Author Topic: Our vacation...  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Our vacation...
« on: December 22, 2010, 12:38:14 AM »
Well we got in Thursday afternoon to weather that was 30 degrees warmer than what we left behind in Philly, which was 20 degrees with 5 degrees wind chill, plus they had a winter storm that was supposed to come in around 4 or 5p that late afternoon, though it seems as we were watching the weather news that it hit around 1p their time. So glad we were in Dallas when it hit. LOL Anyways, the rain started to fall misty like Friday afternoon and hasn't stopped since then, the worst of all three storms started about 30 minutes ago and will be going until late tonight, at least, thing is, this is not a good thing for the burn areas. They have already evacuated several areas, including La Canada Flintridge, as well as Tujunga, as they were part of the Station fire just last year and new growth is little to nothing up there, sadly. So if you all could, keep those in the areas that are most susceptible to mud slides and dirt slides in your thoughts and prayers, as well as my parent's and sister's neighbors, who are currently running around in the pouring rain trying to get their pool's water level down, because as of right now, it's overflowing and the overflow mechanism can't work fast enough with the amount of water falling from the sky at the moment. If it isn't fixed, they will end up with a flooded house, which is not a good thing, as they just got the house and are not ready for the cost of cleaning up flooding.

On another note, I got a bit surprise from my parents, seems this trip I am going to be getting my teeth fixed. Talk about shocked, this week is only two appts and that's for impressions and bite impressions, I will be having all of my teeth pulled, as it seems I do still have all of them, well minus the crowns, but still, that's a lot of teeth I didn't realize I still had. And then come Wednesday or Thursday I will have my dentures, though when we return to Delaware, I will have to find a dentist to make sure no sores or other ouchies that can come about due to new dentures happen, then come next year for Christmas, we will be flying back to Cali again, much to our surprise, and that is when I will have the re-alignment done. ~grins and does the famous snoopy dance~

Anyway, that's just a small update, having a ball even with the many dentist appointments, but it's all for the greater good, and now I am going to go back into our room and snarf down my sourdough jack, jack in the box taco, and of course a good sized serving of their seasoned fries. Man we have missed Jack in the Box, as well as In-N-Out Burgers. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM! ~hugggggggggggggggggggggggggles to all~

Offline Lilac

Re: Our vacation...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »
mannnnn  why'd ya have to go and mention jack n the box and in and out.. Misses them :(not that I could have um any more but mmm I remember them.. Best burgers ever!  Congrats on the teeth!

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the the concrete.  Drawn only to be washed away. For the time I've been given, I am what I am

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »
Hey! Congrats True!!  ;D ;D

mmm in and out. -drool-..so good. Pity they aren't up here in 'cold land'.
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Taryn

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
All of my teeth were pulled this morning, took approximately 3 hours to do so and before I had the time to adjust having a toothless mouth, the temporary dentures were put into place. To say that it feels odd to have so many teeth in my mouth right now, would be an understatement, but I am talking so much better than I have in years. There's a little bleeding, but the main one I have to watch is the one area that lays right under that little divot under my nose, as the dentist had to cut the frennal, so that the dentures would fit better, that little sucker will start bleeding at the drop of a hat.

In any case, they look awesome and when I get a chance tomorrow, I will have either Ray or a friend, who we are driving out to see in Lancaster in the early afternoon, to take a picture so I can upload it and show off my smile to my family. I am off to bed, I seem not to be able to stop sleeping, but I keep being told that sleep helps me heal, so after having a mashed up banana, that is where I am heading once more.

Rags, I will try and give you a call in the next few days, there are a couple of things I would like to talk to you about.

Love to my family. ~huggggggggggggggggggggggggggggles~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
Just think sis...

Ray and I could have saved you a bundle and just knocked your teeth out in a lot less time than three hours. Sheeesh!!!

::)

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
-huggles ya up-  I'm glad it went okay and that you came thru it well.  Don't overdo it and take care of yourself sis.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »
I hope I get to see you soon!! Mini-gathereing West needs to see another year strong!!

anyways I didnt get a chance to call- I spent my entire two days off working my ass off!! I will tell you all about it soonish but you gotta promise not to tell AJ!! -huggles-

Offline Taryn

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 01:18:16 AM »
No Mini-gathering west this year, due to other things going on. In fact, just got home about 15 minutes ago from being down in Chula Juana to visit a very, very old friend, who until the time I saw him, I had no clue I had missed his company and other things we used to do together until that point. Though now we leave in just 2 days, well a day, as it's Monday morning, I find I don't want to leave, I want to stay here where my family and friends are. There is nothing for us in Delaware, that place is eating us alive, but until we can get a few things worked out and fixed, we are stuck there. With no friends once again to hang out with, and of course this leads to a really low point for me, to the point that anything sets me off crying or screaming.

I don't know right now if I am going to return to camp, it could be from these feelings I am going through, or something, but I will promise you Rags, I will talk to you before I make a final decision, might just need to be hit over the head a few times, or whatever. Maybe I just need some sleep, pain meds, or some of the fresh green downstairs, either way, maybe that will knock some sense into me, but I feel lost suddenly.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
We are home, now the fun part starts. As of this moment, I am on a completely different computer and everything I need is on the laptop. Since I didn't get the 1.5TB for Christmas, I instead got Ray's new computer, as his Christmas present was another brand spanking new computer, the one I got is only a few months old, so for the rest of today I get to move files over 2 GB at a time.

I am still undecided about things, as I posted in the Thoughts and Prayers thread, I just lost a very, very old and good friend 3 days ago and that has caused some things to come up that I am trying to deal with.

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »
Glad you made it home safe!  -hugs-

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
-hugs you up tight-..

Grats on the newer systems. That`s good!..-s-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d