Author Topic: God Im an idiot*L* but its ok..search is on again  (Read 2447 times)

Mysta

God Im an idiot*L* but its ok..search is on again
« on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:28 AM »
*puts the news here so you dont have to scroll all the way down*

Well....after speaking in depth with the lady, we decided that they really loved her as a member of their family, and, that they maybe hadnt given her or the kids enough chances to adapt, as they were first time rottweiler owners....
I could tell she really did love her, and didt want to just give up on her, so we laid down guidelines, rules, and a strategy for changing both the kids and Stars behaviour,......and her job as mom was to enforce both....

Im glad that they didnt want to just 'toss her away' or 'get rid of the problem' ....and i can keep looking for another rottie, as shes a member of their family, and as been for a while....*L*
Shes going to be calling me for updates, news, and telling me ow things are going, and if theres any problems, try to fix them, and if they decide it is indeed too much work, then shes bringing her to me....
so, *pouts*L* im glad that they decided to work with her...giving up on something is a hard thing to do....but my search begins again.....i have a email back on a PUPPY, we'll see how that goes, and will speak with the rottie rescue again as well, and say "Um, i talked her into keeping her"...lol....
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:53:45 AM by ~Serenity~ »

Mysta

Re: I know its a slim chance, does Any else have info?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »
*crosses fingers*
*bounces as i find out tomorrow if Peri is available...18 months, german, male, very tall and proportoned well, and has the confidence and properties i want, at a good rate, the people that bought him originally cant or dont have the time to train him, so he just bullies their kids...i offered tips*L* but they have many other doggies...so...*crosses fingers about tomorrow!!!!

he just jumps and plays, and sudden movements by the kids get him aggressively playing...im like...a knee to the chest will stop that....youve gotta be the alpha in the house!

One trait of rotties, male or female, is that at around 9, 12, and 18 months, they instinctively challenge for authority...you gotta be firm with em....

another thing about rotties....theyre a lil sadistic...its their form of play...
they will often let you IN....to the property, but once there, they will keep you from leaving.....
My female once pinned a detective against the wall while i was rummaging for some paperwork...with me out of the room, the second he made a move to wander around, rosa said 'nuh huh, not while mommas not here!"\I came out snickering to find him pinned up against the wall with his hands up....

oh yah.....my first husbands friends thought itd be awful funny to break into our house while they were drunk in the middle of the night through the laundry room....
rosa simply sat and waited while they got in, then i heard girlish screams and her lighting up barking like a 454 starting up....she let em in, all three of em, but, not out...
we just sat there and let her terrorize them for a while, laughing our asses off

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:32:53 PM »
I am reminded of the time when I was 9 or 10 when I was being taught how to train and sell the litters of rottweilers that my neighbors down the street breed... I sold my one and only puppy for 250 dollars, as he was the first and strongest and well the one's who bought him didn't have a lot of money, but they passed all the tests of being perfect for the puppy... I found out years later that they bought another one to breed as well and have been doing well with their business... and yes, all the dogs we sold were purebreed champions with documents... ~sighs sadly~ I miss doing that, but I don't have the yard nor the time to really train them anymore...

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 06:24:18 AM »
Rotties are overbearing slow punks.   ;D ;)

I like my Pitt Bull.

He's barely 65 pounds.  Add twice the bite of the others and twice the speed, gameness and you got a perfect companion!

Dont get me wrong, Ive had them all.  All the large protective breeds and I loved all of them.  But I give my pitt's mucho credit. 

Raz

Mysta

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 11:40:46 AM »
but i can sling around and throw a pitt bull*LOL*

well, id need so many stiches, it may not be worth it*L*

I love the history, the fierce loyalty, and the still-childlike playfullness they have even when they grow up...

