Author Topic: An Observation  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
An Observation
« on: January 22, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »
Hrmm..

Wow, noted that the camp had a number of people in there last night.

*scratches my head*  Could have sworn the TRC event had a few more days left on it.

Unless the Ubar simply decided to end the event early, and if that's the case then welcome home everyone!

If that wasnt the case, then, that just seems like....well, I suppose we can figure that one out for ourselves.

Raz

Offline Alex

• Wapike
Re: An Observation
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 10:53:52 PM »
Hrmm..

Wow, noted that the camp had a number of people in there last night.

*scratches my head*  Could have sworn the TRC event had a few more days left on it.

Unless the Ubar simply decided to end the event early, and if that's the case then welcome home everyone!

If that wasnt the case, then, that just seems like....well, I suppose we can figure that one out for ourselves.

Raz

i was in the room and i had a great time... ill be honest the TRC event has not been my favorite event in the entire world but i can see how it would be alot of fun, and i did try to enjoy it and give it a chance.. it didnt suit me.. I Enjoy the solidity that Tuchuk Brings.. so i saw my fellow brothers and sisters in the room i decided to enjoy a nice night of rp that I have helped support through My membership.....

but i havnt seen anywhere, that says that rping in the room was prohibited while the event is taking place, not allowed or any of the above.. if I am mistaken then you all have my apoligies... but if not then so be it...

I have said my peace to Rags about the TRC event.. it wasnt my cup of tea.. he knows my reasons...

bye bye!

Offline ki

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 09:57:02 AM »
He got permisson to be in the Room from Mistress Shoko
(tho he was not in that night)
he is a beast. steel bound..he does not change..he goes on... tho the day passes on leaden feet.. and the sky weeps.. he goes on ..

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
The Forest event is simply not an interest to me... I've tryed it repeatedly... only to find myself more so a fish out of water... I simply prefer the comforts of my wagon and the lowing of Bosk.   I had a good time that night..and will be in camp again... sorry if it offends.

Shylina
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:43:51 PM »

i havnt seen anywhere, that says that rping in the room was prohibited while the event is taking place, not allowed or any of the above

I wasn't aware it was an "either - or" situation. Either we rp in the event or we don't rp at all.

Like Wapike, I haven't seen where it was prohibited or not allowed. And like Shy, I did try the event, and found it not to my liking, for very much the same reasons.

So thanks for the welcome home Raz.  :D
~*~~*~

Offline Lilac

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
im not sure that Raz was saying it was wrong to be in MTC while the forrest event was going on.. perhaps just wondering if it did indeed end early.. I dont see anything wrong with being in tuchuk while the event is going on.. for some.. as said, just aint their cup o tea..

course.. I could be interpreting the message wrong.......wouldnt be the first, and probably wont be the last

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »
There is...a difference between missing the comforts or solidity of camp and seeking the interactions of one specific person.  No one said there was an either or situation. 

But, again, also understand, that the TRC was an event to break the monotony of camp and the lull that many seem to find.  Something that was member requested.  Something that I would not fault if it never took place again for frustration sake.

Sometimes, many of home fail to realize the time and effort that is put forth by the Ubar, nor the self sacrifice for others enjoyment and hardly give the respect due to simply say...Thank you for the many nights that that were given up to see that we were indulged.

Then again, some only see their own happiness, regardless of the fact that they ignore the rest of camp and become subservient to their own fantasies of what matters to them the most. 

There is more that is seen or observed than many presume.

Those that responded to say "It wasnt my cup of tea", quite understandable, I am sure everyone has their own reasons.  Granted.  Then a simple, "thank you Ubar for your effort" would suffice.

If you mull it over and feel you are offended or even approach this with a form of attitude, then perhaps you should ask why you feel that way? 

No one is obligated to participate.

But sometimes, a simple thank you, goes a very long way to make the effort all the more worthwhile.

Raz

PS...Yes, it is simply that hard for me to be this nice when there is so much more.

