Author Topic: An Observation  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Re: An Observation
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »
Raz,  would it have been better for people to not go into Tuchuk at all during the time that the forest event was on?  I love Ubar and am very thankful for all he does.. but, do I think people love him less because they chose to not partipate in something they do not care to do?   no...  Do I think them less thankful?  no..   There was no malice in not going to the forest event.  Did they know that the Ubar had plans on the last night to "let loose"?    They still went in and particapted in our home... our HOME..   The Ubar is in that as well..  Would you think of me less had I not particpated?  would you think I cared less of the Ubar, or the work he puts into things,  had I said.. ya know.. It really just isnt for me?  I would hope you know me better then that.. and I would hope you know your other family members as well..  This is only my opinion, of course, you have yours, I have mine.. the others have theirs.. as they say.. opinions are like ass holes.. everyone has one.. but they are just that.. opinions..   

Hrmmm...

Again, the issue was not that they were in the home rping, the issue was thanking.

For more clarification, ask the Ubar about how many finally did start messaging him thanking him after this thread went up versus before the thread went up.  I do know our home and our members, and THAT is why I posted this.  People tend to loose themselves within their own rp's.

I tend to look from outside the box, and not just the home but behind the scenes of what makes the home OUR home, the overall picture.  People could go to the moon for all I care and roleplay eating the green cheese that I know is there, as long as they took the time to sincerely have a few words with the Ubar about his efforts.

If they dont feel like rping the event then that is fine as well, not their cup of tea, slice of bologna, or any other cute rundown phrase that makes me feel all icky referring to.  I already made mention of that.  Nothing said about "Everyone sucks for being in camp"  Oh no.

Just....

Thank you Ubar and True.  From all our conversations on Q and on the phone, seriously thank you.  Your self sacrifice does mean something to me and to the others in camp, whether or not they want to say it, realize it, know it, or even if they ignore it.  I speak for myself, and maybe a few others, or maybe not after my posts, but that is neither here nor there.  Im not here to make kissy face friends, no myspace bullshit or facebook pings.  Just me.

*snorts*....

Ok, thats enough of that sentimental bullshit.

Where's my rum?

Raz

Offline Lilac

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »
-smiles- drank it all while you were on your soap box -bonks you with the empty bottle- 

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Huntress

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 08:32:29 PM »
Okay, I really feel a need to say something on this.... 

I love the Forest Event, even if I was not able to be in there in much due to RT reasons. What really bothered me was when I saw Rags in there pretty much Rping by himself. So, I took what little time I had one evening and went in. Why ( yup this is gonna piss people off, by that seems to be what Im good at), cause for some of you it wasn't your cup of tea, Okay, that I can understand, for others it was cause ya'll didnt want your asses handed to you in combat. For others I have no clue, and for those that stayed or Rp'd in camp - Well, that is your choice and I see nothing wrong with that.

But, please keep in mind that fact that Rags made sure EVERYONE had fun and in the end hardly anyone was around to make sure HE had fun. I for one, thanked Him for such an EVENT to even take place, and the time He took with it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Rags is not Your " Cruise Director" so to speak, He should have Rp as much as the next person... And we as a " Family" should be there for each other, even when we don't want to or even like too.

But then again these are just my thoughts, take them for what they are worth or not worth.

Rags - Again, I thank you for all you did to make the Forest Event what it is every year. You are truly a leader and a dear friend...

Family - If your gonna slam my post on this thread, save your time and effort cause I have no desire to hear it, even though I love ya'll....

* kicks my soapbox away, and slinks back into the shadows of RT*

Vala
"It is said that only the heart of the mountain larl brings more luck then that of the vicious ,cunning sleen."
Outlaw of Gor, p. 37