also, theyre considered not even fully grown till theyre 3 years old...*L*
Peri's about 95 pounds so far...*crosses fingers* pleasee..other people comin ta look at him, dont take him....
my damn phone got shut off, so i did a check by phone and begged em to hurry up turnin it on....
but, the history of the Rottweiler is a very different, very moving one....at one point in time, there was only one female to be found in the City of Rottweil.....itself named after the red tiles that made up the rooftops of the village...
i found the full history at one of the sites i recieved photos back of of their stock for sale...*gags*
1200 for a puppy, FOUR THOUSAND for basic obedience trained, and 6500 for level 3 protection trained....Im like..whoa...why the huge leap from basic to barely trained?
thats not right, even if they have von shweiger wappen in their lines...
Ferro, here in town, im seeing if hes still available, and if they will take payments....hes got 4 lineages of shweiger wappen..(hes got his own postcards, the original stud dog does)
lemme find the addy for the history of the rottie...also, they were removed from police service, save for departments who have one handler per dog, as, they will ONLY attach and be loyal to one person, they will 'tolerate' another....but not others....i like that.Someone else tells my dog what to do and they will blink at them, then growl a soft warning....i often train in other languages as well, not just german..think ill try mandarin next*G*

My other reason for selecting a rottie, is that besides protection coming naturally, they barely need any training to be a 'therapy' dog....with my TIA's..(temporary strokes) they can see them coming 10-15 minutes before they happen....and, if something happens, they will cover the person affected with their own body, if seizures, etc, occurr, and, not leave their side, or do as trained...the first two things come naturally*S*  smaller dogs are cool, but they cant drag ya out of a burning house! I like my dogs near the size of horses*L* plus theyre fun to train yourself...with a sleeve and tri blind to hide behind...bein tackled by a rottie.....is a memorable event
*digs up the history of em*
http://www.premierk9.com/rottweiler.htm

this has more history than most....
*chants at the phone to make it turn back on quicker* pleaseee let Peri be available stilllll ....my budget would like it

Mysta

Re: Success! and a happy rescued rottie...
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:39:59 PM »
Ta daaaaa!!! Peri was taken*dejected sigh* but I got a message back today from Ginger!
Through the Rottie Rescue here in town, weve located a almost 2 year old(still growing, sweet thing!) rottie, who is beautiful, but was never trained, or had much time spent with her, so, when she snapped at one of the owners children(didnt even bite em) they freaked....so, they will be driving my new baby down to me from utah, and, im jumping for joy!!!!
Im also overjoyed to have rescued a rottie, who may  have otherwise been sent to the pound, or put to sleep...shes got so much potential, and ill be spending (almost*L*) every moment of the day with her!!

so, if my typing goes awry if Im chatting, itll be her nudging me for snacks!!!!

Snow? Me? what?

Beautiful Belle

Yes, I know, Im soft and fluffy..

I also am seeing if i can help out the rescue here in town, with all the extra room i have, my backyard, and me working from home, i can offer other rotties a foster alternative to being caged up or in the pound*S*
the lady who organizes it, is already at max pop, and only has a few other homes who are willing to do so at this time...so, im going to see if we can bring in a few more!!! I love volunteer work, not just with womens shelters, but with saving lives as well....
and once Belle is trained, she can join me with volunteer work for Nevada child seekers...the second my butt gets a car again, im volunteering as an investigator again....it was both heartwrenching, nervewracking, but dedicated work, to get a call, and jump out of bed at any time of the morning, grab your gear and flashlights, and, search a park, or other area, for a missing child...
I would tell anyone out there, if you have extra time at all, and looking for something to enrich yourself with, please, donate time....effort, anything you can, be it for children, shelters, or animals....
extra clothes? kids grew out of? dont throw away....send to a shelter....you have no idea how much it would please a sheltered mother, to bring new clothes to her kids...I KNOW...i once lived in them....searched through donated bags of clothes every day, to dress my daughter....
what so many people take for granted, basic necessities....so many others yearn, stress, and strive for...and its so worth it!
huggles....
CarrieAnne/Serenity
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 06:48:06 PM by ~Serenity~ »

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
~just melts into a pile of mushiness~ okay that's it, when we come out to Vegas in October for the faire there, I am sooooooooooooooooo coming over so I can cuddle that sweet adorable puppy

Mysta

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 06:52:30 PM »
*giggles hard and hugggsss...theres lotsa room here...dontcha dare get a hotel!!!

yep yep...i sooo cant wait.....if i could fly, id fly rightt up and get her!
but, yuck, all the crap you have to do with flying with animals...
gods, i cant waittt....

the set of her ears in the last pic, shows just how tolerant she is being...
my best friend, has two twin boys...MONSTERS!!!!!
they intentionally were tormenting and hurting her dogs till i told her...stiches hurt, and, if you DARE put one in the pound if they bite, im smackin ya!
so, shes not let them abuse the animals since!
*bounces bounces bounces*

*peers around....Ive  got room for...how many more?