Offline Salem

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
I did have alot of fun with the event myself, but I was starting to get a little homesick. I know there was only a few days left, but I was burned out from it. I will continue to participate in them in the future, as well. I did not mean any offense to anyone by stepping back into my old skin early. I am not ignorant of the time and effort that was put forth by Ubar. I was going to wait for the event to officially be over before I acknowledged those that worked to provide the event and make it a success and enjoyable, but I will do so now.

Thank you to all those involved, Ubar, Terran, Sid, and Amber especially, who made the event a fun distraction for me.

While at times I did find myself at a point where I was not enjoying myself, I stuck it out to play the majority of the event, and I am glad that I did. I do not want my timing on this to reflect poorly on me, however. So thank you all again, and I look forward to the next one.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 07:00:16 AM »
There is never a question of gratitude from me to the Ubarate one... even when he dumps snow on my head and makes a wagon seat break thus pinching my ass hard enough to split the skin open.. Ragnar reserves a certain level of creativity to keep things interesting and thus shares that responsibility with others at times.... I am very glad he got this forest event going on for the sake of breaking up the role play venues...its good to have a chance for others to blow off some steam that sometimes gets bottled up.  For the rest of us.  some choose the comforts of camp  others....we take a needed break...

Ragnar... you know how much you are loved and appreciated for all your efforts... and after all the icq conversations that we carry on.... I do hope you know that.

Raziel... I do respect you for your opinions and words even though I do not always agree with them.  I appreciate you also for your efforts. there was no disrespect intended if that is what percieved.

Members of camp.  there are days we get along fine and others where we don't and won't.  its NOTHING personal against anyone.  its just who we are.. because we all bring something different and unique to the table...but I do appreciate each and everyone of you  just as much as I do the Ubarate.

Shylina.....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 07:03:16 AM by Shylina Marie »
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »

If you mull it over and feel you are offended or even approach this with a form of attitude, then perhaps you should ask why you feel that way? 

I have taken alot of thought into this reply, because yes I am Offended by your reply. its not of who is wrong or who is right, i have learned to enjoy the witty banter that goes on and great discussions that take place..I agree on alot of your points except one...

I have spoken to the Ubar and I see the reasoning he and you have about the feelings a few may have had when we roleplayed while the event takes place... I understand the time the effort that takes place and the hours that is put into it as for getting guidelines et up or as simple as color coating the pulldowns, and emmense amount of time has been put into this but what gets me and offends me to the point  I can not let it go with out a reply...

To Me and i will state it lightly, i can be wrong for presuming, it questions my loyalty and respect for the Ubar, and that does not make me happy.

I appreciate everything he does, and everything He has taght me and the great individuals around him have taught me.. i have learned to let my pride go to the wayside sometimes for reasons of learning... and I realize that by letting go of a closed mind you can observe the true wonder and joy of this game, and he has taught me that... that whole purpous hasnt been in question...

I have saw the greatness and a kind heart in a man that virtually gets nothing in return for all that he does but a smile on his face for see a huge amount of people enjoying something he has made possible and keeps in order.. for that ill thank him everytime.. and always have.. For this man is a mentor, a grandfather and a father to so many in there hearts and i am one of those people... to me that is where the post went just far enough.. in my mind you questioned my loyalty to him and all that he does.. and i take offense to that..

As much as he gives us the freedom to enjoy this game and everything he does i havent ever taken for granted in what he does or not wanted to thank him for that, I know on alot smaller of a scale of what he must go through and i have learned so much from that, so I cant even Imagin what he does... so for all of that I am always greatful..

And as far as I am concerned he will always know that from me..
bye bye!

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »
For this man is a mentor, a grandfather and a father to so many in there hearts and i am one of those people... to me that is where the post went just far enough.. in my mind you questioned my loyalty to him and all that he does.. and i take offense to that..

Good.  Take offense.  You should because the Ubar, may not say it, but is also offended and perhaps even hurt.

If he is a mentor and teacher that you try to learn from and enjoy the fun rp with...where were you to return that favor to him, giving him a moment of fun?

I dont think any of you realize what he did, truly, and if you do, then ignore the rest of this.

