shane was very sober when he played seven minutes of Heaven with the birthday girl and things got out of hand. He vaguely remembered her saying no, but thought she was too drunk to know what she wanted.

That night when he got home, he got in a pretty heavy argument with his Father, and moved out. He moved to Brooklyn for a short time, before moving back to Queens. When he moved back he found out Samantha had just had a baby. <i> His </i> Baby. He grew angry that she didn't tell him. He went to her house and demanded that she give him the baby. She told him his name was Devin James Emeris, not Devin James King, and that the boy didn't belong to him. Then, after throwing him out of the house, she ran.

He found her again and again over the last six years, but she kept running. Now he has found her again in Brooklyn.

Recently he Joined a man who told him he'd help him get Devin. This man created a drug called foxamanide. It is put in the hand of the person administering the drug. The person administering it waves their hand in front of the other persons face and instantly the other is effected. The drug effects brain functions and makes the person taking it very confused and disoriented. Its also very easy to convince the person who has taken it to do something. Something that in their right mind they wouldn't do. (Like give you their child)

Shane will stop at nothing to get his son, and hopefully take back the mother with him.

Offline LizBeth Nickels

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 05:27:19 PM »
Name: LizBeth Marie Nickel.
Demeanor: Submissive,  beautiful, knows what she wants
Residency: New York, 301 3rd Floor Apartment at Carnegie Hill
DOB: October 2, 1985

History: Grew up on a farm in Tulsa Oklahoma.  My idea of becoming a fashion model was supported by my parents. Serventis and Julie Nickels. Who still run the farm I has two siblings, one older sister Jessica Nickels, and a younger brother Ryan Nickels. After graduating high school and being in the local modeling agency, my parents gave me some money they had saved for my college fund and realized that i had a talent. So they bought me a ticket and sent me to New York, I knew i was always destined for greatness. My mother aways said that to me anyway. Even as a child i could remember her saying, "One day Liz were going to see your name in lights." Boy i hope that comes true. well anywho this is me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:55:13 PM by Rachel »

Offline Seamus Clark

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »
Seamus Clark - Born May 17th 1974
Single Mother
Nature = Friendly, open, with a dirty sense of humor and a fondness for alcohol
Concept = Small-time writer, Irish Rogue
Residence = 2nd Floor Flat at 480 West 52nd St.

Seamus grew up in Dublin, Ireland. He was born on the day of the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings, and grew up in the climate of violence and paranoia that was Ireland during The Troubles. He began writing in his teens and came to New York to further his career late in 2007. He doesn't talk much about his past other than to say that he's from Ireland and that he lived through hard times. His family is still living in Ireland, though he is somewhat estranged from them for reasons that he, like the rest of his past, will not reveal.

He's a strong believer in the idea that life is for the living, and for having fun—that the point of life is to make love, and everything in between—writing, reading, singing, dancing, playing music, and all of that—is merely a good way of passing the time until you get to make love again.