*wicked glimmer of eyes*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 07:01:28 AM »
and da landlord is okies wif dis?

Mysta

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 01:12:13 PM »
they were more than ok*S* just add a bit to the deposit, and i laid down guidelines for how often id do the carpets and the backyard!

Offline Lilac

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 05:37:24 PM »
she is a doll!!   I dragged my mother to the Grand Rapids Pet Expo this weekend.. If I could have, I would have had at LEAST 2 more dogs (maybe a couple snakes and at least one lizard -bol)  there were several adoption agencies and rescue agencies there.  I fell in love with a part terrier part chiwahwah (yeah, I know I spelled it wrong, so sue me)  one of them parents had to be damned ambitious -lol-   but what a sweet thing.. Zoe.. it was SO hard to leave her there.. and then we found the Bull Mastiff rescue.. OMG, they were SO cool.. I just fell in love.. -sighs- I need a house.. and about 3 room mates that love animals as much as I do

I wish you ALL the best, let us know how she comes along!

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »
VERY nice.. I like rotties, but I admit.. I'm in love with malamutes. *grin* I love my girl. And you're right, rotties (and Mals) like to push their limits... being firm is the only thing you can do... even if it means grqabbing their face and growling back at them... *grin* had to do that with Mae... once. only once.

Mysta

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 10:41:36 PM »
*laughs and hugs*

ok, ill admit something, and dont make fun of me!

I grew up in alaska, almost 20 years.....and grew up with a sled dog team...i owned the lead dog(for those who know about them, theres only one type to be selected as a leader, then you have your wheel dogs, and the ones in between*L*) but every morning, i had to wake up, before my OWN breakfast, and feed all the chickens, get the eggs, run from the rooster(till i got cowboy boots and kicked him) feed the ducks, my horses, and then...EIGHTEEN DOGS..and i dont mean dump a bit of food in a bowl, they had to have hot meals every morning....then i got to eat and go to school....
we had a mixture of wolf/malamute or husky or husky/wolf dogs...mine, Blueberry, was a beautiful husky/wolf with sparkling blue eyes, and super intelligent, hence being the leader...
every year i helped set off the iditarod race, from anchorage to nome....by putting booties on the dogs( i worked for *smacks head*..the woman who won it the most years in a row...her name escapes me now...)
it was great to get around, to get to a friends house when we were snowed in, id either put on skiis and put a harness on a dog, and let them pull me (its called skijouring) or hooking up half the team and taking them out for a jaunt....i did that alone, when i was about 8 years old, could hook up and manage almost the whole team*S*
beautiful dogs, i laugh when i see them offered in the classifieds for sale for hundreds of dollars, as, they run loose or are too numerous in the pounds in alaska...i was on the board of directors later for the animal control, and i was the chair for the Rottweiler club in alaska...
youre allowed three, without permit, here in vegas, and, up to 6 with a rescue permit, which id have no trouble getting, but i need to think of my rugrats when they return, and their own safety...so, i can likely foster one or two at the most and keep a close eye on em...

when im able to, ill purchase horse property here, as, im horrified by their plight here throughout the state...mares and their foals just sent off to ...ill not describe it further, but i made myself see the pictures of their ends...and, it made me the more determined to help when and where i could.
when i was little*L* very little, i went to a combination rodeo/english match, up in alaska, and, found a poor pony that was tethered to a post, that no one came to see or tend to all day....watered her, fed her, and, when everyone packed up and left...left her behind! my friends mom owned the ring and corral, and said sure, take her home if your parents dont mind...

imagine my parents surprise when i came wandewring down the driveway with a pony in tow....
they couldnt find who owned her, and had no recourse but to let me keep her*L*
like 5 months later, i was away at summer camp with my cousin, when my grandfather drove up, to solemnly let me know theyd located her owners, and returned her....but, as i was about to screech, advised me theyd bought me a palamino and built me a new corral*L* so that softened the blow...
its kinda funny now that i think of it.....the pony i brought home....i named Star....

this sweet rotties name...

is also

Star!

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 12:09:16 AM »
*just grins as I read as You know where I live and can sympathize with alsmot everything said*

LM

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
Re: God Im an idiot*L* but its ok..search is on again
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »
*looks at Mistress Serenity*

Susan Butcher.
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~