Author Topic: Work...  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Work...
« on: July 24, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »
Starting tomorrow at 4:30pm until 9-12 hours later I will be working at my new job... it's only temporary, but from what I am getting it's going to last for at least two or three months... I get to work the production line at Vlasic Pickles, talk about getting tired of pickles in a short time... ~laughs~ but, the work days are going to be a pain in the ass... monday thru saturday, with an occasional sunday... no I am not really complaining, this is something that we need, for those who know what we have been going through for the past 4 months or so... the best thing about this is that it's a union job, meaning any hours after the 8 in a day are overtime, and there is a chance for double time if I work sundays... this is going to be a good thing in the end...

So what I am basically saying, is that I am not going to be around for a time... until the season dies down that is... I will pop in when I can, but until I know how this is going to be, and how dog gone tired I am going to be on my only day off, I more than likely won't be in IC... just dropping in OOC when I can...  We need this more than words can describe...

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
Re: Work...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »
From my own experience, it usually takes my body a good month or more to adjust to the "summer's over, back to school!" teaching schedule - and that's only getting up some four hours earlier than usual, not completely flip-flopping my internal clock for a night shift.  You may find that you aren't able to sleep immediately after you get home from work due to fatigue and adrenaline, so MTC might end up having an early morning role-player!  (I remember when Furaan worked third shift, and he was usually up for a good 2-3 hours once he got home at 6:30 a.m.)  In any case, don't worry if your body does strange things on its new schedule!

I know I told you last night, but HUGE congratulations once again!

And if you get a great deal on wholesale pickles, talk to Jay; I can't stand the things! -grins-

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »
Np sis. *S*

LUCK!!!

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:55:47 PM »
Congrats Sis!  I don't think it will take ya very long to get used to the overnight schedule..you're a night owl anyway, it's just getting enough sleep between shifts that's the problem...daylight hours suck ass when you're trying to sleep for a night shift, add in summer heat during the hottest hours.  We'll be here when you get your schedule down.  Oh and by the way...pickles are a free food..no calories, no fat, if you're trying to lose weight, pickles are awesome. -loves pickles-

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:58:44 PM »
Mmm pickles!

Congrats Sis, that's awesome! ;D

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:15:40 PM »
hates pickles, but congrats on the job Mistress
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 10:23:41 AM »
Pickles!!  WOOT!!
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: Work... not
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:50:52 PM »
I lasted 2 1/2 hours before I had to leave... they kept saying that I would get used to the smell, but even in front of two HUGE fans, I kept wheezing and wanting to sit down and get my breath back... soooo... for the time being I am unemployed... ~pouts~ needless to say, even if I could make it back today, I don't think they would have let me work, the entire right side of my face is swollen to the point that my right eye is nearly shut...

So I have two other jobs I am looking into, one of which I am going to sit on, as they are begging for help, and I can handle this job easier than anything else... no stuffing pickles into small jars... btw...

I HATE PICKLES!!!!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:26 PM »
Hang in there sis.   :-*

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 08:26:26 PM »
See?!  I told you pickles were evil!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
Hopefully you will be as blessed as I have been .... I will keep you in my prayers...
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.