The first 2 to 3 weeks was for all of us to have fun and the Ubar, was waiting for the last week to really rp himself in the event to let loose and have fun with all of us...

He ended up in the room by himself, interacting with mainly one person.

Loyalty and respect, love and fun...*shakes my head*...and many say they have conversations with this man they call the Ubar, or their father figure.  Do you truly think of his needs?  What fun he gets to have or share in?  This event is not just for us but for him as well and yet how many avoided interaction with his characters?  Or confrontations with him under the presumptions he would kick your ass or collar you or what have you?  I know it cannot be for fear...seriously...fear over the loss of a TRC?

I have pulled my punches...I have pulled what I wanted to really say.  Trying to be nice...yet there is still these posts about what is offended or some such nonsense. 

How about this?  Take your head out of your ass and quit thinking about what offends YOU or upsets YOU and think about the Ubar.  Did you bother to ask his point of view or talk to him recently?  Sure, he might put on a show and say all is well, but still the Thank yous and the apologies goes a long way. 

Are you offended because of what I said or perhaps it is the thought that somewhere deep down, you feel guilt?  And you have a need to justify your guilt?  I did not question anyone's loyalty or respect for the Ubar, no where did I say that.  If you bring it up, that is on you.

What I did say is many fail to realize what he does for OUR indulgence and what have we done for HIS?

So, to Wapike, directly...reread what I wrote...carefully this time...and if you are going to take alot of thought into a reply, make sure you understand first and foremost, what the message was and the intention behind it.

I dont post any of this without actual firsthand knowledge of what is going on.  I post this as someone that is concerned for the health and happiness of a trusted friend, a valued friend.  A friend that I know cares more for others than himself.

It is high time that same effort is returned to him by those he has given himself to.

Raz

Offline Serinna

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 11:59:53 PM »
for Myself.... I tried TRC... I couldnt get into it. at one time I was Panther... years ago. I was in a panther room for some time. I just didnt feel it. Im not offended by anything said here. by anyone. I spoke to Ubar about this. at no time in anything I said or say here did I nor do I intend to hurt or offend anyone.... I am greatful for many things. to Ubar in paticular for one of them. I hope he knows or remembers for what as well as many more things. a big part of which is the fact that He keeps Our home in place. I know I have not been in much. I do apologize gravely for that.

just My "2 cents" worth

*puts My soap box away*
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »
Raz, I see your point. I truly honestly do.

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

If he is a mentor and teacher that you try to learn from and enjoy the fun rp with...where were you to return that favor to him, giving him a moment of fun?

I dont think any of you realize what he did, truly, and if you do, then ignore the rest of this.

You really do have a hard time being nice dont you.... I didnt stop reading here but I dont take it to heart, I knew what you meant, and what you meant by it. the message was all but clear..

but at least now we both know where each other is coming from.. so with that I will end my rantings.. Have a good one bro.....

bye bye!

Offline Lilac

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
Raz,  would it have been better for people to not go into Tuchuk at all during the time that the forest event was on?  I love Ubar and am very thankful for all he does.. but, do I think people love him less because they chose to not partipate in something they do not care to do?   no...  Do I think them less thankful?  no..   There was no malice in not going to the forest event.  Did they know that the Ubar had plans on the last night to "let loose"?    They still went in and particapted in our home... our HOME..   The Ubar is in that as well..  Would you think of me less had I not particpated?  would you think I cared less of the Ubar, or the work he puts into things,  had I said.. ya know.. It really just isnt for me?  I would hope you know me better then that.. and I would hope you know your other family members as well..  This is only my opinion, of course, you have yours, I have mine.. the others have theirs.. as they say.. opinions are like ass holes.. everyone has one.. but they are just that.. opinions..   

to the Ubar.. I hope you know how much you really are loved... and how thankful people are for you and all that you do for Maze and Tuchuk as well..  and that you do not need everyone to participate in everything to see this.. You ARE LOVED.. and I am thankful, every day, that I have a home .. a home that has special activites..    some may not suit everyone.. but at least they are there.

I feel like I am starting to ramble.. so I end this here.. This is all I have to say on this..   

Lilac...

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am